Author Topic: The Real Magic Bullet  (Read 13484 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: The Real Magic Bullet
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 07:14:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
?? Powers was looking at the President's car for all the shots.

Do you have anything Powers said about the first shot besides the video made when he was older? The things he said when he was younger and/or in collaboration with O'Donnell seem to fail to mention such a profound thing.

Powers said he saw JFK move to his left and bring his right hand to his neck area in response to the first shot.

Powers could see Kennedy's throat?

Connally disappeared from his view on the second shot.  Powers then saw the third shot strike JFK in the head.

Where does Powers say Connally's "disappearing" was instantaneous. In the book with O'Donnell, they allow "at least five seconds" between the second and third shots. The time span between Z223 and Z313 is 4.9 seconds.

If Powers was not looking at JFK in the 180's that tells you that the 180's is before any of the shots.

No, it tells me one of his late-in-life accounts was a bit of an embellishments or false memory.

He does not begin to fall backward toward Nellie until after z280, or more than 3 seconds after z223.

Assuming Powers can see Connally in the Altgens photo at Z255, he can see the Governor has made a dramatic and sudden change in position and is clearly in distress (both Connallys said he was shot by the Z230s). The Governor, as I said, is slowing falling back towards Nellie. The fall accelerates after Z280.

JFK does not move left until after he disappears behind the Stemmons sign in the zfilm.

Well, they all "moved left" while they were behind the sign because all six are "closer" together seatwise between the span I show above. Now I think it may simply be the change in perspective. Shortly after Z225, Kennedy seems to be near enough to Mrs. Kennedy by Z255 that she can reach her left hand over to his left forearm.

I take it you don't agree with the Powers-O'Donnell book stating this about the shot span:

"I had just finished speaking when I heard shots, two close
     together and then a third one. There must have been an
     interval of at least five seconds between the third and
     last shot because, after the second shot, Dave said to me,
     "Kenny, I think the President's been shot."

You have a second shot in the Z270s, which is about 2 seconds before the 3rd shot at Z313. Right, Powers and O'Donnell don't align with your cherry-picked "consensus".

Offline Andrew Mason

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2017, 01:18:58 PM »
Do you have anything Powers said about the first shot besides the video made when he was older? The things he said when he was younger and/or in collaboration with O'Donnell seem to fail to mention such a profound thing.
From his You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login:
"Shortly thereafter the first shot went off and it sounded to me as if it were a firecracker. I noticed then that the President moved quite far to his left after the shot from the extreme the extreme right hand side where he had been sitting. There was a second shot and Governor Connally disappeared from sight and then there was a third shot which took off the top of the President’s head and had the sickening sound of a grape fruit splattering against the side of a wall. The total time between the first and third shots was about 5 or 6 seconds"

You have a second shot in the Z270s, which is about 2 seconds before the 3rd shot at Z313. Right, Powers and O'Donnell don't align with your cherry-picked "consensus".
No matter how you analyse his evidence, he says that JFK reacted to the first shot by moving left.  He is still far to the right when he disappears behind the Stemmons sign in the zfilm.  Powers' evidence cannot be reconciled with a first shot miss.

Offline Gary Craig

• "The human mind is our fundamental resource." JFK
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2017, 08:41:51 PM »
“Motorcade Cop Tells How It Happened,” Sunday News (New York), 24 November 1963
p.25:

Dallas, Nov. 23 (Special) - B. W. Hargis, 31, Dallas motorcycle patrolman who was riding
in President Kennedy’s motorcade, gave this account today of the assassination:

“We turned left onto Elm St. off Houston, about half a block from where it happened. I was
right alongside the rear fender on the left hand side of the President’s car, near Mrs. Kennedy.

When I heard the first explosion, I knew it was a shot. I thought that Gov. Connally had been
hit when I saw him turn toward the President with a real surprised look.

The President then looked like he was bent over or that he was leaning toward the Governor, talking to him.

As the President straightened back up, Mrs. Kennedy turned toward him, and that was when he got hit in the side of his head, spinning it around.

I was splattered with blood.

Then I felt something hit me. It could have been concrete or something, but I thought at first I might have been hit.

Then I saw the limousine stop, and I parked my motorcycle at the side of the road, got off and drew my gun.

Then this Secret Service agent (in the President’s car) got his wits about him and they took off. The
motorcycle officer on the right side of the car was Jim Chaney. He immediately went forward and announced to the chief that the President had been shot.”

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:52:06 PM
by Gary Craig
»

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2017, 08:02:32 PM »
p.25:

Dallas, Nov. 23 (Special) - B. W. Hargis, 31, Dallas motorcycle patrolman who was riding

“We turned left onto Elm St. off Houston, about half a block from where it happened. I was
right alongside the rear fender on the left hand side of the President’s car, near Mrs. Kennedy.

When I heard the first explosion, I knew it was a shot. I thought that Gov. Connally had been

The President then looked like he was bent over or that he was leaning toward the Governor, talking to him.

As the President straightened back up, Mrs. Kennedy turned toward him, and that was when he got hit in the side of his head, spinning it around.

Then I felt something hit me. It could have been concrete or something, but I thought at first I might have been hit.

Then I saw the limousine stop, and I parked my motorcycle at the side of the road, got off and drew my gun.

Then this Secret Service agent (in the President’s car) got his wits about him and they took off. The
motorcycle officer on the right side of the car was Jim Chaney. He immediately went forward and announced to the chief that the President had been shot.”

Notice that the man who was standing beside Hudson on the steps reacts faster than Clint Hill ......The man was running from the scene instantly....Nobody has those instant reactions unless they know what is happening.....

Offline Gary Craig

• "The human mind is our fundamental resource." JFK
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2017, 12:31:36 AM »
Notice that the man who was standing beside Hudson on the steps reacts faster than Clint Hill ......The man was running from the scene instantly....Nobody has those instant reactions unless they know what is happening.....

More importantly, IMO, is you can see that Officer Hargis's statement of getting splattered and hit so hard by debris from the JFK head shot that he thought he was hit himself , doesn't jibe with a bullet from the 6th floor SE corner TSBD.

He was riding to left rear of the limo.

The WC LN bullet allegedly comes from the right rear.

The "Grassy Knoll" makes more sense.

-----------------

p.25:

motorcycle officer on the right side of the car was Jim Chaney. He immediately went forward and announced to the chief that the President had been shot.”[/i

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:36:16 AM
by Gary Craig
»

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2017, 04:39:26 PM »
More importantly, IMO, is you can see that Officer Hargis's statement of getting splattered and hit so hard by debris from the JFK head shot that he thought he was hit himself , doesn't jibe with a bullet from the 6th floor SE corner TSBD.

He was riding to left rear of the limo.

The WC LN bullet allegedly comes from the right rear.

The "Grassy Knoll" makes more sense.

-----------------

p.25:

motorcycle officer on the right side of the car was Jim Chaney. He immediately went forward and announced to the chief that the President had been shot.”[/i

As the President straightened back up, Mrs. Kennedy turned toward him, and that was when he got hit in the side of his head, spinning it around. [/i]

he got hit in the side of his head, spinning it around. [

This is an accurate description of a heavy bullet striking a human head at a tangent......Secret Service agent Clint Hill said that when he climbed aboard the President's Lincoln he noticed a bullet hole in the President's right temple right at the hair line forward of the right ear......and the back of his head was blown out.

Officer Hargis described it perfectly..... "he got hit in the side of his head, spinning it around."

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2017, 08:46:12 PM »

As the President straightened back up, Mrs. Kennedy turned toward him, and that was when he got hit in the side of his head, spinning it around. [/i]

he got hit in the side of his head, spinning it around. [

This is an accurate description of a heavy bullet striking a human head at a tangent......Secret Service agent Clint Hill said that when he climbed aboard the President's Lincoln he noticed a bullet hole in the President's right temple right at the hair line forward of the right ear......and the back of his head was blown out.

Officer Hargis described it perfectly..... "he got hit in the side of his head, spinning it around."

Let's put aside you morphing the Hill description into both an entry and exit wound. You're basically right about the bullet path being tangential.

While the slope of the bullet path through the skull is tangential, some may argue a true tangential wound is caused by a bullet that deflects off the outside of the surface (skull, in this case). In Dealey Plaza, the missile went into the President's skull via the entry wound it created and exited through the large gaping exit wound.