Author Topic: A good argument for closing this and other JFK Assassination debate forums?  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Tom Scully

• #DOSOMETHING
    • The Art of the Deal:"I could never make up my mind. I made it up as I went along."
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Belief in a JFK conspiracy seems to coincide with a compulsion driven hoarding mentality of meaningless details and information.  For example, there are numerous examples of CTers cutting and pasting reams of random information like some old lady who dies with a house full of newspapers due is an apparent inability to distinguish every possible detail from knowledge.  The inability to filter out details leads to a "where there is smoke there must fire" view of the world.  How can there be any easy explantion of events (e.g. Oswald did it) when in the view of the CTer the world is full of complex information and details that can never be completely processed due to its vast scope.  It forever leaves open the possibility that more is going on than we can ever know.  And that void is filled with sinister explanations such as a vast conspiracy at work.

Is the truth delivered similarly to a baby, all in one, wet, warm bundle? Even a baby delivery
involves afterbirth and isn't it a medical necessity to identify and evacuate all of it?

Because I can find out more than most others, I have to ask Richard, are you saying I should not, or
that I should not share it?

Should I have left this, for example, unchallenged?

...Janney’s theory is that an Army lieutenant and suspected CIA hit man named William Mitchell shot Meyer. The author says this hypothesis is strengthened by the fact that neither the U.S. military nor Georgetown University, where Mitchell said he was a professor, have any record of him. Damore claimed to have spoken on the phone with Mitchell in 1993, and told his lawyer that Mitchell confessed to him that Meyer’s murder was “standard CIA procedure.”...

Or should I only avoid intruding on conclusions you hold dear? Does it escape you that I present
a process of sharing research results in real time in the hope of enlisting collaborators, others who
might know more about the line of inquiry or who are at least willing to help look into it?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:49:11 PM
by Tom Scully
»

Offline Steve Logan

• "A pure hand needs no glove to cover it."
Re: A good argument for closing this and other JFK Assassination debate forums?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:51:59 PM »
Is the truth delivered similarly to a baby, all in one, wet, warm bundle? Even a baby delivery
involves afterbirth and isn't it a medical necessity to identify and evacuate all of it?

Why don't we have a vote, without Russian collusion , to see which is the best forum. Then we can build a wall and not let anybody in that doesn't pass muster. Oh wait, that's the Deep Fungus Forum. That place sucks. How about a forum where only crackpots constantly shilling their latest tripe are allowed to be members. Too bad , that's the Education Sycophant Forum. Maybe you're right Tom Dog. Shut'em all down. Shut them all down NOW!!!!

Offline Tom Scully

• #DOSOMETHING
    • The Art of the Deal:"I could never make up my mind. I made it up as I went along."
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 09:36:35 PM »
Why don't we have a vote, without Russian collusion , to see which is the best forum. Then we can build a wall and not let anybody in that doesn't pass muster. Oh wait, that's the Deep Fungus Forum. That place sucks. How about a forum where only crackpots constantly shilling their latest tripe are allowed to be members. Too bad , that's the Education Sycophant Forum. Maybe you're right Tom Dog. Shut'em all down. Shut them all down NOW!!!!

Steve, the forum displaying this has imposed on itself this level of (in)activity.:

They insist they know what is best for their own forum and who are we to judge?

Offline Mary Jo Wong

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 03:01:03 PM »
This forum sucks dog balls, but what else is new in a similarly populated forum.

Offline Steve Logan

• "A pure hand needs no glove to cover it."
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 03:35:41 PM »
this forum sucks dog balls, but what else is new in a similarly populated forum.

Thanks for your contribution.

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 06:28:43 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 07:27:13 PM »
This forum sucks dog balls, but what else is new in a similarly populated forum.

Uhhh...ok. I'll have to take your word on that.  :sign0137: