Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: More Proof Of Conspiracy - What Kilgallen Knew  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Re: More Proof Of Conspiracy - What Kilgallen Knew
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2019, 11:47:59 PM »
Interesting, Kilgallen estate related details. Richard Kollmar sold the couple's townhouse to Manya Kahn.
He extended a $200,000 mortgage to Kahn, despite her lack of means of support and her 1956 bankruptcy,
filed as zero assets, $102,000 liabilities. Kahn took out several second mortgage loans in the short time she "owned" the townhouse. Link to page 1, last second mortgage filing, Oct., 13, 1967. Last 3 pages avail. via nav. arrow in upper left corner.

A Manya Fertig Kahn was the wife of Dr. Augustus Kahn, MD, prominent in the chess community Their son was Mark L. Kahn, born 1921, an OSS economist in DC during WWII.

Alan Dershowitz writes about conflicting testimony of Kahn employees in the Von Bulow trial.:

Five mentions of Kahn or her three employees inserting themselves in the Von Bulow trial.:
The Von Bülow Affair: The Objective Behind-the-Scenes Account of the ...
By William Wright
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 12:12:39 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2019, 11:47:59 PM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2019, 10:05:25 AM »

Thanks, Tom.  Hey, did you know that whenever I spoke with Dovey Roundtree, she kept calling Leo Damore 'Leo Durocher'?  That's 'Leo the Lip to you !!!  LOL

Online Denis Pointing

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 11:54:17 AM »
Jeff, thanks for respite for Mr. Iacoletti...it is a dirty job, but somebody has to.

I cannot answer specifically, but this "nut" is savant-like .... he noticed the scam Lee Israel ran on the Ed Forum, lesding me to verify his observations via the IP#s.....
http://letsrollforums.com/showpost.php?p=235350

Lee Israel sock puppets post:
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/5421-dorothy-kilgallen/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-259928

You're hardly completely blameless yourself, are you Tom? It was me that first exposed Israel as a forger, thief and liar over 10 years ago at the ED forum. (See below) I expected one hell of a response, I was awaiting the usual bombardment of insults, denials and blind refusals to accept the truth about the ED forums favourite heroine. The response my post received was absolutely... ZERO! Not one single member replied it was as if the post was invisible. That was the ED members way of dealing with the Lee Israel expose', just ignore it and hope it went away, put on the blinkered glasses. You were one of those members, Tom. Why didn't you post a response at the time, Tom? So don't start acting holier than thou now, with your talk of "sock puppets". You were no better than the rest of the ED members at that time.

Denis Pointing
Advanced Member
Denis Pointing
Members
370 posts
Posted June 14, 2009
After trying to find more info on the "exclusive" and "private" Kilgallen/Ruby interview via the web I was intrigued to find that many, about 20%, of the reports state the interview was far from exclusive and certainly not private and was no more than a few words inside the packed courtroom during a recess, whilst other reporters looked on within hearing range. Hardly the right setting for Ruby to confess anything of any consequence that would "break the case wide open"! Kinda perplexing, until I realised that most, if not all, of the remaining 80% of the reports which claim an exclusive interview between Kilgallen and Ruby share the same common source, an authoress by the name of Lee Israel, indeed the lady is mentioned in several posts in this very thread. More than that, a great deal of the information concerning Kilgallen and her death written here comes directly from Israel's book "Kilgallen". So how reliable a source is Lee Israel? Well, considering she's a self confessed forger, xxxx, thief, con artist and criminal....I'm thinking not very.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008/07/2...show_index.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/books/24forg.html

http://www.thetakeaway.org/stories/2008/au...literary-crime/

Edited June 14, 2009 by Denis Pointing

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 12:23:56 PM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 11:54:17 AM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2019, 04:28:12 PM »
You're hardly completely blameless yourself, are you Tom? It was me that first exposed Israel as a forger, thief and liar over 10 years ago at the ED forum. (See below) I expected one hell of a response, I was awaiting the usual bombardment of insults, denials and blind refusals to accept the truth about the ED forums favourite heroine. The response my post received was absolutely... ZERO! Not one single member replied it was as if the post was invisible. That was the ED members way of dealing with the Lee Israel expose', just ignore it and hope it went away, put on the blinkered glasses. You were one of those members, Tom. Why didn't you post a response at the time, Tom? So don't start acting holier than thou now, with your talk of "sock puppets". You were no better than the rest of the ED members at that time.

Denis Pointing
Advanced Member
Denis Pointing
Members
370 posts
Posted June 14, 2009
After trying to find more info on the "exclusive" and "private" Kilgallen/Ruby interview via the web I was intrigued to find that many, about 20%, of the reports state the interview was far from exclusive and certainly not private and was no more than a few words inside the packed courtroom during a recess, whilst other reporters looked on within hearing range. Hardly the right setting for Ruby to confess anything of any consequence that would "break the case wide open"! Kinda perplexing, until I realised that most, if not all, of the remaining 80% of the reports which claim an exclusive interview between Kilgallen and Ruby share the same common source, an authoress by the name of Lee Israel, indeed the lady is mentioned in several posts in this very thread. More than that, a great deal of the information concerning Kilgallen and her death written here comes directly from Israel's book "Kilgallen". So how reliable a source is Lee Israel? Well, considering she's a self confessed forger, xxxx, thief, con artist and criminal....I'm thinking not very.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008/07/2...show_index.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/books/24forg.html

http://www.thetakeaway.org/stories/2008/au...literary-crime/

Edited June 14, 2009 by Denis Pointing

Denis: Good work.

