Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Chaney's motorcycle in Zapruder frame Z-242  (Read 81925 times)

Offline Robin Unger

Chaney's motorcycle in Zapruder frame Z-242
« on: September 30, 2018, 11:00:57 PM »
Advertisement
Zapruder frame Z-242 appears to show Chaney's left red flashing light on
his motorcycle.
Jerry Logan first pointed this out to me.

It confirms Chaney's motorcycle position in relation to the SS follow up car and Hargis and Martin.
there has been some debate on the forums regarding Chaney's "actual position on Elm st", as seen in Altgens 6 at Zapruder frame z255 (12-frames after Z-242)

Zapruder frame Z-242 shows Chaney's LEFT side red flashing light, i have done a small GIF to demonstrate it.

Z-242 Frame over Altgens 6  shows the position of the red flashing light seen in the Zapruder frame in relation to the red flashing light seen on Chaney's motorcycle

JFK Assassination Forum

Chaney's motorcycle in Zapruder frame Z-242
« on: September 30, 2018, 11:00:57 PM »

Offline Robin Unger

Re: Chaney's motorcycle in Zapruder frame Z-242
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 11:17:59 PM »
I made the GIFS above because i was sick of people saying that Chaney was riding next to Kennedy in the Altgen's 6 photo.
he wasn't, it only appears that way because of the perspective issue caused by Altgens telephoto lens on his Camera.

Chaney was actually riding on the right side at the front of the SS follow up car, he was directly in line with Hargis and Martin
who were also riding at the front of the SS follow up car.

Offline Mark Connors

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 11:23:31 PM »
I made the GIFS above because i was sick of people saying that Chaney was riding next to Kennedy in the Altgen's 6 photo.
he wasn't, it only appears that way because of the perspective issue caused by Altgens telephoto lens on his Camera.

Chaney was actually riding on the right side at the front of the SS follow up car, he was directly in line with Hargis and Martin

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 11:23:31 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 01:37:46 AM »

Chaney was riding next to Kennedy in the Altgen's 6 photo.

This is a very nice clear copy of Altgen's # 6 ....and in the background beyond the left side of the front bumper of the Lincoln the shadow of the windshield on Cheney's bike can be seen near the curb of Elm street.  It's not difficult to prove that the shadow is being cast by the windshield by comparing the angle of the shadows cast by other objects in the photo.

Can you explain how the shadow of the windshield on Chaney's bike could be cast there if he was to the rear and near the fender of the Caddy???

Suggestion....  Notice the shadow of the left rear corner of the Lincoln being cast on the surface of Elm street......The angle from the shadow to up the corner of the car is exactly the same as the angle from the shadow that is seen beyond the front bumper and the windshield of Chaney's motorcycle....   Proving that the shadow beyond the bumper is being cast by the windsheild.......
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 04:41:29 AM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Mark Ulrik

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 12:06:19 PM »
Chaney was riding next to Kennedy in the Altgen's 6 photo.

This is a very nice clear copy of Altgen's # 6 ....and in the background beyond the left side of the front bumper of the Lincoln the shadow of the windshield on Cheney's bike can be seen near the curb of Elm street.  It's not difficult to prove that the shadow is being cast by the windshield by comparing the angle of the shadows cast by other objects in the photo.

Can you explain how the shadow of the windshield on Chaney's bike could be cast there if he was to the rear and near the fender of the Caddy???

Suggestion....  Notice the shadow of the left rear corner of the Lincoln being cast on the surface of Elm street......The angle from the shadow to up the corner of the car is exactly the same as the angle from the shadow that is seen beyond the front bumper and the windshield of Chaney's motorcycle....   Proving that the shadow beyond the bumper is being cast by the windsheild.......

The shadow of Chaney's motorcycle falls behind the limo.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 12:06:19 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 02:00:29 PM »
The shadow of Chaney's motorcycle falls behind the limo.

Thank You Mark...  For posting this informative photo

Notice that the shadow of the front upper tip of the Lincoln's right front fender is clearly visible on the surface of Elm street. ( the shadow of the staff of the American flag is to the rear of the shadow of the fender corner. )  Draw a line from that fender corner shadow up to and through the corner of the fender .

Now notice the shadow that is being cast on the surface of Elm street just beyond the left side of the Lincoln's front bumper.....  and draw a line from that shadow that parallels the line you drew previously....

Does that line pass through the left side of the windshield of Chaney's bike?   Yes?....  Then it is the Windshield that is casting that shadow and it should be obvious that Chaney is ALONGSIDE of the Lincoln.   
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 02:19:23 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Patrick Jackson

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 02:24:16 PM »
Last year there was a good post on Zapruder camera shutter shape. Actually, not a shutter but that part next to the film, I cannot remember the name of the part in this moment. I concluded that frames are actually extended and overlapping so at the yellow rectangle you actually see images that are not part of a frame above. Here we see Chaney bike exact position and you can see limo rear right part of a chromed bumper.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 02:24:16 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 07:45:26 PM »
Zapruder frame Z-242 appears to show Chaney's left red flashing light on
his motorcycle.
Jerry Logan first pointed this out to me.

It confirms Chaney's motorcycle position in relation to the SS follow up car and Hargis and Martin.
there has been some debate on the forums regarding Chaney's "actual position on Elm st", as seen in Altgens 6 at Zapruder frame z255 (12-frames after Z-242)

Zapruder frame Z-242 shows Chaney's LEFT side red flashing light, i have done a small GIF to demonstrate it.

Z-242 Frame over Altgens 6  shows the position of the red flashing light seen in the Zapruder frame in relation to the red flashing light seen on Chaney's motorcycle

At Z-233 you can begin to see the Reflection of the Chaney Motorcycle light/fender on the Passenger Side of the JFK Limo. This would trump the current Speculation surrounding the motorcycle position on Z-242 = being way back beside the Queen Mary. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:48:58 PM by Royell Storing »