Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: There is only one remaining question  (Read 8657 times)

Offline Eddie Haymaker

Re: There is only one remaining question
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2018, 11:52:35 PM »
Advertisement
I think Mr May is right when he says

you could never convince everyone to agree on this case

But IMO the truth is there and it is obvious

A recent survey commissioned by the FiveThirtyEight news site, found that all these years on from that morning on November 22 1963, only 33 per cent of people believe the finding of the official Warren Commission, which concluded in 1964, that Oswald alone was responsible for Kennedy's death. A total of 61 per cent believe at least one other person was involved.

Lone nut advocates are the minority

and getting smaller everyday

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 11:54:11 PM by Eddie Haymaker »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2018, 11:52:35 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2018, 12:12:55 AM »
Perhaps, but there are no remaining answers.

The 1977 letter  of Billy Joe Lord and the brazen writing and TV debate from Nicholas B Lemann indicate there
was some sort of a tug of war ongoing, and this evidence is of cover up at the highest reaches....cover up of....what?

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1439.0.html

....All that Lord described that is directlymaterial to the charge of Bush and those closest to him literally muscling Lord
in 1976, is on the table. However, I am now convinced after this week the haves are so far ahead, it cannot even be
a contest, anymore.

First, the core accusation, hyper curiousity displayed by team Bush towards Lord knowledge, as the HSCA geared up
and it had become clear republicans would lose control of the presidency and of the CIA. This answers the question
of why risk rattling Billy Lord's cage if you were among the innermost Bush circle?

https://charlierose.com/videos/28642
Monday 12/30/1991 Journalist Nicholas Lemann, movie critic David Denby, and co-screenwriter Zachary Sklar debate Oliver Stone's movie "JFK"
as well as the facts surrounding the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
....Charlie Rose: But first, Oliver Stone's new film "JFK" has opened to tremendous controversy. Much of the mainstream press thinks he has taken film making too far, tampering with perhaps the most seminal event in our recent history. Others believe he has reopened doors that were closed prematurely almost thirty years ago. Here to discuss the scope and the impact of the movie are its co-screenwriter, Zachary Sklar, who edited Jim Garrison's 1988 book, On the Trail of the Assassins. Also here, David Denby, the film critic for New York Magazine and journalist Nicholas Lemann, who wrote the recent cover story on JFK in GQ Magazine.....
Nicholas Lemann's father Thomas, uncle Stephen, and step-aunt Baldwin are all mentioned in this 1990
obit of his step-grandmother, widow of his grandfather, Monte Lemann:

http://files.usgwarchives.net/la/orl...its/1/l-11.txt
003004 Lemann ? Mildred Crumb Lyons Lemann, A Homemaker, Died Friday At Her Home In New Orleans. She
Was 94. Mrs. Lemann Was A Lifelong Resident Of New Orleans. ? In 1929, She Worked At Metairie Park
Country Day School, Where She Coordinated The School?s Non-Academic Activities. Survivors Include A Daughter,
Mildred Lyons Baldwin;

A Sister, Ethel Crumb Brett; Two Stepsons, Thomas B. Lemann, And Stephen B. Lemann; ?. Times Picayune 01-14-1990

GILPATRIC'S ROLE IN TFX QUESTIONED; McClellan Raises an...
- New York Times - Nov 19, 1963

...The session brought out that ,Mr. Gilpatric was influential in j Continued on Page 17, Column 3 GILPATRIC S ROLE ON TFX QUERIED Continued From Page 1, Col. 2 bringing the General Dynamics account to his law firm, that Maurice Moore, senior partner of the firm, was named to the General Dynamics board of directors one month after the TFX contract was awarded to the company. -Gilpatric's former law firm was named counsel for General Dynamics at the same time. -Gilpatric acknowledged that he spent about onefourth of his time as a lawyer during 2i4 years in the late 1950's handling General Dynamics matters, and GD paid his firm $111000 in legal fees during this same period....."

....and who can forget that Frank Pace joined the board of Time, Inc. just after Henry Luce's sister's husband,former publisher of Time Maurice "Tex" Moore and his law partner Roz Gilpatric negotiated the merger of Pace's General Dynamics
with "Henry Crown, Inc.?"
April 22, 1960 WSJ:

MAURICE T. MOORE DIES AT 90; EX-CRAVATH, SWAINE PARTNER

By JOAN COOK (The New York Times); Obituary

June 24, 1986, Tuesday

Late City Final Edition, Section A, Page 25, Column 1,325 words

Maurice T. Moore, a former presiding partner in the New York law firm of Cravath, Swaine & Moore, died Sunday at his apartment in Manhattan. He was 90 years old and also lived in Weston, Conn. Mr. Moore was associated with the firm from 1920 to 1967 and became presiding partner in 1963.

end

Boston Globe, The (MA) - June 25, 1986

Deceased Name: MAURICE MOORE , 90 WAS CHAIRMAN OF TIME INC.

NEW YORK -- Maurice T. Moore, former chairman of Time Inc., has died at the age of 90.

