Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Film footage comparison & film tampering...  (Read 8552 times)

Offline Patrick Jackson

Re: Film footage comparison & film tampering...
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 10:45:22 AM »
Advertisement
I don't have the means to do anything... Someone else might... or someone else might have already done some investigation on this. I do think such a comparison might provide some answers for us, that is all...
Thing is you really need seruous resorces to compare. First you need are original films. Close to imposible to have them. You cannot simply google films on the net and compare.
What I concluded over the years is that what we can find online is very bad quality films and images and that if you would have possibility to exam originals much more details would become visible such is Prayer Person.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 10:45:22 AM »

Online Michael Walton

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 03:49:02 PM »
There was and is nothing wrong with the films.  Each frame of an 8mm film is the size of a pinky nail.  It's going to capture about as much as is to be expected, which is not much compared to 35mm and on up.

Nix was a blue-collar worker who knew absolutely nothing about film - he simply was there that day to capture the president going by, just like he was there at his house the week before capturing his family at a party.  The same with Zapruder and Muchmore. Nix - and the rest of them - wouldn't have the film background to make such a profound statement as "...the film looked different."

Keep in mind, too, that this was *film* - a very organic way of capturing motion. If the original looked one way and a copy of it looked different, it's to be expected.  There was nothing sinister about it.

As I've said ad nauseum numerous times, the films were NOT tampered with. The Z film actually proves that there was a conspiracy - there is no way in hell anyone could have pulled off the sharpshooting feat that Oswald was accused of doing.  The Nix film merely confirms the Zapruder film, that neither was tampered with in any way as seen in this excellent sync of the two films.

This comparison is repeatedly ignored over and over and over again as "big deal."  It actually IS a big deal and debunks so much BS I've read about elsewhere about the films being tampered with, about frames being removed, about the Z film being shot at 18 FPS then changed mid-sequence to 48 FPS, then 67% of the frames removed. It's all ridiculous.

Offline Steve Logan

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 04:31:33 PM »
The Z film actually proves that there was a conspiracy - there is no way in hell anyone could have pulled off the sharpshooting feat that Oswald was accused of doing.

You call that sharpshooting? Oh boy.
He missed twice.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 04:31:33 PM »

Offline Steve Howsley

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 11:09:51 PM »
He missed twice.

Yep. Michael is right about there being no tampering of the films but his verdict on Oswald's marksmanship in DP is far too generous.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 12:26:45 AM »
There was and is nothing wrong with the films.  Each frame of an 8mm film is the size of a pinky nail.  It's going to capture about as much as is to be expected, which is not much compared to 35mm and on up.

Nix was a blue-collar worker who knew absolutely nothing about film - he simply was there that day to capture the president going by, just like he was there at his house the week before capturing his family at a party.  The same with Zapruder and Muchmore. Nix - and the rest of them - wouldn't have the film background to make such a profound statement as "...the film looked different."

Keep in mind, too, that this was *film* - a very organic way of capturing motion. If the original looked one way and a copy of it looked different, it's to be expected.  There was nothing sinister about it.

As I've said ad nauseum numerous times, the films were NOT tampered with. The Z film actually proves that there was a conspiracy - there is no way in hell anyone could have pulled off the sharpshooting feat that Oswald was accused of doing.  The Nix film merely confirms the Zapruder film, that neither was tampered with in any way as seen in this excellent sync of the two films.

This comparison is repeatedly ignored over and over and over again as "big deal."  It actually IS a big deal and debunks so much BS I've read about elsewhere about the films being tampered with, about frames being removed, about the Z film being shot at 18 FPS then changed mid-sequence to 48 FPS, then 67% of the frames removed. It's all ridiculous.

Since you claim 'no way' could Oswald land those shots, can I now extract from that lofty, all-knowing opinion that you would have no compunction taking Kennedy's seat with Oswald firing at you?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 12:28:27 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 12:26:45 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 12:34:05 AM »
The Z film actually proves that there was a conspiracy - there is no way in hell anyone could have pulled off the sharpshooting feat that Oswald was accused of doing.

He missed twice.

Huh?

Offline Steve Howsley

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 01:04:23 AM »
Huh?

I think he means Oswald was aiming at the head therefore two misses.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 01:04:23 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2018, 01:51:29 AM »
I think he means Oswald was aiming at the head therefore two misses.

Don't forget he missed the first shot by a good margin, not-to-mention his Walker miss at shorter range. Given those failures, one could posit that Oswald may have decided to aim center-mass on the twofer. He did indeed land one 2" from the spine, and about center on the vertical plane (reasonably equidistant between the top of the head and the backrest.

If 'bang-bang' is true, it seems he would have no time to aim precisely... just point-and-shoot and hope to get lucky. (The HSCA tests revealed that the rifle could be fired in 1.67 seconds, but most (if not all.. I don't recall) of the shots missed, only the first could be aimed precisely, and the second one could only be pointed.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 11:21:57 PM by Bill Chapman »