Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
Martin Weidmann, Steve Howsley and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.

Author Topic: At the end of the day it was Oswald's rifle.  (Read 7911 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: At the end of the day it was Oswald's rifle.
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 11:52:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
LOL

Unscientific and biased handwriting "analysis" of 2 block letters from a photocopy of a microfilm copy of a 2-inch order coupon from microfilm that is now "missing".

There is nothing to connect the money order found in Virginia -- which has no evidence of ever having been cashed or deposited into Klein's account -- with the C2766 rifle.

There is no evidence of Oswald ever using "A J Hidell" as an alias.

That was the story.  But it wasn't mentioned by anyone or in any report written prior to the discovery of the Klein's order.

There is no evidence of such a package ever going through the postal service.

That would assume that such a package was ever mailed.

The post office also didn't say that such a package was ever delivered or picked up.

Flat out false.

BS, as you have no evidence that Oswald ever received the rifle. You also have no evidence that Oswald had these photos.

Irrelevant to the ownership of a rifle.

The note you refer to is unsigned, undated, and doesn't mention Walker.  It also doesn't mention doing "something very bad".  That's just your speculation.

No it wasn't.  It was described in the contemporaneous police report as being steel-jacketed.  Walker stated that the mangled bullet placed into evidence as CE 573 was not the same bullet he examined at the time of the shooting.  "Consistent with" is just a weaselly way of saying "can't be ruled out".

Marina said a lot of things.

Tells you nothing about C2766.

LOL

She saw a piece of wooden stock that she took to be a rifle in a tied up blanket roll about 6 weeks before the assassination.  That tells you nothing about C2766.

That also tells you nothing about C2766 or even when the blanket became empty.

All completely irrelevant to the ownership of a rifle.

You haven't demonstrated that Oswald said that or that it was a lie.

Also completely irrelevant to the ownership of a rifle.

No, a partial palm print showed up a week later on an index card.

Doesn't actually demonstrate that it was Oswald's rifle.

Also doesn't actually demonstrate that it was Oswald's rifle.  You're just assuming the thing you're trying to prove.  Besides that, the bullet found on the unrelated stretcher at Parkland was described by OP Wright, who got the bullet from Tomlinson, as pointed.  Neither Tomlinson or Wright or Johnsen or Rowley could identify CE399 as the bullet that they handled.

Why should anyone believe that the photos that were pulled out of a briefcase 30 years later were of the trigger guard on C2766?  How were they authenticated?

And by "match", you mean not unique to any specific shirt.

Howard Brennan also claimed to see the guy crouched behind boxes under a window "from the belt up" and thought he could estimate the guy's height, weight, and age.  Howard Brennan also failed to identify anyone in the police lineup he attended on November 22, he thought there were 7 people in the lineup and had seen Oswald's picture twice on television before the lineup.  Brennan also claimed at different times to have seen both the shooter firing the head shot and seeing JFK's head explode (which would actually have been impossible from his location).  The Z film also never shows Brennan looking anywhere but the motorcade.

I think you've now totally forgotten that this was supposed to be a list of things demonstrating that C2766 was "Oswald's rifle".  But then that's what happens when you just regurgitate the same old talking points without actually thinking about what you're saying.

LOL

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 11:52:15 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 12:14:58 AM »
Exactly.  "Oswald's rifle".  LOL.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2018, 12:35:51 AM »
Exactly.  "Oswald's rifle".  LOL.

LOL

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2018, 05:35:00 PM »
Lying about or misrepresenting the evidence, appealing to speculation, assumption, and handwaving, ignoring the real provenance issues with every single piece of what little physical evidence does exist, and cherry-picking unreliable and uncorroborated witness statements and claims.

The LN playbook.

"Oswald's rifle".

LOL

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 09:15:30 PM »
You still don't understand what constitutes evidence I see. I see a bunch of *claims* that were never supported.

Actual evidence would convince me, but there is none. You're sunk.

So name something specific.  Educated me on what constitutes "actual evidence" if documents, photos, witness confirmation, and fingerprints don't do the trick.  Let me help you:  "If this were Oswald's rifle, then it could be confirmed by [fill in the blank]."  What you are actually suggesting is that no evidence whatsoever could ever convince you of this fact.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 09:15:30 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 09:40:17 PM »
The usual "Richard Smith" BS.  There are no documents, photos, witness confirmation, and fingerprints that show that C2766 was Oswald's rifle.

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 11:17:12 PM »
So name something specific.  Educated me on what constitutes "actual evidence" if documents, photos, witness confirmation, and fingerprints don't do the trick.  Let me help you:  "If this were Oswald's rifle, then it could be confirmed by [fill in the blank]."  What you are actually suggesting is that no evidence whatsoever could ever convince you of this fact.

Educated me on what constitutes "actual evidence" if documents, photos, witness confirmation, and fingerprints don't do the trick. 

What finger prints....Lee's prints were not found on CE 139.....   

I do believe that Lee had a carcano ( possibly CE 139 ) IN HIS POSSESSION  in April of 1963 .....But I doubt that he OWNED that STAGE PROP rifle.   And when someone needs to lie and claim that his finger prints were found on the rifle then I'm doubly suspicious that he had he rifle in November of 1963....

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 05:59:14 PM »
Never responded to-Which rifle was it..the one that was "ordered", the one in the "back yard", or the one they "found"??

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 05:59:14 PM »

Online Nicholas Turner

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2018, 07:22:21 PM »
Never responded to-Which rifle was it..the one that was "ordered", the one in the "back yard", or the one they "found"??

Do you not believe the evidence that said that the type of weapon supplied was different from the one in the advert?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2018, 02:04:45 AM »
Do you not believe the evidence that said that the type of weapon supplied was different from the one in the advert?
I understand that a 36" rifle was ordered [according to the order in evidence] However a 40" rifle is subsequently shipped? At least, the one police 'found' was a 40" rifle [I believe]
No one does this. A specific order is made and then- if there are none in stock... an advisory of such  is sent. Order fillers do not randomly [on their own] substitute an order not in stock.
A statement I located not often viewed...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2018, 02:04:45 AM »