Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How Could LHO Walk One Mile After Leaving His Room & Shoot A Cop In 13 Minutes?  (Read 42114 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Advertisement
Oswald would have only about 8 minutes. Because the shooting of Tippet had to have occurred not later than about 1:12pm due to Benavides WC testimony of having waited "a few minutes" after the shooter had fled the scene, before Benavides attempted to use to the Tippet police car radio approx. 1:16pm.

Additionally, there is the time required for shooter to linger at the scene, droping his shells, then travel time to leave scene, also the walking time for Benavides,  stopping by officer Tippet, and so forth, before actually getting in the car

Note also: There is preliminary time for the shooter having been followed by Tippet some distance before the shooting occurred, a conversation between shooter and Tippet, and Tippet then getting out of the car. That  adds about an extra 1 minute of time required which is how I arrived at 1:12pm estimate.

Mr. BENAVIDES - Yes. No; I heard the shot before I pulled in.
Mr. BELIN - Oh, I see. You heard the shot and pulled in and then what?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Then I ducked down.
Mr. BELIN - Then what happened?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Then I heard the other two shots and I looked up and the Policeman was in, he seemed like he kind of stumbled and fell.
Mr. BELIN - Did you see the Policeman as he fell?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN - What else did you see?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Then I seen the man turn and walk back to the sidewalk and go on the sidewalk and he walked maybe 5 foot and then kind of stalled. He didn't exactly stop. And he threw one shell and must have took five or six more steps and threw the other shell up, and then he kind of stepped up to a pretty good trot going around the corner.
Mr. BELIN - You saw the man going around the corner headed in what direction on what street?
Mr. BENAVIDES - On Patton Street. He was going south.
Mr. BELIN - He was going south on Patton Street?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Yes; do you know Dootch Motors?
Mr. BELIN - Do I know Dootch Motors?
Mr. BELIN - Was he on the east or the west side of Patton as he was going?
Mr. BENAVIDES - On the east side.
Mr. BELIN - You saw him going on the east?
Mr. BELIN - How far did you see him go down Patton?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Just as far as the house would let the view go. In other words, as soon as he went past the house, I couldn't see him any more.
Mr. BELIN - Now, the first time that you saw him, what was his Position
Mr. BENAVIDES - He was standing, the first time I saw him. The man that shot him?
Mr. BELIN - Yes.
Mr. BENAVIDES - He was standing like I say, on the center in front of the windshield, right directly on the right front fender of the car.
Mr. BELIN - He was not moving when you saw him?
Mr. BENAVIDES - No; he wasn't moving then.
Mr. BELIN - All right, after you saw him turn around the corner, what did you do?
Mr. BENAVIDES - After that, I set there for just a few minutes to kind of, I thought he went in back of the house or something. At the time, I thought maybe he might have lived in there and I didn't want to get out and rush right up. He might start shooting again.
That is when I got out of the truck and walked over to the Policeman, and he was lying there and he had, looked like a big clot of blood coming out of his head, and his eyes were sunk back in his head, and just kind of made me feel real funny. I guess I was really scared.
Mr. BELIN - Did the Policeman say anything?
Mr. BENAVIDES - The Policeman, I believe was dead when he hit the ground, because he didn't put his hand out or nothing.
Mr. BELIN - Where was the Policeman as he fell, as you saw him?
Mr. BENAVIDES - I saw him as he was falling. The door was about half way open, and he was right in front of the door, and just about in front of the fender. I would say he was between the door and the front headlight, about middleway when he started to fall.
Mr. BELIN - Did you notice where the gun of the policeman was?
Mr. BENAVIDES - The gun was in his hand and he was partially lying on his gun in his right hand. He was partially lying on his gun and on his hand, too.
Mr. BELIN - Then what did you do?
Mr. BENAVIDES - Then I don't know if I opened the car door back further than what it was or not, but anyway, I went in and pulled the radio and I mashed the button and told them that an officer had been shot, and I didn't get an answer, so I said it again, and this guy asked me whereabouts all of a sudden, and I said, on 10th Street. I couldn't remember where it was at at the time. So I looked up and I seen this number and I said 410 East 10th Street.

Thanks for posting Benavides testimony, Zeon.

Helen Markham swore that the time of the shooting was 1:06... Her statement is verified by several witnesses..  TF Bowley said that he arrived at the scene and got out of his car at 1:10.  He saw Tippit's body lying on the street when he arrived .....Thus Mrs Markham time of 1:06 was corroborated by TF Bowley.   And Domingo Benavides said that it was just a couple of minutes after 1:00 when he turned around to return to the shop to get the number of the carburetor  that he was repairing for a customer.  Shortly after turning around he saw the murder of JD Tippit.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Brown

Thanks for posting Benavides testimony, Zeon.

Helen Markham swore that the time of the shooting was 1:06... Her statement is verified by several witnesses..  TF Bowley said that he arrived at the scene and got out of his car at 1:10.  He saw Tippit's body lying on the street when he arrived .....Thus Mrs Markham time of 1:06 was corroborated by TF Bowley.   And Domingo Benavides said that it was just a couple of minutes after 1:00 when he turned around to return to the shop to get the number of the carburetor  that he was repairing for a customer.  Shortly after turning around he saw the murder of JD Tippit.

If the shooting occurred at 1:06, then all it means is that Oswald was at Tenth and Patton by 1:06.

Offline John Iacoletti

If the shooting occurred at 1:06, then all it means is that Oswald was at Tenth and Patton by 1:06.

Circular argument (n):  see circular argument

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

Why wouldn't Oswald wait to catch a bus?

Ask Steve Howsley.  He's the one with the narrative that Oswald hightailed it out of there because he was "concerned that his address might already be known to the FBI", and yet hung around at a bus stop right next to the house.

It's just yet more evidence of a man evading capture, a man in flight.

No matter what he did you would consider it "evidence" of a guilty man.

Offline John Iacoletti

Exactly and Bookout said that Oswald admitted to carrying a gun.

Mr. STERN - Was he asked whether he was carrying a pistol at the time he was in the Texas Theatre?
Mr. BOOKHOUT - Yes; that was brought up. He admitted that he was carrying a pistol at the time he was arrested. He claimed that he had bought this some time ago in Fort Worth.

But we were discussing the claim that Oswald picked up a gun at the boarding house, which is uncorroborated hearsay that Fritz wrote down from memory several days after the interrogation.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

Mr Iacoletti.... This Bud's for you....

I'll remind you that you've often said that Benavides didn't actually witness the murder...

What I've said is that Benavides was not an eyewitness to Tippit's shooting.

Offline Nicholas Turner

It was apparently clear to everyone else. It's not my fault if you can't keep up.

A simple question gets turned into an opportunity to try to try to belittle someone. Sad how things go on forums like this.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Brown

Circular argument (n):  see circular argument

No circular argument.

All of the evidence points to Lee Oswald as the murderer of J.D. Tippit.  There is no evidence pointing anywhere else.  If there were, you would have already posted it.

Going solely by the available evidence, Oswald killed Tippit, even if it was at 1:06.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:44:52 PM by Bill Brown »