Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why Did LHO Take So Long To Reach The TT, But Made The JDT Site So Fast?  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Rob Caprio

Advertisement
The WC tells us that LHO supposedly covered nearly a mile in a quick time, twelve or thirteen minutes, when he departed his roominghouse and walked to Tenth and Patton on the afternoon of November 22, 1963.

Quote on

Mrs. Roberts testified that on November 21, 1963, Oswald did not come home. On Friday, November 22, about 1 p.m., he entered the house in unusual haste?He hurried to his room and stayed no longer than 3 or 4 minutes.

?Oswald was next seen about nine-tenths of a mile away at the southeast corner of 10th Street and Patton Avenue, moments before Tippit shooting. If Oswald left his roominghouse shortly after 1 p.m. (1:03 or 1:04 based on Mrs. Roberts? testimony) and walked at a brisk pace, he would have reached 10th and Patton shortly after 1:15 p.m. . Tippit?s murder was recorded on the police radio tape at about 1:16 p.m. . (WC Report (WCR), pp. 163 & 164)

http://www.historymatters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wr/html/WCReport_0094a.htm

CE 1119-A: http://www.historymatters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh22/html/WH_Vol22_0058b.htm

Quote off

This lays out the timeline presented by the WC for LHO?s supposed movement from his roominghouse to the site of the JDT murder. I have previously shown in numerous posts in this series that there is no supporting evidence to show that LHO ever walked that route or that he shot JDT as claimed, but this post is not about that.

This post is about the WC?s timeline oddity. So we see that LHO supposedly left his roominghouse at 1:03 or 1:04 p.m. and then covered nearly a mile in about twelve minutes to supposedly shoot JDT at 10th and Patton. This has been debated for years as even at a ?brisk pace? walking nearly a mile in twelve minutes is not easy. Also, no one saw LHO along the entire route and one would think that someone basically speed walking would be noticeable in a neighborhood of stay-at-home moms and elderly people. Furthermore, not one witness was found to say that LHO entered the area of 10th and Patton at a brisk pace.

Mr. BALL. Walking away from you, wasn't he?

Mrs. MARKHAM. He was walking up 10th, away from me.

And:

Mr. BELIN. What led you to believe that he was walking west?

Mr. SCOGGINS. Well, he was facing west.

If LHO had really been walking at a ?brisk pace? as the WC claimed, why did he slow to a normal walk at 10th and Patton? Was fast walking illegal in Oak Cliff?  I don?t want to hear that he didn?t want to draw attention to himself because the WC would go on to claim that LHO did a number of things following the alleged shooting of JDT that drew a ton of attention to himself. So again, if LHO was walking rapidly as the WC claimed from his roominghouse to 10th and Patton why did he slow to a normal pace once he got there? Moreover, how could the WC guarantee that he didn?t slow his pace at an earlier time or times which would really mess up their timetable?

Another side note ? why was the direction of ?southeast? so important in this saga? Supposedly shots were fired from the southeastern window of the Texas School Book Depository (TSBD) and LHO was supposedly first sighted at the southeast corner of 10th and Patton. Just wondering at this point.

Now, if we pick up the saga following the alleged JDT shooting by LHO we see this in the WCR.

Quote on

The Texas Theater is on the north side of Jefferson Boulevard, approximately eight blocks from the scene of the Tippit shooting and six blocks from where several witnesses last saw Oswald running west on Jefferson Boulevard.

?At 1:45 p.m., the police radio stated, ?Have information a suspect just went in the Texas Theater on West Jefferson.? (WCR, pp. 176 & 178)

http://www.historymatters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wr/html/WCReport_0100b.htm

CE 1968: http://www.historymatters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wr/html/WCReport_0094b.htm

Quote off

According to the official timeline it only took LHO about twelve minutes to cover nearly a mile, but it then took him nearly thirty minutes to cover eight blocks! This was after he had been observed RUNNING for two blocks by several witnesses too. Even taking into account that he may have had to hide, how can it take so long to cover such a short distance?

