Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: At which Zframe was JFK clear of the oak tree from the SN?  (Read 9284 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: At which Zframe was JFK clear of the oak tree from the SN?
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2018, 06:40:16 PM »
Advertisement
::) fA few observations. 1. It looks like you are super-imposing the tree as it appeared in May 1964. 
The tree is from the same film (the one referenced in the OP), just a later sequence with better resolution because it's filmed through a scope.

There are significant differences. In the Secret Service film we can see both taillights, whereas in yours they are obscured, for example.   
I don't mind that much you wasting my time. My wife doesn't mind you wasting my time. But my cat ... my cat minds you wasting my time.

2. The position of the JFK stand-in in the recreation is farther inboard than JFK's position in the limo.

Then I guess we're both working under the same handicap. But the sequence from the film you've been posting shows the reenactment car some distance from the lane stripe. The 1964 FBI reenactment shows the path of the car should be obstructing view of the stripe from the SN in that area. So the 1963 reenactment car is too far camera-right of the stripe in your film sequence (a bit less far away in the scope sequence).

3. The difference between the positions of the car in your first and second sets of close-ups is about the length of the front wheel. That is about two frames.
You seem to me to be measuring a vertical shift within the 2D camera plane and not an oblique passage through space in 3D.

Note the front of the car is short of the upper yellow line that you superimposed. By time Kennedy is clearing away from the foliage, the base of the windshield is at the yellow line. About 7 to 8 feet, which includes the space that was in front of the car and the length of the front of the car to the base of the windshield.

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: At which Zframe was JFK clear of the oak tree from the SN?
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2018, 06:40:16 PM »