Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House  (Read 29361 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House
« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2020, 05:33:15 PM »
Advertisement
Probably not but the confusion of having Mr Lee and Mr Lee as borders could have probably confused the landlords and their help :-\
Oswald probably said nothing when they might have told him oh we have another Mr Lee here.
Yes Ruth was very very helpful. Oswald got a room and the very next day he got a job....thanks to Ruthie ;)

"the confusion of having Mr Lee and Mr Lee as borders could have probably confused"    anybody who came snooping around looking for Lee....

This would be a typical intel trick.....   And Lee Oswald knew many of the tricky deceptions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2020, 05:33:15 PM »

Online W. Tracy Parnell

• W. Tracy Parnell Debunking JFK Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2020, 07:06:26 PM »
According to his timeline-Oswald moved into his 1026 N Beckley room on Oct 14 and stayed until Nov 21.
http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm 
If Ruth Paine took Oswald to the rooming house on Beckley and he got the room...then obviously she knew where he lived.
In her testimony [one of the most verbose of all the testimony pages]...she was asked nothing about this.
At least I couldn't find it.

The timeline says Ruth drove him to Dallas-that is all. She dropped LHO off near the employment office, not at the rooming house.
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=39#relPageId=40&tab=page

He picked up his bag from Bledsoes at some point:
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=35#relPageId=417&tab=page

And rented the room at North Beckley
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=44#relPageId=301&tab=page

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=35#relPageId=446&tab=page

Do you have the ebook of Bugliosi? Very handy for this type of info and searchable.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2020, 09:49:20 PM »

The timeline says Ruth drove him to Dallas-that is all. She dropped LHO off near the employment office, not at the rooming house.

not at the rooming house.
So she says...or didn't say.

Mr. JENNER - Was there an occasion in this early period that you drove him all the way into Dallas?
Mrs. PAINE - I can't recall ever driving him all the way into Dallas.
Mr. JENNER - At any time?
Mrs. PAINE - We drove, except to the Oak Cliff Station for this driver training test.
Mr. JENNER - That is the only occasion?
Mrs. PAINE - Yes; that is the only one I recall. Can you refresh my memory. I can't think of any other.
Mr. JENNER - You are clear that you drove him from your home to the bus terminal in Irving?
Mrs. PAINE - Yes.
Mr. JENNER - And either you left immediately Or waited to see him board the bus, but it is your definite recollection you did not drive him to the Dallas downtown area on that occasion?
Mrs. PAINE - Oh, I did once drive him to the Dallas downtown area, because I recall where he got out. Now why I was going--yes, I think I may know why I was going.
Mr. JENNER - Fix the time first.
Mrs. PAINE - I do recall now driving him into downtown Dallas because I was already going and it was probably Monday, the 14th of October.
Mr. JENNER - This is the day before his employment began with the Texas School Book Depository?
Mrs. PAINE - It would have been 2 days before, the day before he applied. I have several recollections but which day they attach to is not quite as clear.
I recall taking him to the bus. I recall picking him up at the bus. I recall going in and dropping him off at a corner of Ross Avenue and something else, which was near the employment office.
Mrs Paine was there---- selective...evasive...and if not--downright lying.
Mrs Paine wants Mr Jenner to 'remember for her' ::)

