Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A snapshot into the mind of Dr. Cyril Wecht  (Read 9098 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: A snapshot into the mind of Dr. Cyril Wecht
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2018, 01:53:41 AM »
Advertisement
The autopsy doctors said the entrance wound was slightly above and slightly to the right of the EOP.

The Clark Panel said well above, 100mm, the EOP.

That's two paths/wounds.

Or it may mean that someone is off by 100 mm or 4 inches.

I think the Clark Panel was off by 4 inches.

Metal Fragments can travel away through the brain and end up away from the bullet path.

If there were two bullets and bullets leave metal fragments along the path, why aren?t there two metal fragments paths?

What ballistic expert says that bullets do leave metal fragments that mark the path of the bullet? Experts who work with ballistic gel and run experiments to answer these questions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2018, 01:53:41 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2018, 02:03:22 AM »
I have observed that over the years the majority of WC critics have come from the left of the political spectrum. IMO, their political leanings have influenced in one form or another their view of the WC conclusions. To date I'm not aware of any criticism or rejection from the right of the conclusions reached by the WC other than that offered by Roger Stone with his theory that Lyndon Johnson was responsible for the assassination. The one common denominator that the most prominent WC critics have in common is that they're intelligent people. Of all the WC critics none I believe fit the intelligent balance sheet more than Dr. Cyril Wecht.( With this observation I'm revealing my bias toward those who are doctors in medicine whom I admire very much.) This is why I'm puzzled by the position taken by Dr. Cyril Wecht when it comes to the JFK assassination. There's no political angle that can be ascribed to his motive. At least none that I have seen.

A conspiracy in the Kennedy assassination appeals to both the extreme right and left wing. Anyone who is against Democracy and thinks we would be better off with a Communist dictatorship or a Fascist dictatorship.

Many CTers try to steer people into thinking that parts of the U. S. Government murdered President Kennedy. To get control of the government. And this same group controls the government to this day. If one can believe this one is halfway to convincing them that a non-secret dictatorship is maybe not worse than a secret dictatorship, which democracies seemed to be prone to falling under the control of.

Because extreme right wingers are in more disrepute than left wingers, I think most extreme right wingers keep silent on this, no wishing to harm the Pro-Conspiracy arguments. The left wingers are doing a good enough job convincing people that there was a conspiracy that they don?t need any help, and any help would be counter-productive.

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2018, 07:18:55 PM »
Or it may mean that someone is off by 100 mm or 4 inches.

I think the Clark Panel was off by 4 inches.

Metal Fragments can travel away through the brain and end up away from the bullet path.

If there were two bullets and bullets leave metal fragments along the path, why aren?t there two metal fragments paths?

What ballistic expert says that bullets do leave metal fragments that mark the path of the bullet? Experts who work with ballistic gel and run experiments to answer these questions.

"I think the Clark Panel was off by 4 inches."

Every government inquiry since the Clark Panel announced the 4 inch higher entrance wound in JFK's skull,

including the Rockefeller Commission and the HSCA, has agreed there was a bullet hole in the cowlick area.

Maybe you can share the information that shows they are incorrect.

"If there were two bullets and bullets leave metal fragments along the path, why aren?t there two metal fragments paths?"

I don't know.

My best guess would be that there were 2 different amunitions used. One left a metal trail,

one didn't.

Another possibility is the second shot hit the skull after it had been shattered and there wasn't enough

resistance to fragment it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2018, 07:18:55 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2018, 07:23:16 PM »
A conspiracy in the Kennedy assassination appeals to both the extreme right and left wing. Anyone who is against Democracy and thinks we would be better off with a Communist dictatorship or a Fascist dictatorship.

Many CTers try to steer people into thinking that parts of the U. S. Government murdered President Kennedy. To get control of the government. And this same group controls the government to this day. If one can believe this one is halfway to convincing them that a non-secret dictatorship is maybe not worse than a secret dictatorship, which democracies seemed to be prone to falling under the control of.

Because extreme right wingers are in more disrepute than left wingers, I think most extreme right wingers keep silent on this, no wishing to harm the Pro-Conspiracy arguments. The left wingers are doing a good enough job convincing people that there was a conspiracy that they don?t need any help, and any help would be counter-productive.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2018, 02:51:24 AM »
"I think the Clark Panel was off by 4 inches."

Every government inquiry since the Clark Panel announced the 4 inch higher entrance wound in JFK's skull,

including the Rockefeller Commission and the HSCA, has agreed there was a bullet hole in the cowlick area.
And every government inquiry since the Warren Commission agreed there was just one bullet that passed through the skull, not two. You just cherry pick the conclusions you like and ignore the rest.

