Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Killed Kennedy  (Read 13356 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Who Killed Kennedy
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 05:21:08 AM »
Advertisement
I think it's tweaking the contrast.
Well, just wait until John Mytton gets a hold of everything...he will tweak the snot out of it ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 05:21:08 AM »

Online Mark Ulrik

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 03:38:35 PM »
Sorry, Walt. I don't own a copy. My scanner is from Windows XP or something (no generic driver will run it in Windows 10). Can't be bothered to buy a new one for the amount of scanning I do now. Last thing I scanned was at the library for 15? a copy.

Maybe do a search with reference nos. in the letter printed in the magazine, and find a copy on the Internet to post.

I looked though a "Special" magazine a few days ago and saw a Backyard Photo with all the rifle detail. It looked something like this:

I think it's tweaking the contrast.

It's in Getty's LIFE image collection:

https://www.gettyimages.dk/detail/news-photo/lee-harvey-oswald-standing-oustide-his-home-and-holding-news-photo/50398678

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 04:16:49 PM »
 Why is his head and feet chopped of?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 04:16:49 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 11:32:12 PM »
Thanks, I'll try to figger out a way to post the Hoover letter that is printed on page 82 of the booklet....

And this photo is GREAT for showing that the "sling" that tricks the viewer into thinking that the "sling" is on the rifle is something that was added to the photo by the artist  who altered the photo ( I believe the artist was Lee Oswald)

The "sling" shows that an "artist" worked on the photo....  Surely, everybody can see that there is no sling attached to the rifle...

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 02:03:56 AM »

Jerry I went to the library and they scanned page 82 and sent the scan to my computer ....How do I post the scan?
The old default image format for scanners was a TIF file. But anyone using the scanner can change the output format. I just reserve (through their website) the library's one computer station that has a scanner attached. I get a one-hour slot (usually for the next day). I scan stuff myself and save it onto a flash drive or to a personal account on an image-hosting service or cloud drive. Be sure to check that you don't leave things on the scanner bed before you leave.

If it's a TIF file (ie: ends in .tif or .tiff), you should convert it to a PNG or JPG file, which I believe is more acceptable to the Forum (along with the GIF format). Use an online graphics program that works in your browser ( ie Pixlr at link ). Upload the image and then do a "Save As" (in PNG or JPG) to your "Downloads" folder or some place you can find it later.

Then upload the new file to a free online image-hosting service. You will have to set up an account (that the FBI and CIA will monitor, alas) with the hosting service. They (the hosters, not the feds) will assign a link to that image that you can then post to the Forum To make the link appear as a photo, you have to paste the link after clicking onto the Forum's tiny picture frame ("Mona Lisa") icon among the icons that are above the "Reply" window.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 02:03:56 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 01:51:20 PM »
The old default image format for scanners was a TIF file. But anyone using the scanner can change the output format. I just reserve (through their website) the library's one computer station that has a scanner attached. I get a one-hour slot (usually for the next day). I scan stuff myself and save it onto a flash drive or to a personal account on an image-hosting service or cloud drive. Be sure to check that you don't leave things on the scanner bed before you leave.

If it's a TIF file (ie: ends in .tif or .tiff), you should convert it to a PNG or JPG file, which I believe is more acceptable to the Forum (along with the GIF format). Use an online graphics program that works in your browser ( ie Pixlr at link ). Upload the image and then do a "Save As" (in PNG or JPG) to your "Downloads" folder or some place you can find it later.
Then upload the new file to a free online image-hosting service. You will have to set up an account (that the FBI and CIA will monitor, alas) with the hosting service. They (the hosters, not the feds) will assign a link to that image that you can then post to the Forum To make the link appear as a photo, you have to paste the link after clicking onto the Forum's tiny picture frame ("Mona Lisa") icon among the icons that are above the "Reply" window.

Thanks, Jerry... I fumbled around and managed to post a link to the page in the booklet that displays the Letter From J. Edna Hoover to Lee Rankin....  The letter in which Hoover is lying his eyes out in denying that Lee Oswald was a PCI for the FBI.

https://zmail04-mta.peak.org/service/home/~/?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=5745&part=2
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 02:11:36 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 02:15:44 PM »
The "sling" shows that an "artist" worked on the photo....  Surely, everybody can see that there is no sling attached to the rifle...

Every photo presented of the particular pose shows a sling to a lesser or greater extent, depending on the quality of each. Jerry has presented a high quality version.

Google it and learn something

You lot are so desparate you'll bleat anything just to protect your batspombleprofglidnoctobuns crazy pet theories

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 02:15:44 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 02:28:10 PM »
Every photo presented of the particular pose shows a sling to a lesser or greater extent, depending on the quality of each. Jerry has presented a high quality version.

Google it and learn something

You lot are so desparate you'll bleat anything just to protect your batspombleprofglidnoctobuns crazy pet theories

My Dear Dumb ass...  The point is:....   There is no sling on the rifle in the photo ( CE 133A)  What appears as a "sling" in the photo is a ludicrous artist's idea of a sling that was added to the photo.   The version of the photo that Jerry presented makes this FACT very obvious.

The point is.... FBI photo experts examined the photo... They most certainly knew that what appeared to be a sling was added to the photo and is definitely an alteration of the photo...

Have you ever seen any official acknowledgement that the photo has been altered?