Author Topic: Fort Worth Star-Telegram JFK photos  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Denis Morissette

Fort Worth Star-Telegram JFK photos
« on: January 08, 2017, 06:17:16 AM »
I inquired about all the Fort-Worth Star-Telegram taken before and after the assassination. Two of their photographers were George Smith who photographed the Tramps and a few photos on the 6th floor at around 3 or 4PM. The other is Harry Cabluck who took photos in Dealey Plaza after the shooting. Harry's brother took photos from an airplane... All their JFK photos were donated to the University of Texas in Arlington where visitors can go to and ask to see all their non-catalogued photos. I wish I had known that when I was in Dallas!

I've just created a PDF file on my website of all the catalogued photos. Before retiring of the JFK research, the whereabouts of these photos were one of the things I wanted to established.

Pre-assassination:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Post assassination:

Offline Denis Morissette

Re: Fort Worth Star-Telegram JFK photos
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 06:16:54 AM »
Tomorrow is a busy day. I'm calling people who could help me find never-seen-before photographs taken on the 6th floor and in Dealey Plaza. I will also call a person who was on the 6th floor during the search of the assassins.

Offline Patrick Jackson

• There Was No Assassination.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 05:59:19 PM »
Tomorrow is a busy day. I'm calling people who could help me find never-seen-before photographs taken on the 6th floor and in Dealey Plaza. I will also call a person who was on the 6th floor during the search of the assassins.

Denis, I was always focused on photos, not on testimonies and it is fascinating to see new photos, never seen before. One can only imagine how many more photos are out there.
Thank you for this new ones.
BR
PJ

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 07:59:57 PM »
I've made a few calls today, not able to reach anyone. I've decided to write to a 6th floor witness, and gave him my email address so he examines the images I want him to see. I've sent a message to the organisation that seems to have all the Daily Texan photos. Would be nice if they found the ones they took on the 6th floor. Their photographeris next to William Allen in the Owens film.

Offline Sim Heninger

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 08:51:57 PM »
go get em Denis

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 04:25:55 AM »
I've found where they store the Daily Texan photos. I messaged them. I hope they find something. According to Linda Zambanini, their photographer Jim Seymour had a very good camera. I see him taking a close-up photo of Oswald when he was brought into a room. In the meantime, I ordered photocopies of 2 Daily Texan issues that might have photos. They should arrive this week.

I sent a letter to the person who was on the 6th floor. I gave him my email address and asked him to look at my photo blog. If he does not reply, I'll call him.

I emailed the Reproduction Department of the Houston Chronicle. Their photos are of the best quality of all the professional photographers on that day. Those at Parkland are so clear. Their photographer Art Uhlmann most likely took pictures of the TSBD employees put into a police car.