Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The confusing recollection of Jack Dougherty  (Read 12563 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: The confusing recollection of Jack Dougherty
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 02:33:42 PM »
Advertisement
Some thoughts on Dougherty.

This point can be applied to others who offer specific times in testimonies/statements. Do not take specific times stated literally. They are on many occasions estimations and should be overriden by known time stamps. Eg Dougherty says he went back to work at 12.45. This was the normal return to work time however Dougherty claimed he went back to work just before the shots....we know that they occurred around 15 minutes earlier....hence the relevant sequence is he went back to work then the shots occurred.

He was the closest known witness by foot to the SN.

He was the last known witness to be present on the 6th floor before the shots.

According to the official story he had to have moved the west elevator off the 5th floor prior to the arrival of Baker and Truly.

According to his testimony, his position at the time of the shots put him in position to notice anyone taking the stairs immediately after the shots.

He was not part of the flooring crew but was taken to City Hall along with the others who were on instruction from Fritz to Senkel. He was to gather all employees who had been on the 6th floor that day. Two were no longer in the building, Oswald and Givens. Two others were, Frazier and Norman, but somehow avoided being taken for statements with the others.

Colin, I believe that you've omitted one of the most important attributes of Jack Dougherty..... In that, he was the senior member of Roy Truly's crew.   Thus he certainly commanded a position from which he could intimidate the junior members.....  And he was a big and strong, good ol white boy.       IOW... Bonnie Ray Williams would have jumped at Dougherty's command...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 02:33:42 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 07:20:38 PM »
FWIW, (probably not much) I posted a 1950 Dallas city directory image indicating Jack Dougherty
was employed at that time at Goodwill Industries.

Larry Crafard was questioned about the name Dalton. Crafard replied that Mr. Dalton was with Goodwill Industries
and Crafard believed Ruby purchased a suit for Crafard at Goodwill. Crafard said he believed Ruby was in contact
with Dalton in the course of Ruby's twist-board promotion.:
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/crafard.htm

Cecil O. Dalton seems a match for "Mr. Dalton". Cecil had an interesting personal history.
https://www.ancestry.com/1940-census/usa/Texas/Twelight-M-Dalton_5hcmvv
Twelight M Dalton in the 1940 Census
VIEW ACTUAL RECORD
Or find other results in the 1940 census for Twelight M Dalton
Age   26, born abt 1914
Birthplace   Texas
Gender   Female
Race   White
Home in 1940 3714 Wycliff Dallas, Dallas, Texas
Household Members       Age
Head   
Cecilo Dalton 32
Wife Twelight M Dalton 26
Lodger Iris Neal 23
https://obits.dallasnews.com/obituaries/dallasmorningnews/obituary.aspx?n=iris-dalton&pid=150495398

Iris Dalton was born September 10, 1916 in Arlington, Texas to Jack and Jane Neal. She passed away on April 18, 2011 in Grapevine, Texas. She was a lifelong resident of Dallas. She is preceded in death by her Husband: C.O. Dalton, Nephew: Richard Dalton and Sister Twilight Dalton. She is survived by her Great Niece and Nephew Kim Dalton and Chris Dalton. A Memorial Service will be held on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 at 12:00 p.m. at the Abbey Chapel at Restland Funeral Home. Under the Direction of Metrocrest Funeral Home in Carrollton, Texas.
Update: The above obit displays an error.  Iris Dalton's sister Twilight, first wife of Iris's husband, Cecil, had died in 1961.:

Two gentlemen of the same surname were Dallas Goodwill executices, Jasper and Millard Heath, two years after
the 1937 establishment of Goodwill Ind. in Dallas. The 1930 US census describes Millard J Heath as self employed Elevator Mechanic,
with wife Mary and son, Billy. In 1940, Millard's census entry includes wife Mary and son, Billy and Millard's position with Goodwill:
1940 US census image link.:
http://jfkdebate.com/images/RubyCrafardGoodwllMillarJheathGoodwill1940Census.jpg

At the time of Millard J Heath's death in 1978, his death certificate describes Heath as Executive Director of the Dallas Medical Soc.:
https://www.dallasnews.com/obituaries/obituaries/2015/09/11/bob-heath-who-built-on-legacy-of-dallas-medical-society-dies-at-83
Bob Heath, who built on legacy of Dallas Medical Society, dies at 83
Sept., 2015
Robert L. Heath built on his father?s legacy in leading the Dallas County Medical Society and Goodwill Industries. The generational team guided the medical society for a total of 60 years.

