Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House  (Read 29177 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 09:53:34 PM »
Advertisement
  Oswald signed the document
Document? What document? The classified Top Secret scrap that was obviously produced post Action?
Mr. BALL. May I see it?
Mrs. JOHNSON. I will be glad to--I don't want you to keep it. I want you to--I brought it for your information.   
Why not?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir; the day he rented the room, they sign the register--they sign the register before I accept any money.
Again- Whatever happened to that register?
Mrs. JOHNSON.  Those particulars was found in his pocket after he killed Tippit, after his arrest. ... the officers were there and they told me that they was looking for this character and I told them I didn't think I had anyone by that name there but we went through the register carefully two or three times and there was no Oswald there and I had two new tenants, rather new tenants
Where was that stinking register? Who were the 'new tenants'?
I really meant/should have mentioned that Johnson did not correct the counsel right from the opening testimony like Roberts did.
Mr. BALL. Well, now, you knew Lee Oswald, didn't you?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Well, I just knew him when I seen him. I knew him as a renter, that's all.
Let us bear in mind that this was all months after the action.
Even if Oswald did in fact introduce himself as O H Lee...no one ever mentioned that they called him Mr Lee. [Maybe they called him O H or O]? The conjecture regarding why Oswald would conceal his identity at that time is weak at best.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 09:53:34 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 10:29:16 PM »
Document? What document? The classified Top Secret scrap that was obviously produced post Action? Why not?  Again- Whatever happened to that register? Where was that stinking register? Who were the 'new tenants'?
I really meant/should have mentioned that Johnson did not correct the counsel right from the opening testimony like Roberts did.Let us bear in mind that this was all months after the action.
Even if Oswald did in fact introduce himself as O H Lee...no one ever mentioned that they called him Mr Lee. [Maybe they called him O H or O]? The conjecture regarding why Oswald would conceal his identity at that time is weak at best.

Document? What document? The classified Top Secret scrap that was obviously produced post Action?

Johnson (Gladys J.) Exhibit A

Why not?

She wanted to sell it

Again- Whatever happened to that register?

I don't know. Maybe she sold it to a collector.

Where was that stinking register? Who were the 'new tenants'?
I really meant/should have mentioned that Johnson did not correct the counsel right from the opening testimony like Roberts did

What do you mean by Johnson not correcting counsel?

Let us bear in mind that this was all months after the action.

The only conjecture I see is your response.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 12:23:01 AM »
Document?  Johnson (Gladys J.) Exhibit A...  Maybe she sold it [the register] to a collector.
Exhibit A was contrived..any idiot can see that. Concealing and disposing of evidence in a federal investigation is a crime even though there was no trial involved. I suspect the actual register was destroyed.  I doubt most here had even known about Exhibit A until I posted it. The Oz did it alone people merely bought the still unproven axiom.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 12:23:01 AM »

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 05:00:33 PM »
I think LHO was at Beckley for 5 weeks prior to the assassination.  Seems like enough time for at least one person out of over a dozen to have something to say about him. 