Mr. JENNER - In downtown Dallas?
Mrs. PAINE - Near the employment office station. I was on my way to get a key fixed on my Russian typewriter which is what was taking me downtown. I hadn't been thinking--I at no time made a purposeful trip just to take him to downtown Dallas, but I was going and he went along and I am pretty sure that was a Monday and he got out at that corner and Marina was with me and we went on to get this typewriter fixed either to pick it up or to leave it. I am quite certain it was the 12th, Saturday, that I picked him up at the station.
Mr. JENNER - At the bus terminal?
Mrs. PAINE - Yes. And I am pretty certain that it was the 7th I took him to the bus station. I recall it being already noon, and I thought he might well have started looking for a job earlier that day.
Mr. JENNER - When next did you hear from Mr. Oswald?
Mrs. PAINE - After the 7th. Probably on the 12th when he called again to ask if he could come out for the weekend.
Did she not converse with Oswald about the school books job...The NEXT DAY? Did he not at least call from this seclusion on N Beckley?
The chronology of the testimony is all over the place. She next hears from Oswald after Oct 14 on Oct 7th? 
A better link for that entire chapter of Ruthie's yarn---- http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/paine_r2.htm   
The whole tale and nothing but a tale.
Mrs. PAINE - She wanted to be certain it was all right for him to come out, you know that it wasn't too much of an imposition on me. We got into discussing his efforts to find a job. Then Monday, the 14th as best as I recall, was the first time we talked about him, more than to say it was too bad he didn't find something. This is the--
Mr. JENNER - During the course of the week was there discussion between you and Marina respecting Lee Oswald's attempt at employment?
Mrs. PAINE - No.
Mr. JENNER - Now, there came an occasion, did there not, that weekend or the following weekend at which there was a discussion at least by you with some neighbors with respect to efforts to obtain employment for Lee Harvey Oswald?
Mrs. PAINE - As best I can reconstruct it this was, while having coffee at my immediate neighbors....

The 15th ...the day Oswald went to the TSBD to hire in was on a Tuesday. But the opening wasn't discussed until following weekend :-\ OK

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2020, 09:49:20 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2020, 06:39:49 PM »

He picked up his bag from Bledsoes at some point:
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=35#relPageId=417&tab=page

And rented the room at North Beckley
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=44#relPageId=301&tab=page

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=35#relPageId=446&tab=page

Do you have the ebook of Bugliosi? Very handy for this type of info and searchable.

The FBI displayed the shirt that Lee was wearing when he was dragged from the theater to Mary Mrs Bledsoe. They allegedly showed her that shirt to see if she recognized it as the shirt that Lee was wearing on the bus.    But in reality they showed her the shirt so she would be able to identify it when she testified before LBJ's cover up committee. 

We can verify that Mrs Bledsoe did not see Lee wearing that shirt on the Bus because she said that all of the buttons had been ripped off....That happened at the theater when the cops used the shirt to drag Lee from the theater.    And what's more....Mrs Bledsoe testified that they were the first bus through the intersection and she saw the barricade tapes had been stretch across the street and she said she saw a suspect being led away ....and they looked up at the building to where the  shooting had occurred.....  Obviously Mrs Bledsoe was NOT on Mc Watter's bus.....

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2020, 02:19:52 PM »
The FBI displayed the shirt that Lee was wearing when he was dragged from the theater to Mary Mrs Bledsoe. They allegedly showed her that shirt to see if she recognized it as the shirt that Lee was wearing on the bus.    But in reality they showed her the shirt so she would be able to identify it when she testified before LBJ's cover up committee. 