Heath, 83, died Monday of natural causes at Methodist Dallas Medical Center.

A celebration of life for Heath will be at 2 p.m. Sept. 19 at the Dallas County Medical Society, 140 E. 12th Street in Dallas. The building is named for the father and son.

?He was a fun person that people looked up to,? said his son, Steve Heath, a DeSoto psychologist.

Doctors continued to seek Bob Heath?s advice and guidance years after he retired as executive director of the medical society ? including when he was hospitalized.

?The nurses in the hospital were always amazed, because there would be a parade of doctors coming to see him, far more than most people,? his son said. ?Instead of checking on him, they would be coming in and asking, ?Hey, I?ve got a problem with this ...??

Heath was born in Dallas, where he graduated from Sunset High School in 1949. His father, Millard Heath, an ordained Methodist minister, was a leader in juvenile services and a founder of Goodwill Industries. He became executive director of the medical society in 1946.

Bob Heath attended Arlington State College, now the University of Texas at Arlington. In 1951, he married his childhood sweetheart, Vanita Dickenson.

Heath worked for two companies in Dallas after he served in the Naval Reserves during the Korean War.

He was with Goodwill Industries in Dallas in 1960, when the agency named him executive director of its operation in Jacksonville, Fla. He returned to Dallas in 1966 as director of rehabilitation and personnel of Goodwill Industries here.

In 1969, he joined the Dallas County Medical Society as assistant executive medical officer to his father, who was nearing retirement. In 1974, Bob Heath became the society?s executive director, a post he held until 1996.

The Dallas County Medical Society grew from 1,600 members to 6,000 under Bob Heath?s direction. He also increased the medical society?s presence in the community, including the Health Check program. The society also became more active in lobbying the Texas Legislature to shape public health issues, his son said.

?He was absolutely the dutiful son, who loved and honored his father, and to him there was no greater way to do that than to follow in his footsteps,? Dr. Heath said.

Heath grew up as a member of Oak Cliff United Methodist Church and had been an active member of Cliff Temple Baptist Church for 30 years, his son said. Heath was also a founding board member of the Southwest Transplant Foundation.

In addition to his wife and son, Heath is survived by ....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 08:09:14 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 08:21:44 PM »
BTW, was any WC witness testifying to the WC referred by the WC to the DOJ for investigation of possibly perjured testimony?

The strongest contradiction to Truly's testimony was included in a Secret Service report....
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10490&relPageId=781&search=mr._truly%20and%20retarded

Roy Truly and Dougherty's father seemed to influence at least the SS to "call off the dogs."

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/truly1.htm

....Mr. BELIN. Could you tell us a little bit about Jack Dougherty?
Mr. TRULY. Jack Dougherty has been working for us 12 or 14 years. Until we moved into this building, he has been mostly in our State Department, the building at 1917 North Houston. He would fill orders for--that called for many cartons of books on a three-textbook-order basis to the various schools in Texas. And he seemed to be intelligent and smart and a hard worker. The main thing is he just worked all the time.

I have never had any occasion to have any hard words for Jack. A few times he would get a little bit---maybe do a little something wrong, and I would mention it to him, and he would just go to pieces--not anything--but anything the rest of the day or the next day would not be right. [Deletion.] He is a great big husky fellow. I think he is 39 years old. He has never been married. He has no interest in women. He gets flustered, has a small word for it, at times. He has never had any trouble. He is a good, loyal, hard working employee. He always has been.
Mr. BELIN. Would you _consider him of average intelligence?
Mr. TRULY. Yes, sir. I think what is wrong with him mostly is his emotional makeup. I would say that for the work he is doing, he is of average intelligence.

Mr. BELIN. When you got to the fifth floor, as I understand it, the west elevator was not there, but when you started up from the first floor, you thought it was on the fifth floor.
Mr. TRULY. No. When I came down from the second floor---from the seventh floor with the officer, I thought I saw Jack Dougherty on the fifth floor, which he would have had plenty of time to move the elevator down and up and get some stock and come back.
Mr. BELIN. But when you got to the fifth floor that west elevator was not there?
Mr. TRULY. No, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Was it on any floor below the fifth floor?
Mr. TRULY. I didn't look.
Mr. BELIN. As you were climbing up the floors, you did not see it?
Mr. TRULY. No, sir. ....
This article indicates Roy Truly could not have it both ways. Dougherty appears not to have socialized, supported by Truly's own
testimony and the fact Dougherty never moved from his parent's home except during his brief military service.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/emotional-smarts-tied-to/
Emotional Smarts Tied to General IQ
The same brain regions that perform cognitive tasks may also provide social intelligence, according to a new study
By Tia Ghose, LiveScience on January 23, 2013
....Emotional smarts and general intelligence may be more closely linked than previously thought, new research suggests.

