Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How Could LHO Walk One Mile After Leaving His Room & Shoot A Cop In 13 Minutes?  (Read 42078 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Advertisement
I never said you did.  But you did bring up the head shot in a discussion about what Benavides saw as if it was somehow related.

It's related in regards to your statement that "Seeing a policeman fall is not the same thing as seeing the policeman being shot." (Which is the statement to which I was responding)

This was my response:

"Seeing the policeman actually fall down clearly indicates that the shooter would still be looking at the victim and most likely continuing to point the revolver at him, not knowing if his target had been rendered ineffective or not. This seeming fear & uncertainty is confirmed when ProbablyOswald then made sure by shooting the poor dumb cop in the head."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 09:09:28 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

It's related in regards to your statement that "Seeing a policeman fall is not the same thing as seeing the policeman being shot." (Which is the statement to which I was responding)

Which, as I said, has nothing to do with a head shot that Benavides did not see.

This was my response:

"Seeing the policeman actually fall down clearly indicates that the shooter would still be looking at the victim

??  Are you confusing what Benavides saw with what the shooter saw?

and most likely continuing to point the revolver at him, not knowing if his target had been rendered ineffective or not.

Why "most likely"?

This seeming fear & uncertainty is confirmed when ProbablyOswald then made sure by shooting the poor dumb cop in the head."

"Confirmed" how?  Since the guy we were actually discussing didn't see Tippit being shot in the head, would you care to specify who actually did?

Offline Bill Chapman

Which, as I said, has nothing to do with a head shot that Benavides did not see.

??  Are you confusing what Benavides saw with what the shooter saw?

Why "most likely"?

"Confirmed" how?  Since the guy we were actually discussing didn't see Tippit being shot in the head, would you care to specify who actually did?

I'm not trying to confirm Benavides saw a head shot.

Mr. BENAVIDES - Then I heard the other two shots and I looked up and the Policeman was in, he seemed like he kind of stumbled and fell.
Mr. BELIN - Did you see the Policeman as he fell?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Yes, sir.

The head shot seems to indicate that ProbablyOswald wanted to make sure the officer was dead. That has nothing to do with Benavides needing to see the head shot or not.

Heres my post again, with emphasis added, and an edit*

Seeing the policeman actually fall down clearly indicates that the shooter would still be looking at the victim and most likely continuing to point the revolver at him, not knowing if his target had been rendered ineffective or not. This seeming fear & uncertainty [from Oswald*] is confirmed when ProbablyOswald then made sure by shooting the poor dumb cop in the head."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:18:48 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

The head shot seems to indicate that ProbablyOswald wanted to make sure the officer was dead. That has nothing to do with Benavides needing to see the head shot or not.

Then why did you bring that up in a response to what I said about what Benavides saw?

Heres my post again, with emphasis added, and an edit*

Seeing the policeman actually fall down clearly indicates that the shooter would still be looking at the victim and most likely continuing to point the revolver at him, not knowing if his target had been rendered ineffective or not. This seeming fear & uncertainty [from Oswald*] is confirmed when ProbablyOswald then made sure by shooting the poor dumb cop in the head."

That's great.  Do you have any actual evidence that the shooter was still looking at the victim after he fell or that he continued to point the revolver at him, or that he was feeling fear and uncertainty, or that the guy Benavides saw shot the cop in the head, or that it was ProbablyOswald?  Or is that just a nice story you made up to randomly inject into the conversation?

Offline Jerry Freeman

The head shot seems to indicate that Probably Oswald wanted to make sure the officer was dead.
But why? Doesn't figure and it's all speculation anyway.
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1352.msg35959.html#msg35959

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

But why? Doesn't figure and it's all speculation anyway.
https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1352.msg35959.html#msg35959

Arguably to make dead sure that Tippit couldn't call in.

It's not speculation. Witnesses saw varying degrees of the action and witnesses ID'd Oswald at the scene, no matter how you lot want to steer away from that fact.

If you dismiss everything WC out-of-hand, then I can see where it's all speculation to you.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 06:11:28 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Chapman

Then why did you bring that up in a response to what I said about what Benavides saw?

That's great.  Do you have any actual evidence that the shooter was still looking at the victim after he fell or that he continued to point the revolver at him, or that he was feeling fear and uncertainty, or that the guy Benavides saw shot the cop in the head, or that it was ProbablyOswald?  Or is that just a nice story you made up to randomly inject into the conversation?

Any shooter (not being under fire himself, that is) will pause to look at his results, paper or live. In fact your anybody-but-Oswald was seen to be pausing briefly at the window post shots... as if to check his results, according to a certain witness.

Point out where I claim that Benevides saw the cop shot in the head
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 07:19:24 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Ray Mitcham

Point out where I claim that Benevides saw the cop shot in the head

Offline Bill Chapman

View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: How Could LHO Walk One Mile After Leaving His Room & Shoot A Cop In 13 Minutes?
? Reply #119 on: November 02, 2018, 06:58:26 PM ?
ReplyQuote
Quote from: John Iacoletti on November 02, 2018, 05:19:29 PM
Yes, I can read.  Can you?  Seeing a policeman fall is not the same thing as seeing the policeman being shot.

Stop playing games.

Seeing the policeman actually fall down clearly indicates that the shooter would still be looking at the victim and most likely continuing to point the revolver at him, not knowing if his target had been rendered ineffective or not. This seeming fear & uncertainty is confirmed when ProbablyOswald then made sure by shooting the poor dumb cop in the head.