Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Jim Branding  (Read 777 times)

Online Mark Valenti

Re: Jim Branding
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 10:51:51 PM »
Actually, that may not really be a 'mugshot' per se' [a police arrest photo] A mugshot would pretty much be like the below photos.

It doesn't matter if it's a clinically-accurate "mugshot" or not. It's a photo supplied to the newspaper by the police at the time of Pereira's arrest.

The more I look at it....the two pictures on the left might not be the same person.
 I believe that picture 1, 3, and 4 are the same guy. Picture 2 looks more like the man in the news article I would say.

That's correct. 1, 3 and 4 are Braden. 2 is Pereira.

So if they are both Pereira then so be it. The news article photo individual has a very nice bow tie in contrast to his mugshot [note the shirt] The nameplates in those mugshots are inconveniently cropped out [how come?] They should have names and dates.

These photos come from JFK researchers who, over the years, have fiddled with the originals to the degree that some details are missing.

Reading the news article, 'Eugene Hale Brading of Dallas' and V M Pereira were pals. Maybe that is how their pictures got mixed up. Working as a 'team' they apparently tried to swindle some millionaire's daughter and were both arrested. 

You can google my name and Jim Braden's name and you will find a lot of material I've found about him online.

I found some more stuff here.... Was Jim Braden a 'New Orleans' boy and not really from Dallas? A complete testimony from Braden to the HSCA should be provided to the public.

His testimony is online.

One post I read somewhere states that Braden actually flew to New Orleans on 11 22 63.

This is incorrect. He flew from California to Dallas that week. He had an office in New Orleans.

Joe Miltteer and Braden were pals too? [at least according to those links]  Well- go figure some other day. Perhaps our in house  photo-analyst John Mytton can make a more and hopefully unbiased headway on the pictures.

If you're using information you find at jfkmurdersolved.com you will enter into an indecipherable vortex of bullshit and half-baked research that may cause you to lose IQ points. Just a bit of unsolicited advice.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 10:51:51 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 08:15:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It doesn't matter if it's a clinically-accurate "mugshot" or not. It's a photo supplied to the newspaper by the police at the time of Pereira's arrest.
How is it known really for sure that the "police supplied that newspaper photo"?
Regarding Braden... For someone who was arrested so many times, and was supposedly on Federal parole, there should be a hell of a lot more photographs or mug shots of him. Another point would be...how does a parolee get to change their name?
This is incorrect. He flew from California to Dallas that week. He had an office in New Orleans.
Sorry, a minor clarification...Braden flew from LA to Dallas [on a private plane he said] then from Dallas...one report stated to New Orleans....another said Houston. He said he went to Houston [on business] after being in Dallas and having breakfast with people whose names he wasn't sure of and accomplishing really nothing at all in Dallas- also, he couldn't remember just exactly how he got around or what all he actually did in Dallas ::)  [pages 10-12 in link below]
The link to his HSCA statements...  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login     
At 64 pages it is a lot more lengthy than I expected. I admit that I don't have a genius IQ...however I am not so stupid as to believe this testimony. I feel sure that at the time, Braden feared for his life a la Johnny Roselli.
Another link on Braden....  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online Mark Valenti

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 08:54:09 PM »
How is it known really for sure that the "police supplied that newspaper photo"?

Seriously? Do you think that was a school photo of Pereira? A wedding day snapshot? The story was about his crimes, as reported by the police. What else can that photo be except one supplied by police?

Regarding Braden... For someone who was arrested so many times, and was supposedly on Federal parole, there should be a hell of a lot more photographs or mug shots of him.

There are a half-dozen photos of Braden available via mugshots and one through the front page of a newspaper. Sufficient for identification for those who care to do the legwork.

Another point would be...how does a parolee get to change their name? 

There's no law against it. The fact that he did it right before his Dallas trip is one of the factors that led me to dig more deeply into his movements.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 01:34:08 AM »
What else can that photo be except one supplied by police?
It looks like a passport photo.

Online Mark Valenti

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 03:10:04 AM »
It looks like a passport photo.

Really? How does it differ from the mug shots we’ve already seen of him?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 03:10:04 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 02:44:25 AM »

Online Mark Valenti

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 01:48:09 PM »

Are you saying that it can't be a mugshot?

Or that you're just throwing up a random objection that has no bearing on the general thrust of this thread?

Trying to figure out your intention with such a meaningless distinction. Seems weird.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 03:08:48 PM »
Are you saying that it can't be a mugshot?

Or that you're just throwing up a random objection that has no bearing on the general thrust of this thread?

Trying to figure out your intention with such a meaningless distinction. Seems weird.
"Are you saying that it can't be a mugshot?"
No...if you read my post carefully I only said it looks like a passport picture. Trolls seem to always want the last word so be my guest----------------------------------

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 03:08:48 PM »

Online Mark Valenti

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 04:00:21 PM »
"Are you saying that it can't be a mugshot?"
No...if you read my post carefully I only said it looks like a passport picture. Trolls seem to always want the last word so be my guest----------------------------------

Jerry Freeman:
"Actually, that may not really be a 'mugshot' per se'"

I read your post carefully.

Apparently, you didn't.  :D :D :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 04:00:21 PM »