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 02:33:20 AM »
I think LHO was at Beckley for 5 weeks prior to the assassination.  Seems like enough time for at least one person out of over a dozen to have something to say about him.
Yet, according to Mrs Paine's testimony, she called the Beckley rooming house and had asked for Lee Oswald. She said the man that answered told her that there was no Lee Oswald living there.
Mr. JENNER - Did you hear from him then either on the 14th or 15th in respect to his effort to obtaining employment at the Texas School Depository?
Mrs. PAINE - He called immediately on Tuesday, the 15th, after he had been accepted and said he would start work the next day.
Mr. JENNER - When you say immediately, what time of day was that?
Mrs. PAINE - Midmorning I would say...
.....Mr. JENNER - Had you had any information that he was not residing at the YMCA?
Mrs. PAINE - Yes.
Mr. JENNER - How did you come by that information?
Mrs. PAINE - He gave me a telephone number, possibly this same weekend.
...Mr. JENNER - This would be the weekend of what?
Mrs. PAINE - So this must have been the weekend of the 12th of October, the same weekend.
As Walt mentioned previously...something doesn't add up.
Reviewing the WC timeline...
October 7, 1963: Ruth drives LHO to the bus station, and he returns to Dallas to look for
work. Later, LHO obtains a room at 621 Marsalis St.
 October 12, 1963: LHO advised his landlady that he was leaving for the weekend, and
she stated that she didn't want him to return. LHO went to Ruth's for the weekend.
 October 14, 1963: Ruth drives LHO to Dallas, where he later registers as O.H. Lee at a
new rooming house on North Beckley....[She drove him to Dallas and then what? Drops him off in the middle of town? She must have known where he stayed and lied about it]
October 15, 1963: LHO applies at the TSBD and is hired.
 October 16, 1963: LHO begins work at the TSBD.
At this point I wondered ...What actually occurred? What Ruth said or what the final Report says she said?
Mr. JENNER - That is of importance, Mrs. Paine. Would you give us the circumstances, please?
Mrs. PAINE - He said that he was at a--
Mr. JENNER - Excuse me, where was he when he said this?
Mrs. PAINE - He was at the home so far as I remember. It might have been during one of his telephone calls to the house, but I don't think so. He rarely talked with me when he was out.
But the timeline says that he stayed in Irving that weekend, having finished his stay at the Marsalis place.
Mr. JENNER - This would be the weekend of what?
Mrs. PAINE - So this must have been the weekend of the 12th of October, the same weekend.
Mr. JENNER - That was the weekend following his return to Dallas on the 7th of October?
Mrs. PAINE - Fourth of October.
Mr. JENNER - He departed on the 7th.
Mrs. PAINE - His return to Dallas, I am sorry.
Mr. JENNER - Yes; now, give it as chronologically as you can; how you came by that telephone number, the circumstances under which it was given to you.
Mrs. PAINE - He said this is the telephone number.
Mr. JENNER - Was Marina present?
Mrs. PAINE - Yes. He said of the room where he was staying, renting a room, and I could reach him here if she went into labor......
......Mr. JENNER - Did he give you more than one telephone number?
Mrs. PAINE - Yes.
Mr. JENNER - At this occasion did he give you more than one telephone number?
Mrs. PAINE - No.
Mr. JENNER - Just stick to this particular occasion. What telephone number--did you record it?  ... He did not give you an address?
Mrs. PAINE - No.
........Mr. JENNER - Now, relate for the Commission the circumstances under which you received a second number?
Mrs. PAINE - He gave me a second number, I suppose by phone, but I don't recall.
Mr. JENNER - When?
Mrs. PAINE - It was certainly before the birth of the baby..... 
....Mr. JENNER - Which recollection serves you best, that he called or that he gave it to you in your home?
Mrs. PAINE - I don't recall. [an excremental memory had Mrs Paine]
Mr. JENNER - What did he say?
Mrs. PAINE - He said he moved to different rooms....   
From the Shaw trial....
Q: And do you know whether or not she was successful in locating him at that number?
A: She asked me to dial the number, and I did and asked for Lee Oswald, and someone answered saying he didn't know anyone of that name, and I asked was this number such and such, he said yes, it was, and was it a rooming house, he said yes, it was, so at that point I didn't know what to do and just thanked him and hung up.
Why would Oswald give out a phone number for a room where he would no longer be staying?
 Why would he give out a phone number as if he may want to be called and then anyone answering the phone would not know who he really was and he wouldn't get the call? It didn't make any sense and it still doesn't. If Paine called as she said she did...who was the guy that answered?
Why were none of the other Berkley Ave boarders ever questioned?
Reference links....   http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/paineshaw.htm    http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/paine_r3.htm  http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/paine_r2.htm    http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/paine_r1.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 02:33:20 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2018, 03:39:55 AM »
Exhibit A was contrived..any idiot can see that. Concealing and disposing of evidence in a federal investigation is a crime even though there was no trial involved. I suspect the actual register was destroyed.  I doubt most here had even known about Exhibit A until I posted it. The Oz did it alone people merely bought the still unproven axiom.

Exhibit A was contrived..any idiot can see that

LOL

You've just admitted to being an idiot
 :D

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2018, 02:50:00 PM »
Exhibit A was contrived..any idiot can see that
You've just admitted to being an idiot
& so did you.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2018, 02:50:00 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2018, 03:12:17 PM »
Yet, according to Mrs Paine's testimony, she called the Beckley rooming house and had asked for Lee Oswald. She said the man that answered told her that there was no Lee Oswald living there. As Walt mentioned previously...something doesn't add up.
Reviewing the WC timeline...At this point I wondered ...What actually occurred? What Ruth said or what the final Report says she said?From the Shaw trial....Why would Oswald give out a phone number for a room where he would no longer be staying?
 Why would he give out a phone number as if he may want to be called and then anyone answering the phone would not know who he really was and he wouldn't get the call? It didn't make any sense and it still doesn't. If Paine called as she said she did...who was the guy that answered?
Why were none of the other Berkley Ave boarders ever questioned?
Reference links....   http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/paineshaw.htm    http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/paine_r3.htm  http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/paine_r2.htm    http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/paine_r1.htm

October 14, 1963: Ruth drives LHO to Dallas, where he later registers as O.H. Lee at a
new rooming house on North Beckley....[She drove him to Dallas and then what? Drops him off in the middle of town? She must have known where he stayed and lied about it]

If the truth were known....Ruthie probably volunteered to drive him to Dallas hoping that she could learn where he was staying, so she could relay that information to her FBI agent....