Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was JFK Killed By A Handgun?  (Read 5157 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was JFK Killed By A Handgun?
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2018, 12:39:50 AM »
Advertisement
Correct. He would also have heard the echo of the rifle blast from the hard surfaces around the plaza particularly the pergola to his right and the overpass ahead. Even the sound bouncing from the buildings on his far left would have reached his ears as part of a wall of sound arriving so close together it would have been impossible to distinguish their order. I doubt Hill would have heard the impact on the skull if he'd not moved much closer to the POTUS. That sound would have been lost in the cacophony of the other sounds. It was his closeness to Kennedy that made the combined head impact and rifle blast sound different and distinguishable creating a 'new' sound different from an earlier shot(s).

I think people sometimes forget that the witnesses only got one chance to absorb what their senses detected. We can read books over and over trying to pry open hidden secrets but Hill and others had just one chance. Everything else is hindsight to them.

The point is:....  Even though Clint Hill mentioned a revolver there is no way that he could know that the sounds he heard were the result of a revolver shot.   He may have guessed right, but it was still just a guess, and he was comparing the sounds to some sounds that he had heard previously and he knew that those sounds were created by a revolver.   

Bottom line....A bullet impact bang is the same whether it is fired from a rifle or a revolver.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2018, 12:39:50 AM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2018, 05:00:19 AM »
Where is your "supporting evidence?"  You are sunk.

I asked a QUESTION based off of evidence. You're failure to either read or comprehend the evidence presented isn't my problem.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 01:47:06 PM »
I asked a QUESTION based off of evidence. You're failure to either read or comprehend the evidence presented isn't my problem.

Thanks for confirming that you have no evidence.  You are sunk.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 01:47:06 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2018, 07:16:19 PM »
Hill was referring to the sound of the BULLET striking the skull.... Not the gun being fired.

Clint Hill said ..."it seemed to have some type of an echo".

I believe Hill was describing the sound of the bullet impact followed immediately by the muzzle blast ( due to the speed of sound ) Hill would probably have heard the bullet impact first and then the sound of the gun being fired.

There is also a very distinct possibility that the sounds that Clint hill heard were the sound of a bullet hitting the chrome molding above the rear view mirror.

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 07:42:58 PM »
   SA Hill referenced an "echo" to the sound. Perhaps the "echo" is actually 2 different almost simultaneous shots striking home. The sudden almost simultaneous sounds of 2 strikes + 2 shots being fired would be very confusing to the ears.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 07:42:58 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2018, 08:15:04 PM »
   SA Hill referenced an "echo" to the sound. Perhaps the "echo" is actually 2 different almost simultaneous shots striking home. The sudden almost simultaneous sounds of 2 strikes + 2 shots being fired would be very confusing to the ears.

Perhaps the "echo" is actually 2 different almost simultaneous shots striking home.

That's possible, Royell...  But of course you realize that two shots that were very closely spaced would eliminate LBJ's "Special Committee's theory....  because a carcano cannot be fired that rapidly.