Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ruthie Paine's Confusing Calendar  (Read 28111 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Ruthie Paine's Confusing Calendar
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2022, 05:04:04 AM »
Advertisement
Apparently it depends upon how much fat you have between your ears. Really? Why would she need that? I would think a copy of the newspapers would be enough.
With you there's naive or absolutely nothing at all. Mostly the latter.
Why not quit while you're still behind?

What??  Quit and lose that nice addition to his bank account every month......  You silly boy.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2022, 05:04:04 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2022, 05:49:21 AM »

I'm quite sure she was an informer for the FBI.
Here is a snippet of pickled red herring for you...

Mr. JENNER - When was the first time that you heard, or had any notice of the fact that this man had been in Mexico, or possibly may have been in Mexico?
Mrs. PAINE - They are two different questions. I will answer the first one. I heard that he had been in Mexico after the assassination in one of the papers.
You don't "hear" from reading a newspaper.
Mr. JENNER - Was that the first time?
Mrs. PAINE - Yes; that was the first time. Looking back then, with that knowledge, I could see that I might have guessed this from two other things, that had happened.
Mr. JENNER - All right, give us them in sequence, please.
Mrs. PAINE - One was, I can describe by an incident that took place at our home, I am not certain which weekend, one of the times that Lee was out. He wanted to drill a hole in a silver coin for Marina so she could wear it around her neck, and presumed to use my husband's drill press, which is one of the many things in the garage, and I complained. But he convinced me that he knew how to operate it and knew just what he was doing.
So I said, all right, and he proceeded to drill a hole in this coin, and then Marina showed it to me later. I didn't look closely at it. It wasn't until--although I could have perfectly well in this situation. I did see that it was a foreign coin.
Mr. JENNER - It was a what?
Mrs. PAINE - It was a foreign coin. It was not a coin I recognized. It was about the size of a silver dollar, but not as thick, as I remember it. And it was not then until perhaps a week or something less after the assassination when an, FBI agent asked me was there anything left in the house that would be pertinent, and he and I went together and looked in the drawer in the room where Marina had been staying, and found there this drilled coin, looked at it closely, and it was a peso, the Republic of Mexico. This is the first I had looked at it closely. Also, with this peso was a Spanish-English Dictionary.
My tendency to be very hesitant to look into other people's things was rather put aside at this point, and I was very curious to see what this book was, and I observed that the price of it, or what I took to be the price was in a corner at the front was not in English money, and at the back in his hand or somebody's hand in small scribble was the notation, "Buy tickets for bull fight, get silver bracelet for Marina" and there in the drawer also was a silver bracelet with the name Marina on it, which I took to be associated with this notation.
Mr. JENNER - Was it inscribed on the bracelet?
Mrs. PAINE - It was inscribed, the name Marina. And some picture post-cards with no message, just a picture of Mexico City in this dictionary, and these I gave to the FBI agent.
Mr. JENNER - Had you seen any of these items in your home at anytime prior to this occasion that you have now described?
Mrs. PAINE - None of these items except the peso which I had not noticed to be that, seen it, of course.
Mr. JENNER - Now, that is one incident.
Mrs. PAINE - That is one incident. Another refers to a rough draft of a letter that Lee wrote and left this rough draft on my secretary desk.
Mr. JENNER - Would you describe the incident? In the meantime, I will obtain the rough draft here among my notes.
Mrs. PAINE - All right. This was on the morning of November 9, Saturday. He asked to use my typewriter, and I said he might.
Mr. JENNER - Excuse me. Would you please. state to the Commission why you are reasonably firm that it was the morning of November 9? What arrests your attention to that particular date?
Mrs. PAINE - Because I remember the weekend that this note or rough draft remained on my secretary desk. He spent the weekend on it. And the weekend was close and its residence on that desk was stopped also on the evening of Sunday, the 10th, when I moved everything in the living room around; the whole arrangement of the furniture was changed, so that I am very clear in my mind as to what weekend this was.
Mr. JENNER - All right, go ahead.
Mrs. PAINE - He was using the typewriter. I came and put June in her high-chair near him at the table where he was typing, and he moved something over what he was typing from, which aroused my curiosity.
Mr. JENNER - Why did that arouse your curiosity?
Mrs. PAINE - It appeared he didn't want me to see what he was writing or to whom he was writing. I didn't know why he had covered it. If I had peered around him, I could have looked at the typewriter and the page in it, but I didn't.
Mr. JENNER - It did make you curious?
Mrs. PAINE - It did make me curious. Then, later that day, I noticed a scrawling handwriting on a piece of paper on the corner at the top of my secretary desk in the living room. It remained there.
Sunday morning I was the first one up. I took a closer look at this, a folded sheet of paper folded at the middle. The first sentence arrested me because I knew it to be false. And for this reason I then proceeded--
Mr. JENNER - Would you just hold it at that moment. This is for purposes of identification....

