Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House  (Read 29362 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: O H Lee and the Beckley Rooming House
« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2020, 04:46:15 AM »
Advertisement
Mr. BELIN. Did they say how they happened to come there?
Mr. JOHNSON. "Well, uh- after he was -uh- apprehended out there, they searched him and found my address in his pocket.
Mr. BELIN. Your address of 1026 North Beckley?
Mr. JOHNSON. That's right.
How did the cops know about 1026 N Beckley? Anyone?
I believe that Johnson was on the level. A cop told him that. What cop?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2020, 04:46:15 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2020, 04:49:23 PM »
A Mr H L Lee was living at that house....

CD 206, p. 140------
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10673#relPageId=145&tab=page
CD 86, pp. 559-565------
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10489#relPageId=587&tab=page
I guess no one else considers this a very strange coincidence? 
 3610 N Beckley was/is still not a legitimate residential address-------- 

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2020, 05:00:09 PM »
I guess no one else considers this a very strange coincidence? 
 3610 N Beckley was/is still not a legitimate residential address-------- 

On November 1st, Lee was not living at the rooming house at 1026 N. Beckley...... So he must have used the address of a friend....

I believe that Lee went to that Civil Liberty meeting with Mike Paine..... Where was Mike Paine living on November 1st???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2020, 05:00:09 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2020, 06:41:03 PM »
On November 1st, Lee was not living at the rooming house at 1026 N. Beckley...... So he must have used the address of a friend....
According to his timeline-Oswald moved into his 1026 N Beckley room on Oct 14 and stayed until Nov 21.
http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm 
October 14, 1963: Ruth drives LHO to Dallas, where he later registers as O.H. Lee at a new rooming house on North Beckley.,
where he later registers as O.H. Lee at a new rooming house on North Beckley.
 Later, Ruth mentions to a group of neighbors that...
 LHO is having trouble finding work. One of the ladies, Linnie Mae Randle, mentioned a
possible opening at the Texas School Book Depository; and when LHO calls the Paine home that evening,
 Ruth informs him of the opening.

October 15, 1963: LHO applies at the TSBD and is hired.

If Ruth Paine took Oswald to the rooming house on Beckley and he got the room...then obviously she knew where he lived.
In her testimony [one of the most verbose of all the testimony pages]...she was asked nothing about this.
At least I couldn't find it.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2020, 06:48:14 PM »
According to his timeline-Oswald moved into his 1026 N Beckley room on Oct 14 and stayed until Nov 21.
http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm 
If Ruth Paine took Oswald to the rooming house on Beckley and he got the room...then obviously she knew where he lived.
In her testimony [one of the most verbose of all the testimony pages]...she was asked nothing about this.
At least I couldn't find it.

Yes...Good Samaritan Ruthie ..... probbaly took Lee to he rooming house primarily to learn where Lee was living, so she could report that information to the FBI....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2020, 06:48:14 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2020, 07:03:29 PM »
What I am referring to as another weird coincidence is this H L Lee roomer stayed at the same time Oswald was there.
 H L LEE/O H Lee?---And who stayed in what room?
Add to that coincidence the H L [Herbert] Lee statement that he moved out on NOV 1-- the same exact day that LHO opened that P O Box 6225.
I believe the 3610 N Beckley address was entered intentionally by LHO to detract from the 1026 rooming house....no idea why.

MEMORANDUM May 15, 1968 TO: JIM GARRISON, District Attorney FROM: WILLIAM R. BOXLEY, Investigator According to DR1 a recent document from the National Archives lists the following occupants as living at 1326 N. Beckley at the time of the assassination: BUDDY JOE PALMER C. C. LEHMANN ROY SAMUEL CLEGHORN FLOYD DEGRAFFENREID or DeGRAFFENRED HUGH SLOUGH JACK CODY GEORGE GIBBONEY DONALD GREEN • JOHN CARTER JAMES WATSON HERBERT LEE (It is noteworthy that 0. H. LEE does not appear on documents i nor have Dallas researchers been able to locate any of the above names at that address in 1963 or 1964 Directories. Apparently no effort was made by the FBI or other law enforcement personnel to interview any of OSWALD's co-roomers). Present research does show a BOBBY PALMER, City policeman in . 1963 at 4531 Columbia Street (already a key apartment area) and I  a JAMES WATSON, a. City detective. •-•
  1326 N Beckley must have been in error.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2020, 07:26:03 PM »
What I am referring to as another weird coincidence is this H L Lee roomer stayed at the same time Oswald was there.
 H L LEE/O H Lee?---And who stayed in what room?
Add to that coincidence the H L [Herbert] Lee statement that he moved out on NOV 1-- the same exact day that LHO opened that P O Box 6225.
I believe the 3610 N Beckley address was entered intentionally by LHO to detract from the 1026 rooming house....no idea why.
   1326 N Beckley must have been in error.

Based on the FBI memo of the interview of H L Lee ...I believe that there's no connection between Lee Oswald and Herbert Lee..... Unless Lee Oswald knew that there was a man who used the name HL Lee living at the rooming house.    If Lee Oswald knew that, then he might have sought a room at the rooming house and registered as OH Lee simply to create confusion for anybody who might visit the rooming house while trying to trace him.     There's no doubt in my mind that Lee was a intel agent and he thought of himself as a budding Herb Philbrick.      I'm also convinced that Lee Oswald was very clever and a quick witted fellow.   We know from his tests when he joined the MC that he was well above the average intelligence.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2020, 07:26:03 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2020, 04:10:47 PM »
.....I believe that there's no connection between Lee Oswald and Herbert Lee.
Probably not but the confusion of having Mr Lee and Mr Lee as borders could have probably confused the landlords and their help :-\
Oswald probably said nothing when they might have told him oh we have another Mr Lee here.
Yes Ruth was very very helpful. Oswald got a room and the very next day he got a job....thanks to Ruthie ;)