Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 55 years later...  (Read 15779 times)

Offline Paul May

Re: 55 years later...
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2018, 10:11:07 PM »
Advertisement
These people were NOT experts for LHO.  They were experts in the photographic sciences.  You don?t understand the difference?

Harry C. Andrews, Ph.D., Image Proecessing Institute, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Calif.
David B. Eisendrath, B.A. consultant in technical and scientific Photography, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Richard J. Blackwell, B.S.M.S. Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.
Ronald Francis, Ph. D. School of Photographic Sciences, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
Thomas N. Canning, B.S.M.S., National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Moffett Field, Calif.
Robert Chiralo, B.S., M.S. the Aerospace Corp., Los Angeles, Calif.
William K. Hartmann. B.S. M.S., Ph.D., senior scientist, Planetary Science Institute, Tucson, Ariz.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2018, 10:11:07 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2018, 11:29:30 PM »
Are you stating the group that authenticated on behalf of the HSCA were all wrong?

Paul,

How exactly did they authenticate the autopsy photos?

Offline Paul May

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2018, 02:33:58 AM »
Martin, that?s no different than asking me how brain surgery is performed.  I don?t have the technical expertise/language to give a layman?s response. Nor would I try to do so. Way above my pay grade.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2018, 02:33:58 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2018, 02:39:39 AM »

Martin, that?s no different than asking me how brain surgery is performed.  I don?t have the technical expertise/language to give a layman?s response. Nor would I try to do so. Way above my pay grade.

Fair enough, I guess, but since you claimed they authenticated the autopsy pictures, shouldn't you at least have some idea what it is that they authenticated?

When I read what you wrote, the first thought that came in my mind was; how in the world can you authenticate a photograph as genuine without being able to compare it to the original (in this case the President's body) that was photographed?

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2018, 02:44:24 AM »
Hell, we don't even have enough evidence to prove Oswald knew prior to 11/22/63 that Kennedy's parade route would pass TSBD :

Mr. JARMAN: Well, he was standing up in the window and I went to the window also, and he asked me what were the people gathering around on the corner for, and I told him that the President was supposed to pass that morning, and he asked me did I know which way he was coming, and I told him, yes; he probably come down Main and turn on Houston and then back again on Elm. Then he said, "Oh, I see," and that was all.

We also know that Oswald was a confirmed liar and manipulator so his comment to Junior must be taken with a grain of salt the size of Manhattan Island.

In my opinion, in that brief conversation with Jarman, it is obvious that Oswald was feigning ignorance.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2018, 02:44:24 AM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2018, 02:45:28 AM »
I made no such claim. The HSCA did. How this was accomplished, I have no idea nor will I attempt to guess. I?ve not seen over the years any photo experts disputing their claims. If you know of any, provide their names and resume?s.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2018, 03:02:37 AM »
I made no such claim. The HSCA did. How this was accomplished, I have no idea nor will I attempt to guess. I?ve not seen over the years any photo experts disputing their claims. If you know of any, provide their names and resume?s.

I made no such claim.

Didn't you? Then who wrote this;

As an example, a group of independent photo experts, the best America had at the time authenticated the autopsy photos as Real. REAL. 

The HSCA did. How this was accomplished, I have no idea nor will I attempt to guess.

So, you just accepted the HSCA's word for it, without ever wondering what exactly was authenticated and how it was done?

It seems to me, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that you can only authenticate a photograph as real when you are able to compare it with the original of whatever is shown in the picture. And, btw, what about the lady (forgot her name) who developed the autopsy pictures and later, when shown the pictures now in the National Archives, denied those were the pictures she had developed.

How is it possible to authenticate photos as being real when the person who developed them denies their authenticity?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2018, 03:02:37 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2018, 03:11:11 AM »
Shaneyfelt analyzed CE-133A and CE-133B, along with the original negative of CE-133B... and the Imperial Reflex duo lens camera (Marina testified that she used that cameras to take the photos).

When a photo is taken, the camera leaves unique markings on the margins of the negative.  Shaneyfelt stated that these markings left on the negative of CE-133B were identical with markings left on the margins of the negative of a test photo which he took using that camera.

The negative of CE-133A was not available.

Shaneyfelt also examined both photos under magnification and found no signs of retouching.

There were variations of CE-133A and CE-133B that appeared in Life magazine (among others).  Shaneyfelt testified that when the photos appeared in Life magazine, they had been retouched, which is a common process used on photos when reproducing before publishing.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 03:13:22 AM by Bill Brown »