Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 55 years later...  (Read 15771 times)

Offline Jon Banks

Re: 55 years later...
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2018, 07:12:27 AM »
Advertisement
From the "about the author" blurb for that article:

"Lauren J. Young is Science Friday?s digital producer. When she?s not shelving books as a library assistant, she?s adding to her impressive Pez dispenser collection."

That resume' doesn't exactly inspire a great deal of confidence in her expertise on the subject matter.

He?s not alone though. There?s a whole movement among scientists to expose the flaws in Forensic ?Science?.

Law Enforcement and Prosecutors over-sell the reliability of most methods in Forensics.

All of that put together still doesn't invalidate the other methods in use. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I agree but there are a few things we can throw out with regards to the Kennedy assassination investigations like the NAA Lead Analysis and the Hair and Fiber Analysis.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2018, 07:12:27 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2018, 07:22:42 AM »
Bill, that is a circular argument of sorts!  A dog chasing it's tail never catches it!

In the meantime, if you have evidence revealing that anybody but the shooter knew there was to be an attempt made on Kennedy that day, by all means do post it.

Don't sidetrack.  Answer my question!!  How can you conduct a proper investigation of any event if you are in charge of it,  part of it and are investigating yourself even though you were part of the crime scene?    Think about it.  If you are in charge of the entire investigation (of yourself nonetheless),  how is the process not biased?

A proper investigation would have involved an independent inquiry into his death, something which was circumvented by those SS players involved.  By removing the body, vehicle etc. out of the hands of the Texas jurisdiction, you are bypassing protocol and the rule of law!   That is what happened in this case!  Why not let a standard lawful investigation run its course.   If you are innocent, you have nothing to fear by the process.  However, if you are guilty, I guess you don't want that investigation to take place!

The conspiracy comes in from the fact that you allow Greer and Kellerman to be part of the investigation team.  These are possible suspects.  These were people at the very crime scene!  Post independent agents instead.   How did the "Navy Corpsman" get in there with a camera and then have his rolls of film destroyed?  Who was controlling this scene?  We know who was controlling the crime scene and it certainly wasn't the President!

I would argue that you and your ilk are the ones coming up with distractions: The simple fact is that no one can show that anyone but the shooter knew there was to be an attempt made on Kennedy that day.

You may claim that my point is off topic but in reality it underscores every topic on every JFK forum whether you lot like it or not.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 07:40:24 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2018, 08:09:29 AM »
I would argue that you and your ilk are the ones coming up with distractions: The simple fact is that no one can show that anyone but the shooter knew there was to be an attempt made on Kennedy that day.

There are unconfirmed claims of people expressing knowledge of an attempt on Kennedy's life being imminent in the days and weeks prior to 11/22/63.

Some or all of those claims may lack credibility but I'm not confident enough to say that Oswald is the only one who knew Kennedy would be shot that day.

Hell, we don't even have enough evidence to prove Oswald knew prior to 11/22/63 that Kennedy's parade route would pass TSBD :

Mr. JARMAN: Well, he was standing up in the window and I went to the window also, and he asked me what were the people gathering around on the corner for, and I told him that the President was supposed to pass that morning, and he asked me did I know which way he was coming, and I told him, yes; he probably come down Main and turn on Houston and then back again on Elm. Then he said, "Oh, I see," and that was all.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2018, 08:09:29 AM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2018, 02:43:38 PM »
There are unconfirmed claims of people expressing knowledge of an attempt on Kennedy's life being imminent in the days and weeks prior to 11/22/63.

Some or all of those claims may lack credibility but I'm not confident enough to say that Oswald is the only one who knew Kennedy would be shot that day.

Hell, we don't even have enough evidence to prove Oswald knew prior to 11/22/63 that Kennedy's parade route would pass TSBD :

Mr. JARMAN: Well, he was standing up in the window and I went to the window also, and he asked me what were the people gathering around on the corner for, and I told him that the President was supposed to pass that morning, and he asked me did I know which way he was coming, and I told him, yes; he probably come down Main and turn on Houston and then back again on Elm. Then he said, "Oh, I see," and that was all.

We also know that Oswald was a confirmed liar and manipulator so his comment to Junior must be taken with a grain of salt the size of Manhattan Island.

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2018, 02:53:04 PM »
Allan, in reply #13 I asked if you could provide this august forum with your opinion on how Oswald got the job at the book depository. It's just a simple question that deserves to be the subject for discussion and debate, particularly since, IMHO, you brought it up with the implied purpose of it having sinister motives. I would appreciate a reply addressing this subject only.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2018, 02:53:04 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2018, 04:09:49 PM »

We also know that Oswald was a confirmed liar and manipulator so his comment to Junior must be taken with a grain of salt the size of Manhattan Island.

I don?t think one incident alone exonerates Oswald but why did he give the impression that he was unaware of the event planned for that day? I?ve never seen a satisfactory answer...

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2018, 04:25:09 PM »
I don?t think one incident alone exonerates Oswald but why did he give the impression that he was unaware of the event planned for that day? I?ve never seen a satisfactory answer...

I just provided the answer. Oswald was a manipulator and likely made that comment to Junior to sow the seeds of doubts.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2018, 04:25:09 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2018, 04:59:20 PM »
I just provided the answer. Oswald was a manipulator and likely made that comment to Junior to sow the seeds of doubts.

But why choose Jarman? Why not Roy Truly or Wesley Frazier who would more likely have been expected to be witnesses?

If Lee was such a smart criminal that he was manufacturing Doubt before committing the crime, why did he allegedly do dumb stuff like walk around with an Identification Card that linked him to the purchase of the rifle?

It seems that some try to have it both ways with Oswald. One minute, he?s a deranged and irrational guy who is unable to hide his animosity towards Gen Edwin Walker from his family and friends. The next minute, he?s a manipulative and clever criminal who deliberately avoided giving any hints that he disliked JFK or wanted to harm the President.