Is there any account of what exactly - or generally - Ruby supposedly told Kilgallen during this "meeting"? One of the best books I've read on Ruby was the Garry Wills one and his account pretty much is similar to the one you cited. That is, Kilgallen and Ruby had a brief exchange in court during a recess and that there were other reporters there who overheard the discussion. Any information on what Ruby told her?

Online Denis Pointing

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2019, 05:42:09 PM »
Denis: Good work.

Is there any account of what exactly - or generally - Ruby supposedly told Kilgallen during this "meeting"? One of the best books I've read on Ruby was the Garry Wills one and his account pretty much is similar to the one you cited. That is, Kilgallen and Ruby had a brief exchange in court during a recess and that there were other reporters there who overheard the discussion. Any information on what Ruby told her?

It was a long time back Steve, but going by memory I believe the source I read said it mainly consisted of Ruby telling Kilgallen what a big fan he was of hers. I'm sure Killgallen must have asked some relevant questions but I have no idea what or how Ruby replied, sorry.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 05:45:28 PM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2019, 05:42:09 PM »

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2019, 06:53:23 PM »
It was a long time back Steve, but going by memory I believe the source I read said it mainly consisted of Ruby telling Kilgallen what a big fan he was of hers. I'm sure Killgallen must have asked some relevant questions but I have no idea what or how Ruby replied, sorry.
Denis: Joe Tonahill, who was one of Ruby's lawyers, gave this brief account of the meeting which he claimed to have setup:

Online Denis Pointing

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2019, 08:36:08 PM »
Denis: Joe Tonahill, who was one of Ruby's lawyers, gave this brief account of the meeting which he claimed to have setup:

Yeah, that pretty much backs up what I remembered...nice to know dementia hasn't set in yet. lol Steve, do you know if Tonahill claimed the 'meeting' between Killgallen/Ruby was private or not? Thank you.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2019, 08:36:08 PM »

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2019, 11:52:17 PM »
Yeah, that pretty much backs up what I remembered...nice to know dementia hasn't set in yet. lol Steve, do you know if Tonahill claimed the 'meeting' between Killgallen/Ruby was private or not? Thank you.
From the Wills book, pg. 72: "Conspiratorialists of the wilder variety believe that Dorothy Kilgallen had a private interview [with Jack Ruby], one that caused her death. This tete-a-tete never took place: she leaned over the rail and talked to Jack in the open courtroom during a break in the proceedings. Lawyer Joe Tonahill, who hoped to collaborate with Miss Kilgallen on a book, arranged the brief exchange, and was present at it."

So apparently it was a close one-to-one private exchange. And this exchange was in March of 1964, some twenty months before she died. I would think - as others have mentioned - that if Ruby had given her some important information that she would have written about it? She was a gossip columnist after all; not exactly known for a real concern about sources <g>.

If you re-read Ruby's testimony (I had forgotten this part) he gets quiet angry at Tonahill (who was with him during his testimony) for suggesting that his shooting of Oswald was premeditated (Tonahill denied to Ruby that he was suggesting that). Ruby was insistent that it was a spur of the moment act and that he didn't plan it.

Ruby's testimony: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/ruby_j1.htm
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 11:54:32 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2019, 11:52:17 PM »

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2019, 12:09:53 AM »
If you ask me, if they wanted to keep Ruby quiet and not expose their conspiracy someone made a mistake with this one.

Online Denis Pointing

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2019, 10:54:06 AM »
From the Wills book, pg. 72: "Conspiratorialists of the wilder variety believe that Dorothy Kilgallen had a private interview [with Jack Ruby], one that caused her death. This tete-a-tete never took place: she leaned over the rail and talked to Jack in the open courtroom during a break in the proceedings. Lawyer Joe Tonahill, who hoped to collaborate with Miss Kilgallen on a book, arranged the brief exchange, and was present at it."

So apparently it was a close one-to-one private exchange. And this exchange was in March of 1964, some twenty months before she died. I would think - as others have mentioned - that if Ruby had given her some important information that she would have written about it? She was a gossip columnist after all; not exactly known for a real concern about sources <g>.

If you re-read Ruby's testimony (I had forgotten this part) he gets quiet angry at Tonahill (who was with him during his testimony) for suggesting that his shooting of Oswald was premeditated (Tonahill denied to Ruby that he was suggesting that). Ruby was insistent that it was a spur of the moment act and that he didn't plan it.

Ruby's testimony: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/ruby_j1.htm

Hi Steve, I'm not sure why you say "So apparently it was a close one-to-one private exchange" there's certainly no reason to infer that from the above. Tonahill may well have persuaded Ruby to allow Kilgallen to have a quick interview during a court recess, sounds like Ruby lapped up the chance, but he certainly wouldn't have had the authority to stop other reporters also leaning over the rail and listening in. Under the circumstances, just how private could it have been?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2019, 10:54:06 AM »

Mobile View