We can verify that Mrs Bledsoe did not see Lee wearing that shirt on the Bus because she said that all of the buttons had been ripped off....That happened at the theater when the cops used the shirt to drag Lee from the theater.    And what's more....Mrs Bledsoe testified that they were the first bus through the intersection and she saw the barricade tapes had been stretch across the street and she said she saw a suspect being led away ....and they looked up at the building to where the  shooting had occurred.
Mrs. BLEDSOE - I says, "Because I am not going to rent to you any more."
Mr. BALL - Not going to what?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Not going to rent to you any more. He said, "Give me back my money." Now, $2.
I said, "Well, I don't have it."
So, he left Saturday morning and, in the meantime, I think his wife was going to have a baby----
Mr. BALL - How did you know that?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Well, I found---I read it in the papers.
[started to say 'she found out later which she did...she read it in the papers]
Mr. BALL - Did you see him wait for the bus?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - No; I just saw him go out the door. Didn't pay any attention.
[For someone who didn't 'pay any attention and she said that several times Bledsoe certainly offered up a lot of key details...but then Ball had asked----]
Mr. BALL - But, before you go into that, I notice you have been reading from some notes before you.
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Well, because I forget what I have to say.
Mr. BALL - When did you make those notes?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - What day did I make them?
Miss DOUTHIT - When Mr. Sorrels and I were talking about her going to Washington, he made the suggestion that she put all the things down on paper because she might forget something, and I said, "Mary, you put everything on a piece of paper so that you can remember it and you won't forget anything, you know, what happened," and that's when she started making notes.
Mr. BALL - You have made the notes in the last week?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes.
 Miss DOUTHIT - At my suggestion and Mr. Sorrels.
Why would they have Bledsoe go to Washington for her deposition? Anyway, she made it in Dallas.
[The bus]
Mr. BALL - When Oswald got on, you then weren't facing him, were you?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - No; but I saw that it was him.
Mr. BALL - How close did he pass to you as he boarded the bus?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Just in front of me. Just like this [indicating].
Mr. BALL - Just a matter of a foot or two?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Uh-huh.
Mr. BALL - When he got on the bus, did he say anything to the motorman?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Oh, the motorman? I think--I don't know. I don't know.
Mr. BALL - Where did he sit?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - He sat about halfway back down.
Mr. BALL - On what side?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - On the same side I was on.
Mr. BALL - Same side
Mrs. BLEDSOE - No, sir.
Mr. BALL - Did he look at you as he went by? Did he look at you?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - I don't know. I didn't look at him. That is---I was just---he looked so bad in his face, and his face was so distorted.
Mr. BALL - Did he have a hat on?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - No.
Mr. BALL - Now, what color shirt did he have on?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - He had a brown shirt.
Mr. BALL - And unraveled?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Hole in his sleeve right here [indicating].
Mr. BALL - Which is the elbow of the sleeve? That is, you pointed to the elbow?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Well, it is.
Mr. BALL - And that would be which elbow, right or left elbow?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Right.
Mr. BALL - Did he have anything on. Was the shirt open or was it buttoned?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes; all the buttons torn off.
Mr. BALL - What did he have on underneath that?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - I don't know.
Mr. BALL - Do you know the color of any undershirt he had on?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - No.
Mr. BALL - Notice the color of his pants?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes, they were gray, and they were all ragged in here [indicating].
Mr. BALL - Around where?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - At the seam.
Mr. BALL - At the waist?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - At the waist, uh-huh.
Mr. BALL - Was the shirt tucked beneath the belt in his pants, or outside the belt?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - No; he had it in.
Mr. BALL - Had it tucked in?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - No: it was tucked in.
Mr. BALL - So, that the belt of the pants was outside the shirt?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes; uh-huh.
Why did Bledsoe take it upon herself to call police?
Mr. BALL - When did you first notify the police that you believe you'd seen Oswald?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - When I got home, first thing I did I went next door and told them the President had been shot, and he said, "Why, he has got killed." Well, I turned on the radio--television--and we heard ambulances and going around and there was a little boy came in that room in the back and he turned it on, and we listened and hear about the President, only one I was interested in, so, he went on back to work and they kept talking about this boy Oswald and had on a brown shirt, and all of a sudden, well, I declare, I believe that this was this boy, and his name was Oswald---that is---give me his right name, you know, and so, about an hour my son came home, and I told him and he immediately called the police and told them, because we wanted to do all we could, and so, I went down the next night. He took me down, and I made a statement to them, what kind of---Secret Service man or something down there.
Mr. BALL - Where?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - At the police station.
Mr. BALL - Uh-huh. Now, did you ever see Oswald in a lineup?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - No.
Mr. BALL - Never did see Oswald after he was arrested?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Not after he got off the bus; no.
Mr. BALL - But, you looked at the pictures of Oswald?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes.
Mr. BALL - Showed you the pictures of Oswald?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - The man down at the police station, he had a picture of him with a gun, and said, "Do you recognize him?"
And I said, "Yes; it is Oswald." That is the one that I remember him.
Mr. BALL - Do you know the name of the man who showed you the picture of the man with the gun?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - I am so bad about names.
Mr. BALL - Was there one man or more than one man?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Oh, about a dozen.
Mr. BALL - Oh, a dozen men?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - There sure was a lot of them. Two Secret Service men, and two to do this, and oh, I had interviewed about 9 or 10 or 12, plenty of them.
Mr. BALL - Now, I have got a piece of clothing here, which is marked---
Mrs. BLEDSOE - That is it.
Mr. BALL - Commission Exhibit 150.
Mr. BALL - This is a shirt.
Mr. BALL - What do you mean by "that is it?"
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Because they brought it out to the house and showed it.
Mr. BALL - I know. What do you mean by "that is it?"
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Well, because I can recognize it.
Mr. BALL - Recognize it as what?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes, sir; see there?
Mr. BALL - Yes. You tell me what do you see here? What permits you to recognize it?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - I recognize---first thing I notice the elbow is out and then I saw---when the man brought it out and let me see it?
Yup...Bledsoe viewed the line-up alright---one torn shirt. SA Sorrells and her attny provided Bledsoe's deposition.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2020, 02:19:52 PM »

