Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The 1955 Lashbrook Wedding: What Kind of Subhuman Monsters Killed Frank Olson?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Advertisement
November 28, 1953: The "team" that dropped acid on coworker victim, Frank Olson, and subsequently violently
murdered Olson, reunited socially by the day of May 30, 1955 wedding of Dr Robert Lashbrook.

https://www.nytimes.com/1975/07/18/archives/excia-aide-says-scientist-who-died-knew-about-experiments-with-lsd.html
By JOSEPH B. TREASTER JULY 18, 1975

A former employe of the Central Intelligence Agency said yesterday he believed that
a scientist who plunged to, his death from a Manhattan hotel window 22 years ago
had knowingly participated in a C.I.A. experiment with LSD shortly before.
The statement by Robert V. Lashbrook in a telephone interview appeared to
contradict report by the Rockefeller commission that the drug had been given to the
scientist. Frank R. Olson, without his knowledge.
In describing the LSD incident, the Rockefeller panel did not identify the
scientist who died, but a colleague later told his widow and children that the scientist
was Mr. Olson. The family has announced its intentions to sue the C.I.A. for what it
calls Mr. Olson's ?wrongful death.?
Neither the family nor the police and officials of the Medical Examiner's office
who investigated the death were aware of Mr. Olson's exposure to the potent mind‐
altering drug until the Rockefeller commission's report was published last month.
Reached at his home in Orinda, Calif., James N. Roethe, the lawyer who.....

Both Phelan and Lambert were vehement Garrison critics.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1977/09/05/the-diaries-of-a-cia-operative/65b08a3e-c95a-434e-b1c6-c05f726a3a6f/?utm_term=.c0fd9ef8b2fa
The Diaries Of a CIA Operative
By John Jacobs and
Washington Post Staff Writer; FreeLance reporter Paul Avery contributed to this article. September 5, 1977
He was a "rock-em, sock-em cop not overly carried away with playing spook," according to a friend who knew him at the time. But the diaries and personal papers of the Central Intelligence Agency operative who ran "safe houses" in San Francisco and New York in which drug-addicted prostitutes gave LSD and other drugs to unsuspecting visitors tell a different story.

The diaries were kept by Col. George H. White, Alias Morgan Hall, a colorful federal narcotics agent and CIA "consultant" who died two years ago. They reveal new details, including names and dates, about the safe house project, dubbed "Operation Midnight Climax," which was part of the CIA's MK-ULTRA program in the 1950s and 1960s to manipulate human behavior......

....They also provide documentary evidence that White met to discuss drugs and safe houses with such CIA luminaries as Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, head of the Chemical Division of the Technical Services Division and the man who ran MK-ULTRA, and Dr. Robert V. Lashbrook, a CIA chemist who worked with LSD. Other high-ranking CIA officials mentioned prominently include Jame Angleton, C. P. Cabell and Stanley Lovell.

Gottleib and Lashbrook have been subpoenaed to testify Sept. 20 before a Senate subcommittee investigating the MK-ULTRA project.

"Gottlieb proposes I be CIA consultant and I agree." White wrote in his diary June 9, 1952. A year later it was confirmed: "CIA - got final clearance and sign contract as 'consultant' - met Gottlieb . . . lunch Napeleon's - met Anslinger."...
http://jfkfacts.org/the-cias-operation-midnight-climax-funded-an-acid-tripping-brothel-in-san-francisco/#comment-850439
Tom S.
January 17, 2016 at 2:37 am
My reply won?t fit here?. it centers around the coincidences of Clark Clifford?s family;
his uncle gave James D. Phelan his start in journalism, ten years employment at the Alton Telegraph before Phelan married a psychologist and moved to California, and the other Clifford
coincidences interfacing with Marina and Priscilla, and it explores the relationship between
Phelan and George White and Pierre Lafitte, author Albarelli?s accuracy, and the long interaction between Patricia Lambert and David Lifton. Why did Phelan and Lambert elect to spend so much time, more than 30 years apart, maligning the work and the reputation of Jim
Garrison. I don?t have many answers, but I do present some link supported information and observations. I don?t vouch for the quotes I linked from other blogs, but I use them to
explain background in the hope of moving the presentation along?.

Has Everyone Sold Out? More Questions than Answers About George White and James Phelan, et al

https://web.archive.org/web/20161103035104/tomscully.com/node/17

http://articles.latimes.com/1997/sep/10/news/mn-30846
James Phelan; Investigative Reporter, Author
September 10, 1997|DAVID HALDANE | TIMES STAFF WRITER
James Phelan, a crusty investigative reporter who played significant roles in uncovering some of the biggest stories of the last four decades and wrote the first major biography of Howard Hughes, has died at the age of 85.

"He was a dying breed," writer Patricia Lambert, a close friend, said of a man the New York Times once called one of the country's best investigative reporters. "The world is a sadder, barren place" without him.

Born in 1912 in Alton, Ill., Phelan grew up reading the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and dreaming of becoming a reporter. He got a job on his hometown paper, the Alton Evening Telegraph and, in 1947, moved to the West Coast to work for newspapers in Long Beach.

By 1954, chafing against the restrictions of newspaper writing, Phelan quit and became a freelancer. It was a portentous decision.....

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1955&dat=19550530&id=eQYrAAAAIBAJ&sjid=OZgFAAAAIBAJ&pg=4399,7483269&hl=en

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/1994/07/12/tests-contradict-us-story-of-mans-suicide/17be5717-77ca-41d5-9f50-359234dae5bc/?utm_term=.21a9bf662a8c
TESTS CONTRADICT U.S. STORY OF MAN'S SUICIDE
By Brian Mooar July 12, 1994
Preliminary results of a forensic examination appear to contradict government assertions that germ-warfare researcher Frank R. Olson, who died in 1953 after unwittingly taking LSD in a CIA experiment, jumped to his death from a Manhattan hotel.....

.......After his death, instead of calling for an ambulance or police, the CIA doctor in Olson's room, Robert Lashbrook, reportedly called a number on Long Island. Pastore said the conversation was overheard by a hotel operator, who relayed it to him.

"Well, he's gone," Lashbrook reportedly said.

"That's too bad," the other man replied, and both hung up, Pastore said.

Reached by telephone at his California home yesterday, Lashbrook said that converstation never took place.

"If I'd said what they claim I said," Lashbrook said, "do you think that the police would have thought it was a suicide and let things go?"
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:30:13 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum