Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: For Martin Weidmann, re: Validity of Evidence  (Read 8688 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: For Martin Weidmann, re: Validity of Evidence
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2018, 08:11:23 PM »
Advertisement
I'll add that it seems to me that someone who expects help, someone who is part of a larger conspiracy involving powerful elements or figures wouldn't shoot a police officer. Not in broad daylight, not in such an obvious manner.

Oswald's shooting of Tippit was the act of a desperate person, someone essentially fighting for his life. It's why he didn't worry about hiding the shells.

It's impossible here to prove a negative: that is prove that Oswald didn't have help. But if he did have help they must not have been people who he thought could free him if caught. Otherwise why blow away Tippit?

Lee Oswald DID NOT "blow away" Tippit!.....

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:41:27 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2018, 08:11:23 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 11:51:02 PM »
I'll add that it seems to me that someone who expects help, someone who is part of a larger conspiracy involving powerful elements or figures wouldn't shoot a police officer. Not in broad daylight, not in such an obvious manner.

Oswald's shooting of Tippit was the act of a desperate person, someone essentially fighting for his life. It's why he didn't worry about hiding the shells.

It's impossible here to prove a negative: that is prove that Oswald didn't have help. But if he did have help they must not have been people who he thought could free him if caught. Otherwise why blow away Tippit?

My post is in response to the OP: Oswald was the only person identified at the scene during both murders... therefore is valid evidence.

Aside from that, it seems to me Oswald was winging it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:55:21 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 05:19:15 AM »
List various pieces of evidence that you think point to Oswald's guilt and define what you mean by "authentic".

Again, would you mind listing a piece of evidence in the case, which points to Oswald's guilt, that you DO consider authentic?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 05:19:15 AM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2018, 08:12:35 PM »
Let me point out that Lee Harvey Oswald was the only person on the face of the earth who can be identified as being on the scene during both murders

That would depend on what you think constitutes "identified".

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2018, 08:16:15 PM »
Again, would you mind listing a piece of evidence in the case, which points to Oswald's guilt, that you DO consider authentic?

I'm taking you up on your offer:

Or, if you'd rather, I can list various pieces of evidence and you can let me know if you accept it as valid or not.

I'm pretty sure we disagree on what constitutes "evidence pointing to Oswald's guilt".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2018, 08:16:15 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2018, 02:35:33 PM »

I?m inclined to believe Oswald shot Tippet but you can?t rule out a Conspiracy just based on the assumption that one guy was involved in two murders.

With that said, we don?t know where Oswald was going when Tippet stopped him or why Tippet got out of his car to approach Oswald. It?s plausible that Oswald was attempting to meet up with someone before the encounter with Tippet. I don?t believe the Texas Theatre was where he had originally intended to go...

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 02:48:39 PM by Jon Banks »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2018, 03:54:47 PM »
I?m inclined to believe Oswald shot Tippet but you can?t rule out a Conspiracy just based on the assumption that one guy was involved in two murders.

With that said, we don?t know where Oswald was going when Tippet stopped him or why Tippet got out of his car to approach Oswald. It?s plausible that Oswald was attempting to meet up with someone before the encounter with Tippet. I don?t believe the Texas Theatre was where he had originally intended to go...

we don?t know where Oswald was going when Tippet stopped him or why Tippet got out of his car to approach Oswald.

The man that Helen Markham saw JD Tippit tailing was walking EAST on the sidewalk on the south side of 10th street. When Markham first saw the man being tailed by Tippit he was walking east between Crawford street and Patton  street...and not far from Patton street.  Mrs Markham did not see the man puking, or gasping for breath, as an out of shape person would have been doing if they had just ran full tilt for over a mile, in a few minutes.

P.S. I forgot to point out that Lee's room at 1026 N Beckley was about one mile EAST WESTof 10th and Patton... but the man was walking NORTH EAST ....Which would have been TOWARD the rooming house, not away from it....

Actually the intersection of 10th & Patton is only about three blocks east of the roominghouse and about 8 blocks south ..

It is more accurate to say that 10th and Patton is about a mile ( walking distance) SE of the rooming house. 

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 02:34:36 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2018, 03:54:47 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2018, 01:35:01 PM »
10th & Patton is east of the rooming house.