Can any official narrative defender explain how LHO could walk nearly a mile in twelve minutes, but then take nearly thirty minutes to cover eight blocks in which he ran for at least two of them?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Mike Orr

Re: Why Did LHO Take So Long To Reach The TT, But Made The JDT Site So Fast?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 11:05:56 PM »
By most accounts , Oswald never seemed like he was in a hurry to do anything . His nonchalant attitude in the Marine Corps and his work actions made him the perfect " Skate " , which is a term used by workers who work hard and other workers who do just enough to get by. I think Oswald was one of those persons who got his job done but was never in a rush to get it done. I doubt that LHO ever ran anywhere except for when he was going through Marine Corps Boot Camp at MCRD , San Diego . I think LHO was a very smart guy who got caught in the middle , just like he said , I'm just a Patsy . J. Edgar Hoover closed this case in a hurry and then Jack Ruby closed it for good . It's kind of ironic that a man like James Files would come out and admit to making the frontal head shot on JFK but there is no way that Files could ever be charged for the crime , so he can say anything he wants about the JFK case . To think that it was not a federal crime to kill the President of the United States in 1963 just goes to show you that those who made the rules also made the money and " MORE RULES " !!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve Thomas

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 08:11:03 AM »

Can any official narrative defender explain how LHO could walk nearly a mile in twelve minutes, but then take nearly thirty minutes to cover eight blocks in which he ran for at least two of them?

Rob,

I have wondered that myself.
If he wasn't already in the Theater, he had to have hid out somewhere.
It kind of brings you back to those "abandoned houses" and the Temple Life Church.
If attention hadn't been diverted due to that excited call about the Library, who knows what a more thorough search of those dwellings might have turned up.

Steve Thomas

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 08:11:03 AM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 07:33:55 PM »
Rob,

It kind of brings you back to those "abandoned houses" and the Temple Life Church.
If attention hadn't been diverted due to that excited call about the Library, who knows what a more thorough search of those dwellings might have turned up.

Steve Thomas

If he hid out somewhere Steve then there should have been witnesses, but as usual the authorities had no interest in finding them if he did.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 08:37:26 PM »
If he hid out somewhere Steve then there should have been witnesses,

Says who?  You?   :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 08:37:26 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 09:40:20 PM »
Rob,

Steve Thomas

Didn't they search the Abundant Life Temple?  And if he successfully evaded that, why come out to Jefferson Blvd to look funny to a shoe salesman?

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 02:53:29 AM »
Says who?  You?   :D

It would seem likely, but maybe not since NO one saw LHO walking to 10th and Patton.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 02:53:29 AM »

Offline Steve Thomas

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 09:15:59 AM »
Didn't they search the Abundant Life Temple?  And if he successfully evaded that, why come out to Jefferson Blvd to look funny to a shoe salesman?

John,

They were just getting ready to when that call came in about the Library. That Library call has always seemed a bit odd to me.
The whole dispatch scenario has the suspect fleeing west from the scene of the crime, and the Library is what, about six blocks or something east of where Tippit was shot?  Why, after responding to the call about Tippit being shot, does Ray Hawkins respond to the scene; but doesn't stop there, and instead starts cruising the area to the east in the direction of the Library?

From the Dispatch Tapes:

1:33 PM
19 is Sergeant Bud Owens
Dispatcher
Do you have any information for us, 19?

None. We're shaking down these old houses out here in the 400 block of East Jefferson right now.

95 (Ptm. M.N. McDonald and Ptm. T.R. Gregory)

Dispatcher
Go ahead. 

Send squad over here to Tenth and Crawford to check out this church basement

1:34 PM
223 is Patrolman C. T. Walker. Walker would be one of the officers that transported Oswald back downtown from the Theater.

(Tires squealing, noises) 223, he in the library at Jefferson - east 500 block Marsalis and Jefferson.

One thing I don't quite understand is what C.T. Walker did with his car.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/walker_c.htm

?Mr. WALKER. I went in the alley up to the back door... And there were several officers around the back of the theatre, and myself, and McDonald, and Officer Hutson went in the back door. ?

And then after Oswald was arrested...

?Mr. WALKER. There was a plain car, police car out in front. The right door was open, and Bentley went in first, and Oswald come and then I. We sat in the back seat with him.

Mr. BELIN. Let me ask you, did you have anything to do on November 22, or anything more to do on November 22, with either the Tippit shooting or investigation or apprehension of Oswald or the assassination of the President's investigation?
Mr. WALKER. No. I stayed down in Captain Westbrook's office for a while until I got off.?

Walker was not asked, and didn't volunteer what happened to his car.

Steve Thomas