Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: USPS workers screwing things up i.e..LHO receiving c2766  (Read 45056 times)

Offline Rob Caprio

Re: USPS workers screwing things up i.e..LHO receiving c2766
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2018, 05:06:55 AM »
Advertisement
Oswald ordered a rifle and it was sent to his PO Box.  All he had to do was take the slip placed in his box to a clerk who handed him his package.  CTers have argued it couldn't be delivered because the Hidell name was not listed on his PO authorization form.  But that form was lost and Oswald did list Hidell on his NO PO box form.  If CTers were correct, however, then the logical next sequence in this pedantic interpretation of post office procedure would have been for the rifle to be returned to Klein's.  It was not.  CTers could care less about the implications of their theories due to an inability or unwillingness to apply logic to any event that results in an outcome they don't like.  If by asserting that A did not happen, it must result in B occurring, then the absence of B occurring undermines the original claim.  Klein's sent a rifle to Oswald's PO Box.  It can't be accounted for in any way except as being received by Oswald.  If post office procedures had precluded delivery, it would have been sent back.  It was not.  If there were any doubt, there are pictures of Oswald holding the rifle, his prints are on the rifle sent to his PO box (same serial #) etc.   And when all is said and done, if there had been some document Oswald signed or clerk who could remember giving him the rifle, CTers would claim they were lying or forged.  The game never ends when any evidence of Oswald's guilt is suspect for that reason alone.  We would just add a postal clerk's name to all the others who lied to frame Oswald.

LNers like you always claim that LHO "could have" received the rifle and pistol, but what you don't do is cite any supporting evidence to show that he did receive the weapons. Why is that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2018, 05:06:55 AM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2018, 05:09:22 AM »
Yep, I know. They're the official Oswald Hair Splitter Defense Club. They all carry a photo of Oswald with a halo. I just thought that if there's someone who is on the fence on this subject that PO clerks are prone to screw up just as all other normal human beings on the planet.

So instead of relying on evidence you rely on silly unsupported theories like "someone screwed up ". Why is that?

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2018, 05:10:45 AM »

Not just anybody but someone that had the key to the PO box and who picked up the form that let's Hidell know he has a package to pick up. In other words, Oswald.

But it wasn't addressed to LHO.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2018, 05:10:45 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2018, 01:42:42 PM »
LNers like you always claim that LHO "could have" received the rifle and pistol, but what you don't do is cite any supporting evidence to show that he did receive the weapons. Why is that?

The old automated response when you are "sunk."  There is a ton of supporting evidence cited.  Photos, documents, prints, serial numbers, witness testimony.  It's almost impossible to dream up any further evidence that is lacking from the record. 

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2018, 06:09:34 PM »
The old automated response when you are "sunk."  There is a ton of supporting evidence cited.  Photos, documents, prints, serial numbers, witness testimony.  It's almost impossible to dream up any further evidence that is lacking from the record.

There is a ton of supporting evidence cited.  Photos, documents, prints, serial numbers, witness testimony.

But NONE of the evidence is undeniable proof that Lee Oswald was the person who received the rifle at the P.O....And there is in fact evidence, that the carcano that was carefully hidden beneath a pallet with boxes of books stacked on it, is NOT the same carcano the Lee Oswald was holding in CE 133A. 

The sling that is on CE 139 ( the TSBD carcano) did not exist on the carcano in Lee Oswald's hand in the photo CE 133A.

The "investigators" recognized this FACT and then attempted to explain why the rifle in the photo ( CE 133A. ) is different than the TSBD rifle. They invented a fanciful tale about Lee fabricating a leather sling for the cheap carcano that he and George De M had ordered for the staged carnival photo.  (CE 133A)   They claimed that Lee had created the sling from possibly several different sources, including a musical instrument case strap, and a surplus Air Force pistol belt.....

The fact is...The strap is an authentic strap that was created for the carcanos of Mussolini' s elite body guards, the Guardie Del Duce.     

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2018, 06:09:34 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2018, 07:20:55 PM »
There is a ton of supporting evidence cited.  Photos, documents, prints, serial numbers, witness testimony.

But NONE of the evidence is undeniable proof that Lee Oswald was the person who received the rifle at the P.O....And there is in fact evidence, that the carcano that was carefully hidden beneath a pallet with boxes of books stacked on it, is NOT the same carcano the Lee Oswald was holding in CE 133A. 

The sling that is on CE 139 ( the TSBD carcano) did not exist on the carcano in Lee Oswald's hand in the photo CE 133A.