In a group of Vietnam veterans, IQ test results and emotional intelligence, or the ability to perceive, understand and deal with emotion in oneself or in others, were linked. And in brain scans, the same regions of the brain seemed to perform both emotional and cognitive tasks, the study found. The findings were published in the journal Social Cognitive & Affective Neuroscience.

"Intelligence, to a large extent, does depend on basic cognitive abilities, like attention and perception and memory and language," said study coauthor Aron Barbey, a neuroscientist at the University of Illinois, in a statement. "But it also depends on interacting with other people. We're fundamentally social beings and our understanding not only involves basic cognitive abilities but also involves productively applying those abilities to social situations so that we can navigate the social world and understand others."....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 08:38:48 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 08:21:44 PM »

Offline Akis Papas

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 05:51:18 PM »
I called that individual to suggest the Dougherty family donate a photo of uncle Jack to the Sixth Floor Museum, in consideration of the impending 50th anniversary of the JFK Assassination. The reaction to my suggestion was "no" and the stated reason was the upset to the family in reaction to negative opinions and suspicions about Jack posted on the internet. I was asked how the recipient of my call could be
certain I was not one of the interenet posters influencing such upset to the Doigherty family

Do you think the possibility that the reason was not that, but that Dougherty was not white but black or hispanic or dark skin colored or mixed race or anykind of family secret like that?
Also being in charge for checking the fire alarm system in a building full of paper and being retarded is paradox.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 08:44:19 PM »
Do you think the possibility that the reason was not that, but that Dougherty was not white but black or hispanic or dark skin colored or mixed race or anykind of family secret like that?
Also being in charge for checking the fire alarm system in a building full of paper and being retarded is paradox.

My posts usually attract little response because I prepare to the extent I seem to leave little opportunity for challenging

No ...Your posts are long winded and boring....and the reasoning is so convoluted it's like the proverbial can of worms....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 08:44:19 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 08:58:55 PM »
My posts usually attract little response because I prepare to the extent I seem to leave little opportunity for challenging  what I present
in them. 

Uh not really. The copy and paste crap is serpentine. What is up with that? Can we put what we are trying to say in 25 words or less?

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 09:38:26 PM »
Uh not really. The copy and paste crap is serpentine. What is up with that? Can we put what we are trying to say in 25 words or less?
It seems to require an uncurious approach to disparage well supported, original research as "The copy and paste crap".
I look for collaborators interested in attempting to build further on building blocks I present in my posts. Few and far
between there are able, open minded researchers I have encountered who are seeking accurate information unimpaired by an
ingrained agenda.

And Jerry, you could have chosen to offer a  gracious thank you for finding and presenting what you were unable to locate,,,
some Evidence of Jack Dougherty's employment before military enlistmnent.
Doughtery made no sense and  asst counsel Ball made no sense. Ball didn't even establish what had happened to four years of JDs life after he left high school in 1937! However that might be answered with the picture below.
The bottom image in my last post includes. "Employer: A And P Store"
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/doughert.htm
...Mr. BALL - What year did you get out of high school? About?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Oh, 1937.
Mr. BALL - 1937?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.
Mr. BALL - What kind of work did you do after that?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, of course, a year or so, you might say--just work in grocery stores until I was 19 and volunteered for the Armed Services in October--October 24, 1942.
Mr. BALL - How long were you in the service?
Mr. DOUGHERTY - 2 years, 1 month, 17 days, to be exact..

LOL.... the esteemed Doug Horne, in RATHER LENGTHY reaction to proveable fact opposite his deeply ingrained beliefs.:
My (brief, in comparison) book review (User ID Rational Voice) at this link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RWKKPDXQXFKPD/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1510708928
Horne's "comment" is on second page of comments located below my review.:
Not linkable, but access by clicking this at the bottom of first page of 13 comments.:

IOW, Jerry, your post indicates you are unappreciative of intricate UNIQUE, verifiable detail unearthed with considerable effort,
in favor of a comic book formatted presentation?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 10:20:15 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 09:38:26 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 10:20:27 PM »
Tom?s well sourced documentation is a refreshing change from the usual speculation, opinion, and posturing that mostly goes on here.