Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Max Holland Reviews "I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak"  (Read 11092 times)

Offline Fred Litwin

Max Holland Reviews "I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak"
« on: December 23, 2018, 07:03:58 PM »
Advertisement
Historian Max Holland has reviewed my book, "I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak."

https://www.washingtondecoded.com/site/2018/12/litwin.html#more

"Now Fred Litwin, in his new book, I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak, traces his transformation from a young, energetic conspiracist to the vigorous debunker he is today. The result is a brisk, bracing, witty, and surprisingly comprehensive read, and one that ought to be considered by anyone in Generation Z who is intrigued by the assassination and thinking of joining the research community."

JFK Assassination Forum

Max Holland Reviews "I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak"
« on: December 23, 2018, 07:03:58 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Max Holland Reviews "I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak"
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 08:16:39 PM »
Historian Max Holland has reviewed my book, "I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak."

https://www.washingtondecoded.com/site/2018/12/litwin.html#more

"Now Fred Litwin, in his new book, I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak, traces his transformation from a young, energetic conspiracist to the vigorous debunker he is today. The result is a brisk, bracing, witty, and surprisingly comprehensive read, and one that ought to be considered by anyone in Generation Z who is intrigued by the assassination and thinking of joining the research community."
Holland is, for me, hands down the smartest scholar on the assassination. He's researched deeply into the event and is able to place it in the larger context of the Cold War. For him Oswald wasn't driven by just personal demons; Oswald was a political animal who said he loathed the US, admired Castro, and was furious about JFK's covert war on Cuba. Notoriety, a desire to make history, a dislike of the world. Sure they played a role too (most likely). But we can't forget that Oswald was a well read person on the Cuban issue. I can't see how his views on that issue didn't affect his act.

This is nearly 25 years old but it holds up well: Holland on making sense of the assassination: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/holland.htm

Which raises a question, Mr. Litwin: what do you think Oswald's motivations were? Yes, it's an unanswerable question - Oswald himself may not have been able to articulate one; but many of the questions about this matter have no answers (did LHO use the scope or the iron sights?).

Offline Fred Litwin

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 08:26:41 PM »
Steve: The best book on Oswald's motivation is by Jean Davison, "Oswald's Game."  She believes that he read the article
in the New Orleans Times-Picayune in early september 1963 about Castro's warning to American leaders - that they
themselves would not be safe if attacks on Cuban leaders continues.  She believes that that infuriated Oswald, and
by chance, he had an opportunity to strike a blow for the Cuban revolution.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 08:26:41 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 08:40:24 PM »
F.Y.I.

Quote on

Dallas Police Chief Jesse Curry would write a book when he retired entitled JFK Assassination File and in it he made many comments that did NOT support the WC?s conclusions regarding the murder of JFK. Here is but one of them.

Quote on

Investigations were awaiting the results of the autopsy with the NA?VE assurance that the government would release a detailed autopsy report which could be used in the investigation. The photographs and autopsy evidence were NEVER released by the government. Apparently portions of the material have even been DESTROYED. The Warren Commission itself yielded to the political pressure and NEVER EXAMINED the autopsy photographs. (Jesse Curry, JFK Assassination File, p. 122) (Emphasis added)

Quote off

How in the world can you reach a conclusion on a murder involving bullet wounds IF you never look at the autopsy material? Furthermore, why in the world would this have been WITHHELD from the WC IF it really depicted the wounds claimed? IF LHO really shot JFK all by himself from behind why would this be necessary?

What changed this author's outlook so dramatically?

Offline Don Echols

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 09:08:34 PM »
James C Jenkins,Standing at the Cold Shoulder of History. A great read. He totally disputes everything,published in the past 55 years.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 09:08:34 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 08:02:41 AM »
Holland is, for me, hands down the smartest scholar on the assassination. He's researched deeply into the event and is able to place it in the larger context of the Cold War. For him Oswald wasn't driven by just personal demons; Oswald was a political animal who said he loathed the US, admired Castro, and was furious about JFK's covert war on Cuba. Notoriety, a desire to make history, a dislike of the world. Sure they played a role too (most likely). But we can't forget that Oswald was a well read person on the Cuban issue. I can't see how his views on that issue didn't affect his act.

This is nearly 25 years old but it holds up well: Holland on making sense of the assassination: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/holland.htm

Which raises a question, Mr. Litwin: what do you think Oswald's motivations were? Yes, it's an unanswerable question - Oswald himself may not have been able to articulate one; but many of the questions about this matter have no answers (did LHO use the scope or the iron sights?).

Steve,

Oswald may have been recruited and trained and/or "MKULTRA-ed" by the KGB in the USSR.

-- Tommy  :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 08:10:05 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Jim Brunsman

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 04:27:10 AM »
You must be joking. Holland is an embarrassment to the JFK research community. Clearly a CIA asset, some of his ridiculous comments over the years have made me wretch. He goes right to the top of the list of disinformation agents beginning with Specter, Ford, Posner, Bugliosi, Myers and their ilk.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 04:27:10 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2018, 04:38:55 AM »
You must be joking. Holland is an embarrassment to the JFK research community. Clearly a CIA asset, some of his ridiculous comments over the years have made me wretch. He goes right to the top of the list of disinformation agents beginning with Specter, Ford, Posner, Bugliosi, Myers and their ilk.

Jim,

*retch

--Tommy  :)

PS  Even if Holland was a "CIA asset" (whatever that means), what would be so bad about that?

Are you one of those Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy Theorists who blame all the world's ills on the "evil, evil, evil" CIA, and think it should be shut down?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 05:25:39 AM by Thomas Graves »