Jenner failed to allow Paine to complete her statement "For this reason I then proceeded". Why did he do that?
To shorten the post somewhat Mrs Paine stated that she first "heard" of Oswald's Mexico trip when she read it in the newspapers AFTER the assassination. Yet she saw the letter that Oswald was working on referring to the same incident BEFORE the assassination.
Can someone clarify that?
Who typed that final draft [above] of the letter?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2022, 07:33:09 AM »

Who typed that final draft [above] of the letter?
OK yes I know the FBI typed it but who exactly was not identified and then again...why retype it anyway?
There was this---
Screenshot-2022-06-05-at-23-41-44-show-Doc-html" border="0

And this 'draft' [which Mrs Paine claimed she saw] and by all means revealed a certain recent travel to Mexico.

Why would Oswald write...."the birth of a daughter to my wife" instead of 'the birth of my daughter'?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2022, 07:33:09 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2022, 05:42:30 PM »
Apparently it depends upon how much fat you have between your ears. Really? Why would she need that? I would think a copy of the newspapers would be enough.
With you there's naive or absolutely nothing at all. Mostly the latter.

Again, why does it matter if you don't believe she was involved in any conspiracy?  What point are you trying to make by understanding her subjective motivation for this action (whether you think it makes sense or not)?  Can you tell us that much instead of personal commentary and insults?   By noting the date in her calendar, it provides her a context to remember the timeframe by associating it with other events going on in her life.  Most people can't remember daily details of events that took place months beforehand without some prompting like a calendar.  She was likely curious if there was anything she could remember about Oswald's conduct that was noteworthy around that timeframe. 

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2022, 05:42:12 PM »

At the top of Mrs Paine's calendar March 1963 [CE 401] there is a star and a note 'LHO purchase of rifle'. This calendar was confiscated in a search.

The calendar was confiscated on the afternoon of the coup d e'tat, 11 / 22/63....and it wasn't returned to Paine for several days.....(The police kept all of the evidence until they had time to examine it)

So Ruth Paine could NOT have made that entry on 11/23 /63..... 
Yet through the ordeal of her days of testimony...she was asked absolutely nothing about it after a tedious search as there were hours spent exploring the history of her life. Why that was... is anyone's guess.
.... it depends upon how much fat you have between your ears.
..it depends upon how much fat.. air.. ozone.. vacuum you have between your ears.
No insults there are directed to anyone in particular.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2022, 05:42:12 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2022, 05:50:15 PM »
Yet through the ordeal of her days of testimony...she was asked absolutely nothing about it after a tedious search as there were hours spent exploring the history of her life. Why that was... is anyone's guess. ..it depends upon how much fat.. air.. ozone.. vacuum you have between your ears.
No insults there are directed to anyone in particular.

She was specifically asked about the calendar notation by the WC and explained.  Again, though, after you had a tantrum denying that you ever suggested that Paine had been involved in a conspiracy, why does this matter?  It's unclear what point you are trying to make in understanding her subjective motivations.  And you have thus far refused to explain. 

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2022, 06:12:08 PM »
I stand corrected on the relevant testimony--
Mr. JENNER - Now, I turn to March, and I direct your attention to the upper left-hand corner of that card, and it appears to me that in the upper left-hand corner are October 23, then a star, then "LHO" followed by the words "purchase of rifle." Would you explain those entries?
Mrs. PAINE - Yes. This was written after.
Mr. JENNER - After?
Mrs. PAINE - This was written indeed after the assassination.
Mr. JENNER - All right.
Mrs. PAINE - I heard on the television that he had purchased a rifle.
Mr. JENNER - When?
Mrs. PAINE - I heard it on November 23.
Mr. JENNER - Yes.
Mrs. PAINE - And went back to the page for March, put a little star on March 20 as being a small square, I couldn't fit in all I wanted to say. I just put in a star and then referring it to the corner of the calendar.

Mr. JENNER - That is to the entry I have read?
Mrs. PAINE - Put the star saying "LHO purchase of rifle." Then I thought someone is going to wonder about that, I had better put down the date, and did, but it was a busy day, one of the most in my life and I was off by a month as to what day it was.
Mr. JENNER - That is you made the entry October?
Mrs. PAINE - October 23 instead of November.
Mr. JENNER - It should have been November 23?
Mrs. PAINE - It should have been November 23.
Mr. JENNER - And the entry of October 23, which should have been November 23, was an entry on your part indicating the date you wrote on the calendar the star followed by "LHO purchase of rifle" and likewise the date you made an entry?
Mrs. PAINE - On the 20th.
Mr. JENNER - This is the square having the date March 20?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2022, 06:12:08 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2022, 06:16:42 PM »

She was specifically asked about the calendar notation by the WC and explained.  Again, though, after you had a tantrum ..
The testimony was already posted on the first page of this thread and I missed it.
I had a "tantrum"?  :D
Forgot to mention that Ms Paine did not explain why she made that entry.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 06:23:56 PM by Jerry Freeman »