Offline Margaret Kelly

« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2020, 02:52:07 PM »
The 15th ...the day Oswald went to the TSBD to hire in was on a Tuesday. But the opening wasn't discussed until following weekend :-\ OK

The question is what was he doing on an unknown Saturday morning in October:

Mrs. OSWALD. I remember that there was one weekend when he didn't come on a Friday, but said that he would come on a Saturday. And he said that that was because he wanted to visit another place supposedly there was another job open, more interesting work.
Mr. RANKIN. Did he say where this other job was that he thought was more interesting?
Mrs. OSWALD. He said that this was also based upon an ad in a newspaper, and that it was connected--that it was related to photography. And he went there in the morning and then--on a Saturday--and then came to us, still during the morning.
Mr. RANKIN. He came home, then, on Saturday, some time before noon of that day?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes, before noon.

If there was a conspiracy, this is the only unaccounted for time period before the assassination.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2020, 02:57:13 PM »
Why would they have Bledsoe go to Washington for her deposition? Anyway, she made it in Dallas.
[The bus]Why did Bledsoe take it upon herself to call police?Yup...Bledsoe viewed the line-up alright---one torn shirt. SA Sorrells and her attny provided Bledsoe's deposition.

Mr. BALL - Did he have anything on. Was the shirt open or was it buttoned?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes; all the buttons torn off.

The buttons were torn from Lee's shirt when the police dragged him from the Texas Theater.   So obviously Mrs Bledsoe saw the shirt AFTER Lee was dragged from the theater.   She did not see Lee wearing that shirt on Mc Watter's bus.   In her testimony Mrs Bledsoe said that she saw the barricade tapes at the corner of Houston & Elm when the bus she was on passed through that intersection.   That barricade tape was erected at about 1:00 pm.....    Cecil Mc Watters bus was already in Oakcliff at 1:00 pm.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2020, 02:57:13 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2020, 12:19:43 AM »
Document? What document? The classified Top Secret scrap that was obviously produced post Action?
Johnson (Gladys J.) Exhibit A
Why not?
She wanted to sell it
Again- Whatever happened to that register?
I don't know. Maybe she sold it to a collector.
Exhibit A was just a copy. The scrap I mentioned. Notice that the original had apparently been altered.
[Something] OUT
Checked out...moved out maybe.
Selling a supposed register book [evidence] would have been a crime [at least in the real world]
Also...a would have been buyer could have reproduced it--making a fortune at auction.
That obviously didn't happen.
Room 0. Is that 0 as in ziltch...zero...nada. Or is it O as in Oscar?
The room number was not discussed by the half-hearted 'investigators'.