Author Topic: Did Oswald know that after killing Kennedy, his rifle would be traced to Walker?  (Read 5585 times)

Online Bill Brown

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There was a post a year or more ago suggesting that Oswald was on his way to kill General Walker when he was stopped by Officer Tippit. The revolver Oswald fetched from home would accomplish the task. But how could Oswald know that Walker would be home?

Oswald was heading in the total opposite direction from Walker's home.  Walker lived on the north side of Dallas; Oswald was heading dead south.

Online Ross Lidell

• Gold Standard for POTUS
Oh you are one of those people who put alot of stock in estimations of length  even when in this case they barely paid any attention to the package..My God. That is a one topic reputation killer. You can't be this irrational about one thing and not be irrational about many things.

Tom. Tell us exactly how long some things in your house are and how you know that. I have asked  many Cts this and they never have come back with anything. Obviously they want to prove me wrong and act like they know the exact length of things that they see everyday but they won't put it out there because deep down even they know it would be ridiculous  to act like they actually know how long things are without measuring them. But that never stops them from making this silly argument.

I think it should be pretty obvious that Oswald didn't think there was a snowballs chance in hell of getting away from the TSBD. Why would he? I can't believe that people act like he should have had money or a plan. The fact that he left his money with his wife should tell you that. IF he doesn't get a shot off then he gets the money back next time he sees her.

Brian,

Your "measured" destruction of CTs "witnesses can accurately estimate the size of an object at a glance" assertion is beyond dispute.

However, I don't agree that Oswald thought that he had "no chance" to escape after he assassinated JFK. This deserves a separate topic and an essay. For now:

Oswald was emboldened by the Dallas PDs failure to arrest him for attempting to kill General Walker in early April of '63.

Oswald could have "thought" that he would be "one shot Lee" at 12.30 pm Friday 22 November 1963.

Thought #1: I'll kill the President with one shot. No-one will know where the shot came from.

Thought#2: I'll get out the back door and back to the boarding house and get my revolver.

Thought #3: I'll go out to Redbird and hijack a plane. Those dumb* cops will be looking for "the killer" at bus and railroad stations while I'm "flying high".

Thought #4 I'll be congratulated by Fidel and be eating dinner with him tonight. OK, breakfast at the latest.

* Oswald was heard to say (after he killed Officer JD Tippit): "Poor dumb cop".
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:04:44 AM
by Ross Lidell
»

Online Ross Lidell

Oswald was heading in the total opposite direction from Walker's home.  Walker lived on the north side of Dallas; Oswald was heading dead south.

That defeats the theory of Oswald assassinating JFK and then going on to settle an old-score with General Walker.

I still say Oswald probably intended to hijack a plane at Redbird Airport. He must have been going "somewhere" when he was stopped by Officer Tippit. Where else could he have a chance of skipping the country?

Online Ross Lidell

I agree  with this.  Plus doesn't anyone really think he could bury his tracks?  Was he supposed to carry his rifle out of the TSBD. I see a ton of Cks make that mistake, they actually think the fact that Oswald left the rifle to be found is proof that he did not do it. I am amazed everytime i see that argument.

You should see some of the Cks talk about the press conference. They have actually made themselves believe that Oswald's actions during the press conference showed that he was framed. They claim that when Oswald was informed that he was being charged with killing JFK that he was visibly upset. I am not kidding about this,  some have claimed that in numerous threads.

Oswald knew his rifle could be traced to him .....
.... if he was apprehended with it in his possession inside or outside the TSBD.

I've long believed that Oswald messed up his own plan ... by not being able to estimate the correct size of paper sack to contain (conceal) the rifle.

This was explained years ago in my topic about Oswald mistakenly constructing a too-short paper sack. Oswald thought he had received a 36-inch rifle. He was shipped a 40-inch rifle. He never noticed the extra length.

[Oswald was one of the very few human beings in the world who could not estimate the length of objects with absolute precision--at a glance.]

Oswald did not take enough paper (at the TSBD) to make a long enough paper sack to conceal the rifle fully assembled.

This is why I am "on topic" with S P E C U L A T I O N: Originally (Wednesday 20 November 1963) Oswald did not consider the possibility of the Carcano rifle being traced. He thought that he could kill JFK from a concealed position and then spirit the rifle out the back door of the TSBD "disguised" in the paper sack. He could walk to the Trinity River and throw the rifle in the water ... never to be found. Hence: No rifle to be traced back to him or his alias. When he realized the bag was too short to conceal the rifle, Lee Harvey Oswald changed his plan. He would leave the rifle hidden in the TSBD. This would give him enough time to get to Redbird Airport; hijack a plane and escape from the USA .... before the rifle was traced to him via the Hidell alias.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:07:10 AM
by Ross Lidell
»

Offline Johnny Hartley

.... if he was apprehended with it in his possession inside or outside the TSBD.

