Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Sixth Floor Museum finally tolerating some dissent  (Read 7857 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: The Sixth Floor Museum Thread and Nov 22 is also Thanksgiving Day
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2018, 08:06:21 PM »
Advertisement
Hello, everyone. My son recently moved to Austin and plan to visit him soon. It's pretty close to Dallas and I was thinking of taking the opportunity to visit Dealy Plaza and the Museum. Could any of you who have visited recommend any good restaurants near Dealy Plaza? Thanks in advance.
Not knowing where you are now but Austin is 180 mi south [3 hrs] of Dallas. Tip--Google map Dealey Plaza..then you will see West End-- Locations- click Resturaunts, Hotels, Bars etc. [I would go with Campisi's or Herrara's]       :)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2018, 08:06:21 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: The Sixth Floor Museum finally tolerating some dissent
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2018, 08:51:19 PM »
If you're unfortunate enough to be a CTer (in a wasting-your-entire-life sense), and especially if you're brainwashing your kids about the assassination, you might want to consider a picnic at Dead Harvey's gravesite in Fort Worth. But watch out for CT forum members if you aren't a CTer and are actually sane. You can recognize them by their zombie-like appearance. They want to eat your brain since they lack one themselves. Restaurants near Dealy Plaza
Actually, it's DEALEY Plaza. We would think an expert like you would be keen to every single detail [especially when you seem to re-edit every one of your posts]
You know Chapman...we have all been trying our absolute damnedest  to see things from your perspective, but none of us can manage get our head up our backside let alone as far up there [and as skillfully] as you seem to.

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2018, 08:59:22 PM »
You're going to take them to a hamburger joint? Surely you jest.

If you're unfortunate enough to be a CTer (in a wasting-your-entire-life sense), and especially if you're brainwashing your kids about the assassination, you might want to consider a picnic at Dead Harvey's gravesite in Fort Worth. But watch out for CT forum members if you aren't a CTer and are actually sane. You can recognize them by their zombie-like appearance. They want to eat your brain since they lack one themselves.

Restaurants near Dealy Plaza
https://www.opentable.com/landmark/restaurants-near-dealey-plaza-park?ref=15649&SP=ppc_g_us_restaurants&LS=gglppc&MID=us_restaurants&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwOrqto3N3gIVE9RkCh3gagJpEAAYASAAEgKDy_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

You're going to take them to a hamburger joint? Surely you jest.

He, he. Yes, I jest.

If you're unfortunate enough to be a CTer (in a wasting-your-entire-life sense), and especially if you're brainwashing your kids about the assassination, you might want to consider a picnic at Dead Harvey's gravesite in Fort Worth. But watch out for CT forum members if you aren't a CTer and are actually sane. You can recognize them by their zombie-like appearance. They want to eat your brain since they lack one themselves.

My goodness, no I'm not a CTer, at least not when it comes to the JFK assassination. I guess I'll have to risk having my old brain eaten. I recommend Goya Adobo all purpose seasoning if any CTer wants to munch on the old gray matter.

Thanks for the list of restaurants. The first one, Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck looks like a good place to eat.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2018, 08:59:22 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2018, 09:00:35 PM »
Not knowing where you are now but Austin is 180 mi south [3 hrs] of Dallas. Tip--Google map Dealey Plaza..then you will see West End-- Locations- click Resturaunts, Hotels, Bars etc. [I would go with Campisi's or Herrara's]       :)

Thanks for the recommendations, Jerry.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2018, 09:17:33 PM »

The first one, Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck looks like a good place to eat.
They're pricey. Do you really like sushi? One thing that's cool is that it is up on Reunion Tower [also known as H L Hunt's last erection]  :D ...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g55711-d1382043-Reviews-560_by_Wolfgang_Puck-Dallas_Texas.html

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2018, 09:17:33 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2018, 10:06:32 PM »
They're pricey. Do you really like sushi? One thing that's cool is that it is up on Reunion Tower [also known as H L Hunt's last erection]  :D ...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g55711-d1382043-Reviews-560_by_Wolfgang_Puck-Dallas_Texas.html

Aaaahh! No, I hate sushi.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2018, 01:21:33 AM »

You could always take DART rail to Mockingbird station and walk a couple of blocks to Campesi's Eqyptian. That would be the most assassination-appropriate thing to do.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 01:54:53 AM by Mitch Todd »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2018, 01:21:33 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2018, 01:45:15 AM »
Ah, yes. Very clever. So Harvey's is OK then. I can take the family and grandkids.
There actually is a hipsterish imitation dive bar/restaurant just south of downtown named "Lee Harvey's." Never ate there myself, but I'm told it's pretty good. I can personally vouch for Meso Maya, on the north side of Woodall Rogers @ McKinney. In fact, you have a choice of good restaurants along McKinney; just keep going north. I'm sure there are some joints around American Airlines Center, but I have no idea what they are.  A bit further north, and the Katy Trail Icehouse serves some good stuff; menu is BBQ and Texana-oriented. 

Someone brought up the West End. Sadly, that ain't what it used to be.