Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: "We have developed no evidence"....  (Read 10110 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: "We have developed no evidence"....
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2018, 01:32:12 AM »
Advertisement
Dominic Benavides was interviewed by Dallas Police that same day and also gave a very lengthy testimony. Oswald did in fact fit the description Mr.Benavides gave in his testimony. He was actually driving past the incident at a speed of approx 25MPH and came to halt as he heard the gunshots. The fact that Mr. Benavides didn't give a 100% ID does not rule out Oswald as there were a number of other witnesses who did ID Oswald. Helen Markham,Barbara Davis,Virginia Davis,Scoggins  and others ID'd Oswald. It was Oswald that shot Tippit.Fact..end of.

The Hoover thing was just a lawman concerned that people would see Oswald had been to Russia and conclude that it was some kind of Russian involvement. No big conspiracy smoking gun thing. Just another odd trivial JFK thing/fact blown up out of all proportion.

You're FOS Hardaker....There has been dozens of posts that refute the idea that Helen Markham was rational enough to ID anybody....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2018, 01:32:12 AM »

Offline Alan Hardaker

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2018, 01:33:42 AM »
It was Hoover who decided the assssination on day 1 when he concluded that LHO was the lone gunman.

Oswald was formally charged with the murder of Officer J.D.Tippit approx 7.00PM 22nd November and was charged with the assassination of JFK at 1.00 AM  23rd November. So it was not as if Hoover was making some random guess. They already had Oswald in custody and had enough to go on. It was with that clear knowledge that they had the killer in custody that was the backdrop to Hoovers very understandable reasoning and conclusion.

Offline Alan Hardaker

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2018, 01:38:42 AM »
You're FOS Hardaker....There has been dozens of posts that refute the idea that Helen Markham was rational enough to ID anybody....

The irrational one in this mess was that mixed up fantasist LHO. Can't knock all of those who saw him. Just to many witnesses. Oswald shot JD Tippit.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2018, 01:38:42 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2018, 01:44:03 AM »
Oswald was formally charged with the murder of Officer J.D.Tippit approx 7.00PM 22nd November and was charged with the assassination of JFK at 1.00 AM  23rd November. So it was not as if Hoover was making some random guess. They already had Oswald in custody and had enough to go on. It was with that clear knowledge that they had the killer in custody that was the backdrop to Hoovers very understandable reasoning and conclusion.

Hoovers very understandable reasoning and conclusion.

So, it is your opinion that it is ok for law enforcement officers to make up their mind prior to evidence being collected and subsequently not look any further than they guy in custody?

So much for considering all options... I guess you would have liked to live in Salem...

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2018, 01:54:10 AM »
The irrational one in this mess was that mixed up fantasist LHO. Can't knock all of those who saw him. Just to many witnesses. Oswald shot JD Tippit.

Amazing? when dozens of witnesses in Dealey Plaza say something that contradicts the official story, they are all deemed to be wrong and we are told eyewitness testimony is highy unreliable.

Yet when a number of people (most of whom only saw Tippit's killer for mere seconds) pick out a guy from a highly questionable line up, they all are deemed to be correct.

I witnessed a street robbery a couple of years ago. I saw the guy walk toward me, and I saw him run after grabbing a girl's phone. Less than 30 minutes later, a police officer asked me if I could describe and/or identify the guy and, as much as I wanted to, I couldn't because it all happened too quickly. With that experience in mind, there is no way you can tell me that all those people would be able to identify Tippit's killer in a fair line up.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 01:56:29 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2018, 01:54:10 AM »

Offline Alan Hardaker

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2018, 02:00:34 AM »
Hoovers very understandable reasoning and conclusion.

So, it is your opinion that it is ok for law enforcement officers to make up their mind prior to evidence being collected and subsequently not look any further than they guy in custody?

So much for considering all options... I guess you would have liked to live in Salem...

Hoover would've had enough information handed to him on Oswald. To be fair it was a little premature for Hoover to be making such statements. But it isn't that big an influence on the actual evidence, the sightings etc. You or others can't base your arguments on a few untimely utterings by Hoover. And you can't just make vague accusations against eye witnesses and expect people to ignore clear irrefutable sightings of Oswald as the killer of Officer J.D.Tippit.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2018, 02:08:03 AM »
Hoover would've had enough information handed to him on Oswald. To be fair it was a little premature for Hoover to be making such statements. But it isn't that big an influence on the actual evidence, the sightings etc. You or others can't base your arguments on a few untimely utterings by Hoover. And you can't just make vague accusations against eye witnesses and expect people to ignore clear irrefutable sightings of Oswald as the killer of Officer J.D.Tippit.

You or others can't base your arguments on a few untimely utterings by Hoover.

I'd say they were "untimely".... He wrote on a memo about another line of enquiry that no further action was needed before Oswald was charged with anything.

And you can't just make vague accusations against eye witnesses and

Really, but LNs can call eye-witnesses wrong, mistaken and whatever else as much as they like?

And I am not making vague accusations against anybody. In fact I am pretty convinced that the Tippit witnesses were acting in good faith under a lot a pressure. If anything, I would take issue with the way the line ups were conducted.

expect people to ignore clear irrefutable sightings of Oswald as the killer of Officer J.D.Tippit.

"irrefutable" is a big word to use for witnesses who were never challenged or questioned in a proper trial.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 02:40:21 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2018, 02:08:03 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2018, 02:53:13 PM »

You (   ) can't base your arguments on a few untimely utterings by Hoover.

Mr Hardaker... Perhaps you should back off a bit and take a hard look at the timing of what you call "untimely utterings"

Immediately after Lee Oswald was murdered, Hoover wrote a memo to LBJ in which he requested LBJ to issue "something" that would lead the suckers, ( who were in the dark and pleading for answers in the violent murder of their President ), into believing that one hapless, deranged soul, murdered President Kennedy for no reason at all.   At the time, November 24 1963, Hoover had NO, ( None, Nada , ZIP ) solid evidence that Lee Oswald was in fact the assassin....  But he was desperate to get on with the postmortem execution of the dead Oswald ......
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 04:18:22 PM by Walt Cakebread »