Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How Could LHO Walk One Mile After Leaving His Room & Shoot A Cop In 13 Minutes?  (Read 42123 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Advertisement
They did. How long is he supposed to have stood around?
Let's say, for argument's sake, two minutes. . . .
Let's say, for argument's sake, half a minute...

Which is the more reasonable estimate of the time Earlene Roberts, the housekeeper, observe Oswald at the bus stop?

Now remember, when Oswald came in, she was turning on the TV because she heard that the president had been shot. With about the biggest story of her lifetime, would she turn away from the TV to observe Oswald waiting at a bus stop? For 2 minutes? For 30 seconds? For any amount of time?

Earlene Roberts affidavit of December 5, 1963:

?Oswald went out the front door. A moment later I looked out the window. I
saw Lee Oswald standing on the curb at the bus stop just to the right, and on the
same side of the street as our house. I just glanced out the window that once.
I don?t know how long Lee Oswald stood at the curb nor did I see which direction
he went when he left there.?

Of course the amount of time Earlene Roberts observed Oswald at the curb is the amount we would expect, about 1 or 2 seconds.

Earlene Roberts said she saw Oswald standing on the curb at the bus stop, maybe waiting for a bus or taking a moment to decide on what to do next.
Earlene Roberts did not know if he stood there for five seconds, thirty seconds, two minutes or ten minutes? She only glanced at him. Naturally, she was mostly concentrating on the TV.

The only way to prove that Oswald did not have enough time to walk to the Officer Tippit murder scene is to assume, for argument sake, that Oswald waited for a certain amount of time, like two minutes. Heck, why not assume, for argument?s sake, twenty minutes? Then he couldn?t have made it without a time machine.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

The only way to prove that Oswald did not have enough time to walk to the Officer Tippit murder scene is to assume, for argument sake, that Oswald waited for a certain amount of time, like two minutes. Heck, why not assume, for argument?s sake, twenty minutes? Then he couldn?t have made it without a time machine.

No more arbitrary than assuming for argument's sake that he made it to 10th and Patton in 11 minutes (or in 3 minutes).

Offline Bill Chapman

What would be you is stealing Bugliosi's rhetoric without attribution.

WOW. Johnny the Quibbler sticking up for Bugliosi... who'da thunk it? Nice try, but Bug's famous split hairs thang is deeply entrenched in assassination research culture hereabouts.

Tell ya what: You can use my brilliant 'Dirty Harvey' reference (Smith, Wesson... and Lee) and you won't have to attribute to me.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:39:27 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

WOW. Johnny the Quibbler sticking up for Bugliosi... who'da thunk it? Nice try, but Bug's famous split hairs thang is deeply entrenched in assassination research culture hereabouts.

Tell ya what: You can use my brilliant 'Dirty Harvey' reference (Smith, Wesson... and Lee) and you won't have to attribute to me.  ;)

Methinks you overestimate your own brilliance.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

Offline Bill Chapman

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: How Could LHO Walk One Mile After Leaving His Room & Shoot A Cop In 13 Minutes?
? Reply #119 on: November 02, 2018, 06:58:26 PM ?
ReplyQuote
Quote from: John Iacoletti on November 02, 2018, 05:19:29 PM
Yes, I can read.  Can you?  Seeing a policeman fall is not the same thing as seeing the policeman being shot.

Stop playing games.

Seeing the policeman actually fall down clearly indicates that the shooter would still be looking at the victim and most likely continuing to point the revolver at him, not knowing if his target had been rendered ineffective or not. This seeming fear & uncertainty is confirmed when ProbablyOswald then made sure by shooting the poor dumb cop in the head.

Again, point out where I said BENEVIDES said he saw Oswald shoot Tippit in the head. Did Oswald not walk after shooting the officer in the body, then come back and shoot him in the head?

Offline John Iacoletti

Again, point out where I said BENEVIDES said he saw Oswald shoot Tippit in the head. Did Oswald not walk after shooting the officer in the body, then come back and shoot him in the head?

I don't think you've demonstrated that Oswald did anything.

Maybe the question you should be asking is why didn't Markham, Benavides, Scoggins, etc, see this alleged "come back and shoot him in the head"?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jerry Freeman

Once again---- **Official timeline review [bold emphasis mine]......
1:00 PM: LHO arrives on foot at his rooming house, where he [changes his clothes... and then presumably] retrieves his pistol [and presumably gathers whatever bullets might be laying around].
1:03 PM: LHO leaves the rooming house [and is last seen at the bus stop on the north side of his rooming house].
1:16 PM: LHO [presumably... after walking south on N. Beckley Ave aimlessly to a random location is stopped and confronted by this patrolman who talks with him at some length then exists the patrol vehicle and then Oswald, presumably] shoots J.D. Tippit and continues fleeing [and then there appears a citizen who manages to contact dispatch on the police radio then as standers-by awaits the arrival of investigating officers who locates the scene... takes a vague description of the assailant ...relays the description to dispatch who then announces an APB to all squads in the vicinity.]
1:22 PM: [Hence] Police broadcast a description of the suspect in the Tippit murder. [allegedly six that is[6] minutes after the shots were fired by the assailant.]
This gives the whole event a total of 19 minutes between Oswald's exit from his room to the broadcast of the assailant's description...a logistical impossibility! 
 **  http://jfkassassination.net/parnell/chrono.htm