I've long believed that Oswald messed up his own plan ... by not being able to estimate the correct size of paper sack to contain (conceal) the rifle.

This was explained years ago in my topic about Oswald mistakenly constructing a too-short paper sack. Oswald thought he had received a 36-inch rifle. He was shipped a 40-inch rifle. He never noticed the extra length.

[Oswald was one of the very few human beings in the world who could not estimate the length of objects with absolute precision--at a glance.]

Oswald did not take enough paper (at the TSBD) to make a long enough paper sack to conceal the rifle fully assembled.

This is why I am "on topic" with S P E C U L A T I O N: Originally (Wednesday 20 November 1963) Oswald did not consider the possibility of the Carcano rifle being traced. He thought that he could kill JFK from a concealed position and then spirit the rifle out the back door of the TSBD "disguised" in the paper sack. He could walk to the Trinity River and throw the rifle in the water ... never to be found. Hence: No rifle to be traced back to him or his alias. When he realized the bag was too short to conceal the rifle, Lee Harvey Oswald changed his plan. He would leave the rifle hidden in the TSBD. This would give him enough time to get to Redbird Airport; hijack a plane and escape from the USA .... before the rifle was traced to him via the Hidell alias.

It is difficult to hijack a plane at Redbird Airport if you are sitting watching a film in a cinema.

Online Ross Lidell

It is difficult to hijack a plane at Redbird Airport if you are sitting watching a film in a cinema.

Inane comment!

Lee Harvey Oswald "intended" to go to Redbird Airport--not by taxi--by walking.

When he shot Officer JD Tippit, he panicked and hid in the Texas Theater. Before he could formulate a new plan to get to Redbird Airport, he was arrested by the Dallas PD.

Online Tony Fratini

Hi Ross,

why would Lee place a fancy flap on CE 142 prior to placing the rifle in it and hence shortening the paper bag by ~ 3 inches? Ruth had paper and tape in her garage, why bother taking it from the TSBD and potentially be seen doing so?

How did Lee get the width of the paper bag spot on to hold a rifle with a scope attached? One would swear he had the rifle in front of him when he constructed CE 142!

Why was it necessary for Marina to even mention the Walker incident?

Mr. RANKIN. Did you tell the authorities anything about this Walker incident when you learned about it?
Mrs. OSWALD. No.
Mr. RANKIN. You have told the Secret Service or the FBI people reasons why you didn't. Will you tell us?
Mrs. OSWALD. Why I did not tell about it?
First, because it was my husband. As far as I know, according to the local laws here, a wife cannot be a witness against her husband. But, of course, if I had known that Lee intended to repeat something like that, I would have told.

Mr. RANKIN. When was it that you told the FBI about the Walker shooting?
Mrs. OSWALD. About 2 weeks after Lee was killed.

What precipitated Marina to throw her dead husband under the bus? keep in mind that she knew that her husband had a rifle in a blanket in the Paine's garage on the floor where her children and Ruth's played and she never disclosed this fact to Ruth who took her in in good faith.

Mr. RANKIN. After your husband returned from Mexico, did you examine the rifle in the garage at any time?
Mrs. OSWALD. I had never examined the rifle in the garage. It was wrapped in a blanket and was lying on the floor.
Mr. RANKIN. Did you ever check to see whether the rifle was in the blanket?
Mrs. OSWALD. I never checked to see that. There was only once that 1 was interested in finding out what was in that blanket, and I saw that it was a rifle.
Mr. RANKIN. When was that?
Mrs. OSWALD. About a week after I came from New Orleans.

Mr. RANKIN. And then you found that the rifle was in the blanket, did you?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes, 1 saw the wooden part of it, the wooden stock.

Her statements were contradictory.

Mr. JENNER - Mrs. Paine, if you had become aware prior to November 22 of the fact, if it be a fact, that there was a rifle in the blanket wrapped package on the floor of your garage, what do you think now you would have done?
Mrs. PAINE - I can say certainly I would not have wanted it there.
And that my pacifist feelings would have entered into my consideration of the subject. I cannot say certainly what I would have done, of course. And, as I have described myself and my beliefs, I like to consider the situation that I am in and react according to that situation, rather than to have doctrine or rigid belief.
I can certainly say this. I would have asked that it be entirely out of reach of children or out of sight of children.

Why would Lee leave a rifle in the garage where he had no control over?

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:55:38 AM
by Tony Fratini
»