Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 55 years later...  (Read 15784 times)

Offline Allan Fritzke

Re: 55 years later...
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2018, 03:15:24 AM »
Advertisement
Allan, in reply #13 I asked if you could provide this august forum with your opinion on how Oswald got the job at the book depository. It's just a simple question that deserves to be the subject for discussion and debate, particularly since, IMHO, you brought it up with the implied purpose of it having sinister motives. I would appreciate a reply addressing this subject only.

So....you want to base it on the mcadams post of 1996?

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/leejob2.txt

"Lee made a favorable impression upon Roy Truly and got the job:

He seemed quiet and well mannered. ... [he filled out an
   application]  And he told me - I asked him about
   experience that he had had, or where he had worked, and
   he said he had just served his term in the Marine Corps
   and had received an honorable discharge, and he listed
   some things of an office nature that he had learned
   to do in the Marines.

I questioned him about any past activities.  I asked him
   if he had ever had any trouble with the police, and he
   said no.  So thinking that he was just out of the Marines,
   I didn't check any further back.  I didn't have anything
   of a permanent nature in mind for him.  He looked like
   a nice young fellow to me - he was quiet and well mannered.
   He used the word "sir", you know, which a lot of them
   don't do at this time.

So I told him if he would come to work on the morning
   of the 16th, it was the beginning of a new pay period.
    (3H214-214)

Young Lee helped himself by lying about his past, during the interview
with Truly and on the job application."

It seems that this should have been a VERY VERY important piece of information that should not have been too hard to produce at the time of the assassination, fill out a job application with lies on it but can't produce it for the investigation 5 weeks later?

This certainly should have been one of the most important pieces of the evidence puzzle that an investigator would have looked at in a real investigation at the time and found that in Truly's filing cabinet.  Or was it something he read and shredded it - not keeping it?   Just as important would be to have looked at LHO bank accounts and tax returns to determine how he was funding trips to Russia and so on and whose payroll he was on.  The money trail could have told you alot about his activities and when and where he withdrew money.  Who cares about ordering a Carcano rifle out of the "Klein's mail order service" under the name of J. Hidell!     33 years after the fact,  we have Mcadams digging around and not producing a job application by LHO that would have been about 5 weeks old at the time of the assassination.  I wonder how he signed that one -HOL?!

Find that job application please, Mr. Navarro, authenticate please and we will discuss whether it was more than rhetoric.  That document is more important than his mail order for a gun 5 months before and would have been kept on file in Mr. Truly's office surely!  They can find all sorts of paper trails on the Carcano!    That is a very important factual piece of evidence to uncover as well.  The mail order document was easily found - alias name or not!  Why not the job application form?   We need more than a "she said he said report", typed up and presented as the evidence.    Wouldn't an investigative team want to know all that or do you just keep on following the trail by have someone drop carrots along the way to guide the herd of rabbits, (sometimes known as a warren!)?   
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 03:19:03 AM by Allan Fritzke »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2018, 03:15:24 AM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2018, 03:16:57 AM »
You?re playing the same old games once again.  I repeated the findings of the HSCA.  I personally did not initiate that finding. Experts in the photographic sciences did.  You of course know this.  Yet, you again ask me the same question, which as I previously stated, I do not have the educational expertise to respond to how they achieved their findings.  Am I curious how they concluded what they did?  Not in the least. Hence, my follow up question which you conviently ignored. If there are experts who dispute the findings of the HSCA photographic panel, who are they and what are their qualifications?

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2018, 03:46:48 AM »
The HSCA Photographic Panel studied CE-133A, CE-133B, the negative of CE-133B and Oswald's camera (among many other items related to the photos, such as first generation prints of CE-133C).

The panel first performed a visual inspection of the photos, by use magnifiers and microscopes.  During this inspection, the panel made enlargements of the photos using various exposures and ranges of contrast.  These enlargements produced prints which ranged from very light to very dark.  In the darkest parts of the photos, the detail could be seen best in the lighter prints.  In the lightest parts of the photos, the detail could be seen best in the darker prints.  The panel felt this was the best opportunity of detecting any evidence of falsification anywhere in the pictures.

The panel also used digital image processing to determine if there were any unnatural edge lines or differences in grain structure or contrast.

Both photos (CE-133a and CE-133B) were also studied by the panel using stereoscopic techniques, which allowed the panel to see the photos in 3-D.  This method will detect forgeries in prints because it produces a photographic copy of a photograph.
 When viewed in stereo, these copies will not project a three-dimensional image unless made from different viewpoints along the same axis.  Retouching of the original photo can be detected when two photos depicting the same scene are viewed in stereo, the retouched print will not be on the same plane in which it should be lying; the items seen in the photo will be either in front of the plane or behind the plane.  Because of this, when viewed stereoscopically, fakery can easily be detected.

One final method the panel used to examine the photos was photogrammetrically.

Using all of these methods, the HSCA Photographic Panel detected no signs of forgery.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2018, 03:46:48 AM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2018, 03:54:54 AM »
Thanks for that Bill.  Martin, a layman?s response.

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2018, 04:33:29 AM »
The HSCA Photographic Panel studied CE-133A, CE-133B, the negative of CE-133B and Oswald's camera (among many other items related to the photos, such as first generation prints of CE-133C).

The panel first performed a visual inspection of the photos, by use magnifiers and microscopes.  During this inspection, the panel made enlargements of the photos using various exposures and ranges of contrast.  These enlargements produced prints which ranged from very light to very dark.  In the darkest parts of the photos, the detail could be seen best in the lighter prints.  In the lightest parts of the photos, the detail could be seen best in the darker prints.  The panel felt this was the best opportunity of detecting any evidence of falsification anywhere in the pictures.

The panel also used digital image processing to determine if there were any unnatural edge lines or differences in grain structure or contrast.

Both photos (CE-133a and CE-133B) were also studied by the panel using stereoscopic techniques, which allowed the panel to see the photos in 3-D.  This method will detect forgeries in prints because it produces a photographic copy of a photograph.
 When viewed in stereo, these copies will not project a three-dimensional image unless made from different viewpoints along the same axis.  Retouching of the original photo can be detected when two photos depicting the same scene are viewed in stereo, the retouched print will not be on the same plane in which it should be lying; the items seen in the photo will be either in front of the plane or behind the plane.  Because of this, when viewed stereoscopically, fakery can easily be detected.

One final method the panel used to examine the photos was photogrammetrically.

Using all of these methods, the HSCA Photographic Panel detected no signs of forgery.

So they confirmed that the photos weren?t altered but they could not confirm that the photos weren?t staged or JFK?s corpse altered. Correct?

I?m agnostic on the body alteration theories. I accept the expert opinions that the photos haven?t been altered but also think people who were present at the autopsy who cast doubt on the photos shouldn?t be ignored.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2018, 04:33:29 AM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2018, 04:38:33 AM »
Shouldn?t be ignored? Medical and ballistic evidence trumps witnesses every time.  What do you suggest be done with them?

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2018, 04:41:16 AM »
Shoot.  I think I wasn't paying close enough attention.  I was referring to the study on the backyard photos, not the autopsy photos.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2018, 04:41:16 AM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2018, 04:43:10 AM »
Same result Bill.