Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The confusing recollection of Jack Dougherty  (Read 12611 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: The confusing recollection of Jack Dougherty
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2022, 01:41:27 AM »
Advertisement
I believe the man in the background on the left may be Mr Dougherty (we know he was in the Homicide Office at that exact time)----------------
Photo submitted by Freeman----

That's not him
Short sleeve man might be Jack, but short sleeves has really dark hair...did Dougherty? Why couldn't uniformed man be Dougherty?
What about this?..... "he was in the Homicide Office"? OK--How did he get there?

Perhaps red arrowed man is Jack.  The circled guy is Shelley [so I believe]
Jack Daugherty---the most poorly photographed guy ever.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2022, 01:41:27 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 03:15:10 AM by Denis Pointing »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2022, 03:21:48 AM »
Jack Dougherty:  https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/67466549/jack-edwin-dougherty

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/67466549/jack-edwin-dougherty

Not one of these pictures is a positively confirmed picture of Jack Dougherty.
The most clear ones are excluded because on his draft card it states he has a "mole under nose".
There is one possible picture of an elderly Dougherty where he seems to have such a mole.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2022, 03:21:48 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2022, 03:35:35 AM »
Jack Dougherty:  https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/67466549/jack-edwin-dougherty

Thanks Denis, I found this at that site, now before I get critical I will acknowledge that my handwriting is not good but looking at the following handwriting I initially thought it was written by a 10 year old, the way he mixes capital letters with lower case especially with his own surname of his mother is a bit weird and sort of explains his wacko testimony.

JohnM

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2022, 05:00:59 AM »
That would be this....

I have offered to help Mr Mytton with his imaging skills but....? Anyway, below is a more accessible image if that is helpful.

Not one of these pictures is a positively confirmed picture of Jack Dougherty.
The most clear ones are excluded because on his draft card it states he has a "mole under nose".
The most clear ones are still crappy though. The bottom right photo on the fidagrave pictures doesn't look the others at all. Note that the registration card lists color of hair as blonde. Does this not rule out some photos  [unless he dyed his hair often]

ALSO---Why would an epileptic be admitted to the service ???
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 05:05:43 AM by Jerry Freeman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2022, 05:00:59 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2022, 06:23:24 AM »
Daugherty getting grilled revisited----
Mr. DOUGHERTY - I don't have a car---I have to ride ,the bus.
Mr. BALL - Did you see Oswald come to work that morning?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes---when he first come into the door.
Mr. BALL - When he came in the door?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.
Mr. BALL - Did you see him come in the door?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes; I saw him when he first come in the door--yes.
Mr. BALL - Did he have anything in his hands or arms?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, not that I could see of.
Mr. BALL - About what time of day was that?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - That was 8 o'clock.
Mr. BALL - That was about 8 o'clock?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL - What door did he come in?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, he came in the back door.
Mr. BALL - Where were you then?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - I was---sitting on top of the wrapping table.
Mr. BALL - Now, do you remember that you gave a statement to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and to a man by the name of Ellington, or a Mr. Anderton, the day after---the 23d of November?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes---I talked to so many of them--it is kind of hard to remember.
Mr. BALL - And there is a statement that they took when they talked to you and in it you said, "I recall vaguely, having seen Lee Oswald when he came to work at about 8 a.m. today."
Mr. DOUGHERTY - I did---that morning.
Mr. BALL - That seems to be dated the 22d day of November 1963.
Mr. DOUGHERTY - That's right.
Mr. BALL - The full statement is, "I am employed by the Texas School Book Depository, 411 Elm Street, Dallas, as an order filler, and reside at 1827 South Marsalis Street, Dallas, Tex." Did you tell them that?
This FBI statement linked below
Mr. BALL - "I started to work today, 11-22-63, at about 7 a.m. o'clock".
Did you tell them that?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.
Mr. BALL - The statement says, "I recall vaguely having seen Lee Oswald, when he came to work at about 8 a.m. today."
Mr. DOUGHERTY - That's right.
Mr. BALL - Now, is that a very definite impression that you saw him that morning when he came to work?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, oh--it's like this--I'll try to explain it to you this way--- you see, I was sitting on the wrapping table and when he came in the door, I just caught him out of the corner of my eye---that's the reason why I said it that way.
Mr. BALL - Did he come in with anybody?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - No.
Mr. BALL - He was alone?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes; he was alone.
Mr. BALL - Do you recall him having anything in his hand?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I didn't see anything, if he did.
Mr. BALL - Did you pay enough attention to him, you think, that you would remember whether he did or didn't?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I believe I can---yes, sir---I'll put it this way; I didn't see anything in his hands at the time.
Mr. BALL - In other words, your memory is definite on that is it?
Mr. BALL - In other words, you would say positively he had nothing in his hands?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - I would say that---yes, sir.
Mr. BALL - Or, are you guessing?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - I don't think so.
Mr. BALL - You saw him come in the door?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.
Mr. BALL - The back door on the first floor?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - It was in the back door.
If this wasn't bad enough Old Joe Ball came after him again ---
Mr. BALL - Did you ever see Lee Oswald carry any sort of large package?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I didn't, but some of the fellows said they did.
Mr. BALL - Who said that?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, Bill Shelley, he told me that he thought he saw him carrying a fairly good-sized package.
Mr. BALL - When did Shelley tell you that?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, it was--the day after it happened.
So...'some of the fellows' was Bill Shelley? Ball asked for no other names. Also 'the day after' was Saturday...a day when most people had stayed home.
This testimony was made on April 8, 1964 the day after William Shelley gave his 1st testimony. Shelley was examined by Joe Ball.
    On May 14....one month later, Bill Shelley was recalled [mostly concerning the rifles that were brought into the TSBD by Warren Caster] The counsel was once again Joe Ball.
   NOT one single question was asked about the statement that Dougherty had made about Shelley telling him Oswald was carrying a package. You call this an investigation?

If you have read Jack Dougherty's previous statements and writings it is pretty easy to tell that he did not make that above report. It was obviously written for him to sign except I don't see his signature...do you?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2022, 06:37:44 AM »

I have offered to help Mr Mytton with his imaging skills but....? Anyway, below is a more accessible image if that is helpful.

How is your image more "accessible", because all you've done is resize the image by using a Forum script(big deal) which btw I have done many times, how about you present some of your scientific graphical analysis and show us some of your technical "imaging skills" that you initiated and we'll compare that to my mountain of contributions??
And I don't recall when and where you offered to help me with my "image skills", now admittedly I rarely read your unique insights and could of missed this earth shattering post....?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2022, 06:37:44 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2022, 06:55:04 AM »
... we'll compare that to my mountain of contributions??
  I rarely read your unique insights and could of missed this earth shattering post....?
I guess I hurt his feelings [if he has any]
He has deposited a mountain of it alright. But I wouldn't call them contributions.
Yes...my insight is unique, thanks.
So then why does he waste so much space and cause people to scroll his images into the next room?  :D

Dear readers... look over my previous posts and see that they are indeed unique insight.