Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Green Beans, Peas and Inverted Carets  (Read 24144 times)

Offline Steve Thomas

Re: Green Beans, Peas and Inverted Carets
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2018, 07:08:42 PM »
Advertisement

It is possible that whoever called the FBI "shortly after 2:00", also told them of the Beckley address, but without knowing who made the call from DPD, or who took the call at the FBI, it's impossible to know.

On the other hand, I find it very hard to believe that Hosty never criss-crossed the phone number that he said Ruth Paine gave him on November 5th.

Steve Thomas

Bookhout told the WC that it was he who made the call, but that he was not in Fritz's office when the questioning began at 2:20.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/bookhout.htm
Mr. STERN - Were you present when he was brought in?
Mr. BOOKHOUT - Yes.

Mr. STERN - Then what occurred, that you observed?
Mr. BOOKHOUT - I believe he was taken directly into Captain Fritz' office and the interview started at that time with Captain Fritz, and two homicide officers.
Mr. STERN - Were you present?
Mr. BOOKHOUT - I was not in the office at that time. I called our office, advised them he had been brought in, and that the interview was starting and shortly thereafter Mr. Shanklin, our SAC called back and said the Bureau wanted the agents present in the interview and that Hosty, James P. Hosty, I believe was to sit in on the interview, and I was to also be present with Hosty. So, at that time, we asked Captain Fritz to sit in on the interview, and that was approximately 3:15 p.m.

Bookhout was not present when Fritz first started talking to Oswald at 2:20, so he couldn't have transmitted Oswald's Beckley St. address to Hosty at that point, unless Fritz told Bookhout at the same time he dispatched Senkel and Cunnungham at 2:40, or the "un-named officer" also told Bookhout.

Steve Thomas

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2018, 07:08:42 PM »

Paul McBrearty

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2018, 07:48:08 PM »
This is definitely not an inverted caret symbol, it is an ampersand symbol.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2018, 07:55:00 PM »
Walt,

Not necessarily.
The 3:15 time matches Fritz's interrogation notes.
Police detectives had already been dispatched to Beckley 35 minutes before that at 2:40.
In his Report to Curry, Revill wrote that he met Hosty in the basement at 2:50.

Fritz told the WC that an officer, whose name he could not recall, had told him of the Beckley address before he (Fritz) went in to talk to Oswald at 2:20.

Somebody at the police station called the Dallas FBI and told them that LHO had been arrested. Hosty recognized the name. Shanklin called Washington, and Washington told Shanklin to have Hosty get his butt down there. Washington also called Fritz to hold the questioning until Hosty could get there.

Hosty (4H461)
Shortly after 2 o'clock, we received information that this man had been captured and taken to the Dallas Police Department. One of our agents called from the Dallas Police Department and identified this man as Lee Harvey Oswald. I immediately recognized the name.

Mr. HOSTY. Right. There are no regional offices. I then took the file to the agent in charge, told him that we had a case on Lee Harvey Oswald. While I sat there he immediately called headquarters and advised headquarters here in Washington, D.C., that Lee Harvey Oswald was under arrest down at Dallas and had been observed shooting a police officer. They had eyewitnesses to his killing of Officer Tippit.
Mr. STERN. How do you know that?
Mr. HOSTY. This had been given to us by one of our agents from the call from the Dallas Police Department who had given the information. I don't know who it was. I did not receive the call.

It is possible that whoever called the FBI "shortly after 2:00", also told them of the Beckley address, but without knowing who made the call from DPD, or who took the call at the FBI, it's impossible to know.

On the other hand, I find it very hard to believe that Hosty never criss-crossed the phone number that he said Ruth Paine gave him on November 5th.

Steve Thomas

Fritz told the WC that an officer, whose name he could not recall, had told him of the Beckley address before he (Fritz) went in to talk to Oswald at 2:20.

I don't believe Fritz.....  He was a key conspirator.

Somebody at the police station called the Dallas FBI and told them that LHO had been arrested.

There were three FBI agents in the Texas theater at the time of Lee's arrest.....Bardwell Odum, Jim Swinford, and Bob Barrett.   Nobody from the DPD contacted the FBI.....Hoover's Extra Special agents were at the scene.

Shortly after 2 o'clock, we received information that this man had been captured and taken to the Dallas Police Department. One of our agents called from the Dallas Police Department and identified this man as Lee Harvey Oswald. I immediately recognized the name.

According to the official story..... The DPD didn't know the identity of the man they had arrested "shortly after 2 O'clock"

The official story has the arch villain Lee Harrrrvey Osssswald being totally uncooperative and snarling at Fritz to figger it out for himself.....  But Hoover knew the identity of the man who had been arrested in the theater BEFORE Lee arrived at the Police station. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2018, 07:55:00 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2018, 08:46:35 PM »
This is definitely not an inverted caret symbol, it is an ampersand symbol.

It sure looks like an ampersand symbol, but it still looks nothing like the very obvious ampersand symbol Hosty used on the 2nd page.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2018, 12:19:24 PM »
It sure looks like an ampersand symbol, but it still looks nothing like the very obvious ampersand symbol Hosty used on the 2nd page.

It sure looks like an ampersand symbol,

This is probably the best we can hope for from Billy Bob.....   He simply lacks the gonads to admit he was wrong.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2018, 12:19:24 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2018, 03:45:31 PM »
The time that Hosty wrote at the very top of the page is 3:15....(He verifies that time in his book  Assignment: Oswald.)

Hosty must have had Lee Oswald's rooming house address BEFORE the interrogation began because his first entry is "1026 N. Beckley room"  then the next item is "2515 W. 5th Irving "

Fritz tried to make it appear as though Lee Oswald was uncooperative and he tried to conceal the address of the rooming house....

Hosty had those addresses before Fritz started questioning Lee.....

Hosty must have had Lee Oswald's rooming house address BEFORE the interrogation began because his first entry is "1026 N. Beckley room"  then the next item is "2515 W. 5th Irving "

I don't believe I made my point clear in the above statement....

The point is:....Hosty knew that Marina resided at the house of Paine at 2515 W. 5th in Irving......But that address never came up during the early interrogation of Lee Oswald.   Therefore Hosty must have been jotting down those addresses from memory before the interrogation started.......

IOW.....Hosty KNEW where Lee was living in Oakcliff.....But lied and denied that he knew the address.

Offline Steve Thomas

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2018, 03:58:43 PM »

The point is:....Hosty knew that Marina resided at the house of Paine at 2515 W. 5th in Irving......But that address never came up during the early interrogation of Lee Oswald. 

Walt,

I'm sorry, but yes it did. the Irving St. address was the first rattle out of the box when Truly gave it to Fritz at the TSBD, before Oswald had even been arrested.

Steve Thomas

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2018, 03:58:43 PM »

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2018, 04:11:50 PM »
Hosty's main involvement, rather his only involvement with Oswald was keeping tabs on his places of residence and employment, and the nature of his employment. It's too much of a stretch to accept he didn't establish the rooming house address via the phone number, as supplied by Ruth Paine.