Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: USPS workers screwing things up i.e..LHO receiving c2766  (Read 46101 times)

Offline Oscar Navarro

USPS workers screwing things up i.e..LHO receiving c2766
« on: December 09, 2018, 02:47:38 PM »
Advertisement
I have noticed that some CTers don't believe Oswald could have picked up C2766 from the USPS because it would have violated certain postal regulations or would have left a paper trail. I'm not familiar with postal regulations back then or now but I'm very familiar with postal workers screwing up in one way or another. Same goes for UPS, Federal Express so I'm not trying to just pick on the USPS. In fact, there have been times when dealing with government agencies at all levels and the private sector that orders and transactions have been botched and, I must confess, that includes me.

To illustrate one incident of major screwup by the USPS here is quoted text from a legal case involving the theft of Postal Money Orders and negligence by two postal clerks.

Stolen Blank Money Orders

As could be expected, the theft of blank money orders from post offices, and their subsequent completion and transfer to innocent parties, is not an unusual occurrence. Such a series of events involved United States v. Northwestern Nat'l Bank & Trust Co. In that case, the post office in Mississippi City, Mississippi was burglarized and the thief stole both blank money orders and the rubber stamps used to validate them. Twelve of the money orders were completed in usual form by the thief for $100 each, drawn on the post office at Minneapolis, Minnesota, payable to a fictitious payee. Though the defendant bank cashed the money orders, it did so only after one of its clerks telephoned a branch post office and received assurance from the unidentified postal clerk that the described money orders were genuine. The postal clerk had overlooked the fact that they were listed as stolen in a postal bulletin on file at the branch. When the bank presented the money orders to the main Minneapolis post office for payment, the postal employees again failed to detect them as stolen, and they were therefore honored. Despite the genuine but unauthorized form of execution and the failure of the postal employees to identify the money orders as stolen, judgment was rendered for the Government.  https://scholarship.law.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=https://www.google.com/&httpsredir=1&article=3600&context=clr

page 367.

The point of the post is.... Why assign to malice when stupidity and carelessness can explain the event.

JFK Assassination Forum

USPS workers screwing things up i.e..LHO receiving c2766
« on: December 09, 2018, 02:47:38 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: USPS workers screwing things up i.e..LHO receiving c2766
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 03:39:50 PM »
I have noticed that some CTers don't believe Oswald could have picked up C2766 from the USPS because it would have violated certain postal regulations or would have left a paper trail. I'm not familiar with postal regulations back then or now but I'm very familiar with postal workers screwing up in one way or another. Same goes for UPS, Federal Express so I'm not trying to just pick on the USPS. In fact, there have been times when dealing with government agencies at all levels and the private sector that orders and transactions have been botched and, I must confess, that includes me.

To illustrate one incident of major screwup by the USPS here is quoted text from a legal case involving the theft of Postal Money Orders and negligence by two postal clerks.

The point of the post is.... Why assign to malice when stupidity and carelessness can explain the event.

I don't believe I've ever agreed with anything you've posted Mr Navarro, but in this case I completely agree...

Although I'm not convinced that Lee Oswald was the person who received the carcano at the P.O. he definitely could have been the person who received it.   But there is also the possibility that De Morenschildt or Paine could have picked up the rifle from the PO. 

I know from personal experience that some PO clerks did not religiously adhere to postal regulations....  I have received mail and packages from my PO box without displaying any ID or notification that there was a parcel too large for my mail box awaiting to be picked up.  IOW....  anybody with a key too the mail box could have received the rifle. ( If Marina had loaned her key to De M he could easily have received the rifle)

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 03:41:39 PM »

Agreed Oscar. Plus the number of people who saw what they didn't see, like the doctors at Parkland. People who did things they never did, and people who told lies. Doesn't make sense does it?

BS:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 03:41:39 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 04:44:08 PM »
I don't believe I've ever agreed with anything you've posted Mr Navarro, but in this case I completely agree...

Although I'm not convinced that Lee Oswald was the person who received the carcano at the P.O. he definitely could have been the person who received it.   But there is also the possibility that De Morenschildt or Paine could have picked up the rifle from the PO. 

I know from personal experience that some PO clerks did not religiously adhere to postal regulations....  I have received mail and packages from my PO box without displaying any ID or notification that there was a parcel too large for my mail box awaiting to be picked up.  IOW....  anybody with a key too the mail box could have received the rifle. ( If Marina had loaned her key to De M he could easily have received the rifle)

Cakebread, I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted that you "completely agree" with me.  ;D Just kidding. I've seen that you're a committed conspiracist and can come up with some fancy tales. For instance, this GeorgeD or Ruth Paine connection is one that I wouldn't mind if you would expand upon.

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 04:47:23 PM »
Agreed Oscar. Plus the number of people who saw what they didn't see, like the doctors at Parkland. People who did things they never did, and people who told lies. Doesn't make sense does it?

BS:

It would have to be a lot of people who were in on it, Ray. The more people involved the less chance for the conspiracy to remain secret.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 04:47:23 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 05:34:47 PM »
Cakebread, I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted that you "completely agree" with me.  ;D Just kidding. I've seen that you're a committed conspiracist and can come up with some fancy tales. For instance, this GeorgeD or Ruth Paine connection is one that I wouldn't mind if you would expand upon.

Ok...Let's use this scenario... 

George... "Lee, We need to get moving on creating the photo that will show that you are a bonafide communist revolutionary, Have you received that cheap rifle that I gave you the Money order to buy from Kleins?

Lee...  Yes, I know George, that there is a need to hurry, And, yes, I did order that rifle ...  It should be in the mail....Perhaps you can check my mail box tomorrow and see if there is a notice of a parcel to be picked up in the P.O. box... Here's my key to box number 2915...

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 09:49:57 PM »
It would have to be a lot of people who were in on it, Ray. The more people involved the less chance for the conspiracy to remain secret.

Oscar apparently 130,000 people worked on the Manhattan atom bomb project and that never leaked.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 09:49:57 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 09:54:27 PM »

It would have to be a lot of people who were in on it

This is a commonly heard LN claim, but I have never understood why it would have involved a lot of people.

Perhaps you can explain it?