Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Tina Towner film  (Read 13773 times)

Offline Robin Unger

Tina Towner film
« on: September 29, 2018, 10:04:19 PM »
Advertisement
This is from the Tina Towner's film taken on 11/22/63

JFK Assassination Forum

Tina Towner film
« on: September 29, 2018, 10:04:19 PM »

Offline Chris Scally

Re: Tina Towner film
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 12:21:13 PM »
Hi Robin:

Might the running man with what appears to be a camera bag be Abraham Zapruder? Immediately prior to him being seen in Tina Towner's film, a woman in light-colored clothing moves quickly across the front of the arcade, from left to right. Might she have been Marilyn Sitzman, who was wearing such light-colored clothes? I tried to retrace Zapruder's movements away from the area some years ago, and at that time I noticed the two figures referenced above, but was never able to confirm or refute my hypothesis. The time frame of this Towner clip (a few minutes after the shooting) is not inconsistent with their movements after the shooting, and their direction of travel would also be  consistent with their return to the Dal-Tex Building. I know it could potentially be true of any number of people, but ...

Any thought, anyone?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 12:24:05 PM by Chris Scally »

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 02:34:22 PM »
Hard to say Chris, from memory the Elm st traffic was flowing by approx 12:40PM

I also see what may be the three Darnell women ( blue scarf lady and two friends seen near the Stemmons sign in Zaprider )

Murray shows traffic at 12:40PM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 02:34:22 PM »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 02:43:17 PM »
Hi Chris,

It looks to me like a reporter running, as you can see an over the shoulder Camera bag swinging while he is running down the slope.

He appears to come from the same location where Sitzman was interviewed and filmed on the Knoll, see Video below.

His right and left hands are raised, and he appears to me to be writing on a notepad or lighting a cigarette, as he is running down the slope.

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 03:10:50 PM »
Robin is correct.
That photographer is Jimmy Darnell who jumped from Camera Car 3 just after the intersection of Houston and Elm. He progressed down Elm street, eventually crossing the road and visiting the parking lot area. He can be seen there in the John Martin film, and some of his film from there appears in various documentaries, as well as Oliver Stone's JFK. I think what we are seeing in Tina's film is Darnell after he left the parking lot. We see him as he races across the pergolla's south steps toward the three women also walking east in front of the pergolla. In a few seconds after Tina's clip he will be in front of those women and begin filming their faces as they continue their walk. These women are Stella Jacob, Sharon Simmons and Jeanie Holt. Stella is the darker complected woman on his camera left. I'm not sure which women are Sharon and Jeanie. If the readers go to JFK.org (the Sixth Floor Museum) they can find this film and zoom in enough to see these women clearly. They are the women we see in Zapruder's film just east of the Stemmons's Freeway sign.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 03:10:50 PM »

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 05:03:37 PM »
Yes, Jimmy Darnell most likely, he spent some time filming the Carpark area
he may have just walked around from behind the pergola and started running down the grass.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:26:30 PM by Robin Unger »

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 05:20:37 PM »
Yes Duncan it's looking more like Jimmy Darnell.

I have both of these frames listed as Darnell in my galleries.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:27:15 PM by Robin Unger »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 05:20:37 PM »

Offline Chris Scally

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 07:10:43 PM »
Thanks to all for the prompt and civil replies - oh, that all exchanges on the various Forums (or Fora?) were equally polite!

Yes, it seems as if the man in question is, in fact, Jimmy Darnell.

Thanks again.