Larry Sturdivan?s ?The JFK Myths? made a good case for the entry point being near the EOP, not the cowlick.

But what this or that government study said doesn?t matter. What would matter was if a real ballistic expert, and expert who runs real world experiments with ballistic gel, bone targets, etc. said that WCC/MC FMJ bullets can and do leave a trail of metal fragments along the bullet path.

Can you name such a ballistic expert? Does that ballistic expert show pictures and X-Rays that demonstrate this is so, maybe using a human skull or a model of a human skull as the target?

Larry Sturdivan made it clear that bullet fragments follow curved and unpredictable paths, so I would not expect the metal fragments to mark the path of the bullet. But if you know of a ballistic expert with a different opinion, please enlighten us.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2018, 02:51:24 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2018, 03:28:05 AM »

There was nothing 'premium' at all about that ration of hog wash ::)

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2018, 04:30:35 AM »

Both Gary Craig and Jerry Freeman seem to think my post was hogwash.

If so, can either of them name a dictator, a spokesman for a dictatorship, or anyone who believes a certain form dictatorship is the best form of government, who has said that they believe that Oswald alone killed President Kennedy?

Can they name even one?

The appeal of a conspiracy thinking to these people is obvious.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2018, 04:30:35 AM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2018, 04:54:48 AM »
Both Gary Craig and Jerry Freeman seem to think my post was hogwash.

If so, can either of them name a dictator, a spokesman for a dictatorship, or anyone who believes a certain form dictatorship is the best form of government, who has said that they believe that Oswald alone killed President Kennedy?

Can they name even one?

The appeal of a conspiracy thinking to these people is obvious.

::)

"...Popular belief in a conspiracy was widespread within a week of Kennedy's murder. Between November 25 and 29, 1963, University of Chicago pollsters asked more than 1,000 Americans whom they thought was responsible for the president's death. By then, the chief suspect, Oswald -- a leftist who had lived for a time in Soviet Union -- had been shot dead while in police custody by Jack Ruby, a local hoodlum with organized crime connections.

While the White House, the FBI, and the Dallas Police Department all affirmed that Oswald had acted alone, 62 percent of respondents said they believed that more than one person was involved in the assassination. Only 24 percent thought Oswald had acted alone. Another poll taken in Dallas during the same week found 66 percent of respondents believing that there had been a plot. There were no JFK conspiracy theories in print at that time..."

"...many senior U.S. officials concluded that there had been a plot but rarely talked about it openly.
Kennedy's successor, Lyndon Johnson, publicly endorsed the Warren Commissions conclusion that Oswald acted alone. Privately, LBJ told many people, ranging from Atlantic contributor Leo Janos to CIA director Richard Helms, that he did not believe the lone-gunman explanation.

The president's brother Robert and widow Jacqueline also believed that he had been killed by political enemies, according to historians Aleksandr Fursenko and Tim Naftali. In their 1999 book on the Cuban missile crisis, One Hell of a Gamble: Khrushchev, Castro, and Kennedy, 1958-1964, they reported that William Walton -- a friend of the First Lady -- went to Moscow on a previously scheduled trip a week after JFK's murder. Walton carried a message from RFK and Jackie for their friend, Georgi Bolshakov, a Russian diplomat who had served as a back-channel link between the White House and the Kremlin during the October 1962 crisis: RFK and Jackie wanted the Soviet leadership to know that "despite Oswald's connections to the communist world, the Kennedys believed that the president was felled by domestic opponents."

In the Senate, Democrats Richard Russell of Georgia and Russell Long of Louisiana both rejected official accounts of the assassination. In the executive branch, Joseph Califano, the General Counsel of Army in 1963 and later Secretary of Health Education and Welfare, concluded that Kennedy had been killed by a conspiracy.* In the White House, H.R. Haldeman, chief of staff to President Richard Nixon,
wanted to reopen the JFK investigation in 1969. Nixon wasn't interested.

Suspicion persisted in the upper echelons of the U.S. national security agencies, as well. Col. L. Fletcher Prouty, chief of Pentagon special operations in 1963 (and later an adviser to Stone), believed that there had been a plot.

Winston Scott, chief of the CIA's station in Mexico City at the time of Kennedy's murder and an ultra-conservative Agency loyalist, rejected the Warren Commission's findings about a trip that Oswald had taken to Mexico six weeks before the assassination. Scott concluded in an unpublished memoir that Oswald had, indeed, been just a patsy.

None of these figures was a paranoid fantasist. To the contrary, they constituted a cross section of the American power elite in 1963. Neither did they talk about a JFK conspiracy for public consumption; they talked about it only reservedly, in confined circles..."

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/11/the-kennedy-assassination-47-years-later-what-do-we-really-know/66722/