Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: WC Member's Views Confirmed By HSCA  (Read 36853 times)

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: WC Member's Views Confirmed By HSCA
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2019, 01:45:53 AM »
Advertisement
Could you please cite your source for it exiting at "about 1700 f/s"?

I was wrong. It was actually closer to 1800 f/s. From the WC testimony of Dr. Alfred Olivier:

Dr. OLIVIER. We determined the distance on various people by locating this anatomical region and using people of various sizes we found that regardless of general body build, the distance penetrated was around 13 1/2 to 14 1/2 cm. As a consequence, I used gelatin blocks 20 percent gelatin cut at 13 1/2 cm lengths and also used horsemeat and goatmeat placed in a box so that--this was a little harder to get the exact length but that varied between 13 1/2 and 14 1/2 cm. of muscle tissue.
Mr. SPECTER. Did that simulate, then, the portion of the President's body through which the bullet is reported to have passed, as closely as you could for your testing purposes?
Dr. OLIVIER. As closely as we could for these test purposes; yes.
Mr. SPECTER. What measurement was obtained as to the entrance velocity of the bullet at the distance of 60 yards which you described?
Dr. OLIVIER. The striking velocity at an average of three shots was 1,904 feet per second.
Mr. SPECTER. And what was the average exit velocity on each of the substances used?
Dr. OLIVIER. For the gelatin the average exit velocity was 1,779 feet persecond. The horsemeat, the average exit velocity was 1,798 feet per second. And the goatmeat the average exit velocity was 1,772 feet per second.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/olivier.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2019, 01:45:53 AM »

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2019, 01:49:57 AM »
I was wrong. It was actually closer to 1800 f/s.

Tim, Isn't it nice to occasionally be 'in error' when the actual evidence strengthens your position.

Thumb1:

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2019, 02:28:36 AM »
Tim, Isn't it nice to occasionally be 'in error' when the actual evidence strengthens your position.

Thumb1:

Give me time to get used to the feeling, since this is the first time I've ever been in error.  ;D  ;)

Damn, I miss the old emoticons.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2019, 02:28:36 AM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2019, 05:54:15 PM »
The true trajectory of the bullet has it exiting from just to the right of Jfk's midline and then traveling to the point entry on JBC'S back, which was most definitely to the right of his midline.
I am just pointing out that it is only true if you use ITEK's maximum distance that JBC was left of JFK's midline and add at least 3 inches. And you still have a problem fitting that to the witness evidence that JFK reacted to the first shot. An alternative explanation that does not conflict with consistent and well corroborated witness observations is available. It has the first bullet going to JBC's left side.

It is interesting, by the way that Dr. Olivier did not rule out JBC being hit in the back by a pristine bullet.

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2019, 10:29:07 PM »
So basically you have to assume what weapon fired the shot that struck Connally and where it was located (not to mention when Connally was hit) in order to estimate how fast it was going at the time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2019, 10:29:07 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2019, 10:50:01 PM »
Give me time to get used to the feeling, since this is the first time I've ever been in error.  ;D  ;)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:54:07 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2019, 11:04:28 PM »

Actually, now you have been in error at least twice.... :)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:29:32 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2019, 11:04:28 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2019, 11:22:54 PM »
I was wrong. It was actually closer to 1800 f/s. From the WC testimony of Dr. Alfred Olivier:

Dr. OLIVIER. We determined the distance on various people by locating this anatomical region and using people of various sizes we found that regardless of general body build, the distance penetrated was around 13 1/2 to 14 1/2 cm. As a consequence, I used gelatin blocks 20 percent gelatin cut at 13 1/2 cm lengths and also used horsemeat and goatmeat placed in a box so that--this was a little harder to get the exact length but that varied between 13 1/2 and 14 1/2 cm. of muscle tissue.
Mr. SPECTER. Did that simulate, then, the portion of the President's body through which the bullet is reported to have passed, as closely as you could for your testing purposes?
Dr. OLIVIER. As closely as we could for these test purposes; yes.
Mr. SPECTER. What measurement was obtained as to the entrance velocity of the bullet at the distance of 60 yards which you described?
Dr. OLIVIER. The striking velocity at an average of three shots was 1,904 feet per second.
Mr. SPECTER. And what was the average exit velocity on each of the substances used?
Dr. OLIVIER. For the gelatin the average exit velocity was 1,779 feet persecond. The horsemeat, the average exit velocity was 1,798 feet per second. And the goatmeat the average exit velocity was 1,772 feet per second.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/olivier.htm

Gelatin and goatmeat? Where does it reference the speed exiting JFK's throat? That is what I asked for.