The "investigators" recognized this FACT and then attempted to explain why the rifle in the photo ( CE 133A. ) is different than the TSBD rifle. They invented a fanciful tale about Lee fabricating a leather sling for the cheap carcano that he and George De M had ordered for the staged carnival photo.  (CE 133A)   They claimed that Lee had created the sling from possibly several different sources, including a musical instrument case strap, and a surplus Air Force pistol belt.....

The fact is...The strap is an authentic strap that was created for the carcanos of Mussolini' s elite body guards, the Guardie Del Duce.   

The rifle found in the TSBD has the same serial number as the one sent to Oswald's PO Box.  His prints were on that rifle.  It was found at his place of work.  His wife confirmed he had a rifle and that rifle can't be accounted for in any way after 11.22 except as the rifle on the 6th floor.  Having a different sling is weak sauce compared to all that.  Particularly when the sling can be easily replaced on the same rifle.   You think that Oswald changing the sling is more "fanciful" in comparison to the outrageous yarn you have spun here implying that all the evidence that links Oswald to the rifle was fabricated in a grand conspiracy to frame him for the assassination of the president?  LOL. Almost no fact in human history could be proven based on an "undeniable" proof standard.  It is always remotely possible that something other than the obvious occurred.  But what you are suggesting is that someone would have to build a time machine to prove this fact.  And even if CTers could see a postal clerk hand the package to Oswald, some would suggest that it was an Oswald double etc.  A neverending game of ad hoc excuses.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2018, 07:56:57 PM »
The rifle found in the TSBD has the same serial number as the one sent to Oswald's PO Box.  His prints were on that rifle.  It was found at his place of work.  His wife confirmed he had a rifle and that rifle can't be accounted for in any way after 11.22 except as the rifle on the 6th floor.  Having a different sling is weak sauce compared to all that.  Particularly when the sling can be easily replaced on the same rifle.   You think that Oswald changing the sling is more "fanciful" in comparison to the outrageous yarn you have spun here implying that all the evidence that links Oswald to the rifle was fabricated in a grand conspiracy to frame him for the assassination of the president?  LOL. Almost no fact in human history could be proven based on an "undeniable" proof standard.  It is always remotely possible that something other than the obvious occurred.  But what you are suggesting is that someone would have to build a time machine to prove this fact.  And even if CTers could see a postal clerk hand the package to Oswald, some would suggest that it was an Oswald double etc.  A neverending game of ad hoc excuses.

The rifle found in the TSBD has the same serial number as the one sent to Oswald's PO Box.

I know for a fact that the FBI testified that barrel had been replaced on CE 139, (the TSBD carcano) Since replacement barrels had no number stamped in them, it would have been very easy to replace the barrel of a carcano and then stamp it with the number C 2766....

His prints were on that rifle.

There were NO identifiable prints found on the carcano.

It was found at his place of work.

Means nothing.... A more important question... Did anybody verify that it had been fired that day?   

Particularly when the sling can be easily replaced on the same rifle.

Yes, the sling is easily changed...IF there is a replacement sling at hand...and the slings were not readily available.. .But who would want a sling ?? Only someone who had his rifle ready for combat.   And what appears to be a sling in the photo CE 133A is simply something drawn onto the photo to give the illusion that the rifle is a combat ready weapon.       

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2018, 07:56:57 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2018, 08:46:01 PM »

The rifle found in the TSBD has the same serial number as the one sent to Oswald's PO Box.

I know for a fact that the FBI testified that barrel had been replaced on CE 139, (the TSBD carcano) Since replacement barrels had no number stamped in them, it would have been very easy to replace the barrel of a carcano and then stamp it with the number C 2766....

His prints were on that rifle.

There were NO identifiable prints found on the carcano.

It was found at his place of work.

Means nothing.... A more important question... Did anybody verify that it had been fired that day?   

Particularly when the sling can be easily replaced on the same rifle.

Yes, the sling is easily changed...IF there is a replacement sling at hand...and the slings were not readily available.. .But who would want a sling ?? Only someone who had his rifle ready for combat.   And what appears to be a sling in the photo CE 133A is simply something drawn onto the photo to give the illusion that the rifle is a combat ready weapon.       

You are again confusing what is possible with what is probable.  Almost anything is theoretically possible.  The only indication I remember of rebarreling the rifle relates to the Italians during WWII.  Does the plot go back to Mussolini?   Finding a rifle at the scene of the assassination on the floor from which witnesses confirmed they saw a rifle at the moment of the assassination "means nothing"?  That rifle is linked to an employee of the building who flees the building.  You think that is not important but subjective claims like "who would want a sling" are important?  They have to draw a sling on the photo to "give the illusion" that it is combat ready?  I'm not even sure what the means.  I don't think anyone believes you need a sling on a rifle to shoot someone with it.  That is pretty far out stuff.