Mr. Moore died Sunday in his Manhattan apartment. He also had a home in Weston, Conn.

Mr. Moore worked with the law firm of Cravath, Swaine & Moore from 1920 to 1967 and became presiding partner in 1963.

In 1927, the firm became counsel for Time Inc. Mr. Moore, whose brother- in-law, Henry Luce, founded the magazine in 1923, was elected to Time's board of directors in 1939 and remained on it until 1970. He was chairman from 1942 to 1960.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 12:40:24 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2018, 12:29:50 AM »
I think Mr May is right when he says

you could never convince everyone to agree on this case

But IMO the truth is there and it is obvious

A recent survey commissioned by the FiveThirtyEight news site, found that all these years on from that morning on November 22 1963, only 33 per cent of people believe the finding of the official Warren Commission, which concluded in 1964, that Oswald alone was responsible for Kennedy's death. A total of 61 per cent believe at least one other person was involved.

Lone nut advocates are the minority

and getting smaller everyday

Quite candidly the truth doesn?t require people to believe it.  You didn?t give the year of this latest survey you mentioned but I will point one thing out to you.  The median age in America today is 37
years old. So, how many of these people are knowledgeable about an event 18 years before they were born?  So much for surveys.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2018, 12:29:50 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2018, 12:57:12 AM »
Quite candidly the truth doesn?t require people to believe it.  You didn?t give the year of this latest survey you mentioned but I will point one thing out to you.  The median age in America today is 37
years old. So, how many of these people are knowledgeable about an event 18 years before they were born?  So much for surveys.

So, what's your point? That the Kennedy murder is already part of history and that Oswald is in the history books as the lone nut killer?
Does that somehow make you feel good?

If that's the case, you might want to read up on the Reichtag fire and Marinus van der Lubbe in 1933 or, the execution of the Duke de Enghien by order of Napoleon I in 1804. History is littered with "official" versions that have very little to do with the truth.

Your entire point in this thread seems to be that there wasn't a conspiracy simply because it can't be proven there was one. I agree that a conspiracy can't be proven with the evidence available today but I disagree that this justifies the conclusion that there wasn't a conspiracy.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 01:10:11 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2018, 01:02:35 AM »
After 55 years, was somebody else pulling Oswald?s strings?  It?s unlikely as time passes whether this sole question will ever be answered. I, for one doubt it. History has recorded LHO as the one shooter. I agree with this to a 99% certainty.  That 1% remains elusive.

If he acted alone, what was his motive?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2018, 01:02:35 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2018, 01:19:54 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2018, 02:04:46 AM »
Killers with No Discernible Motive
https://m.ranker.com/list/killers-without-motives/katherine-ripley

Is that your way of saying that you don't know the answer to the question?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2018, 02:04:46 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2018, 02:54:48 AM »
Oswald qualified as a Marine sharpshooter.  It is my belief, and mine only perhaps the scope played no role in the assassination. Oswald likely new the sites provided him with more accuracy and the final head shot at 88 yards on a downward trajectory was not terribly difficult for a sharpshooter.  Yet, this is but one piece of the puzzle. I for one don?t look at only one piece. I?ve examined the totality of ALL the evidence assembled. Unfortunately, many CT?s, I?m not saying you, examine ?evidence? to confirm their own biased theory at the expense of understanding Oswald and who and what he represented.
Not your belief alone. I agree, the iron sights were probably used by Oswald.
The company that sold the rifles testified that the scope was not zero sighted. It was just slapped on the rifle. For an extra cost of only about $ 5.00, they would be losing money with every sale if they zero sighted the scopes.
And why would a company executive testify that their product was worse than it really was? It would serve no purpose if they were just trying to implicate Oswald. If that was the case, they would say the scopes were sighted.
Oswald was trained in the Marines to use iron sights. He never was trained to use a scope. As far as we know he never had used a rifle with a scope before he got that rifle.
Oswald was trained to hit targets at 200 yards, 300 yards and 500 yards. And he was pretty good at it. He qualified as a sharpshooter, something most Marines were not about to do. He should be able to hit a person at 88 yards, the longest shot taken on November 22?
Why order a rifle with a scope? Why keep the scope once he discovered (from practice shots or missing General Walker) it was not zero sighted and not useful for aiming?
A possible reason is because he thought it looked cool. It looked like the weapon of a dangerous assassin. He might like to keep the scope on for the same reason he wanted to be photographed with the rifle wearing black. And take time to put on the same black sweater before appearing before the world press, and Jack Ruby. It is not always wise to be overly focused on image.
And he was a dangerous assassin. With an M-1 at 200, 300 and 500 yards at a stationary target. Or I would guess a Carcano at 200 yards at a stationary target. And even a moving target, with a Carcano, provided it was under 100 yards away and moving mostly directly away from him at 8 mph.
Curiously, the WC commission, most investigations and to this day, most LNers believe (I think) that the scope was probably used. This is the most significant error on the LN side.