Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Was The Man Who Fired A Shot In Mrs. Lovell Penn?s Pasture?  (Read 18298 times)

Offline Nicholas Turner

Re: Who Was The Man Who Fired A Shot In Mrs. Lovell Penn?s Pasture?
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2018, 01:42:29 AM »
Advertisement
OK,   Sorry, Nick,  My mistake....

No problem.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2018, 01:42:29 AM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2018, 03:04:11 AM »
A 6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano is the name of a particular design of cartridge. There are other 6.5 mm calibre cartridges if different designs. You can look it up online.

I don't want to. You made it sound like only a M-C could fire a 6.5 mm cartridge. Is this true or not?

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2018, 06:27:51 AM »
A 6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano is the name of a particular design of cartridge. There are other 6.5 mm calibre cartridges if different designs. You can look it up online.

I don't want to. You made it sound like only a M-C could fire a 6.5 mm cartridge. Is this true or not?
That's not what he said at all.  He said that there a number different cartridges designed for a 6.5mm bore, but the design of these cartridges differ.

There are a number of military 6.5mm rifle cartridges out there: 6.5 Carcano, 6.5 Swedish Mauser, 6.5 Portugese, 6.5 Romanian Mauser, 6.5 Arisaka, etc. There are also a like number of civilian cartridges. While all of the bullets might satisfactorily pass through a 6.5mm barrel, the case designs differ, and a cartridge for one design won't fit in a rifle built for another.

BTW, if you spent a little more time searching, and less time making pointless arguments, you might find that the 6.5 mm round provided by Mrs Penn was a surplus Carcano round made by SMI:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=62272&search=pc-78441#relPageId=72&tab=page

BTW, Mrs Penn only said that "she saw a photograph of OSWALD in the newspaper and stated that a side view of OSWALD does not look like this person. The full face photograph, however, she believes does resemble him."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2018, 06:27:51 AM »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2018, 07:13:47 AM »

That's clearly not what I said.

Sometime back you picked me up on not knowing about some piece of evidence you thought significant and said 'If you genuinely cared then you would learn the evidence, but, alas, you want me to spoon feed you instead. I am not going to waste my time.' You don't mind if I borrow it do you?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 07:26:38 AM by Nicholas Turner »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2018, 01:29:11 PM »

Sometime back you picked me up on not knowing about some piece of evidence you thought significant and said 'If you genuinely cared then you would learn the evidence, but, alas, you want me to spoon feed you instead. I am not going to waste my time.' You don't mind if I borrow it do you?

"you want me to spoon feed you"

"I am not going to waste my time."

That's the smart thing to do when dealing with, Robbie....   If you try to enlighten him ....He spits in your face.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2018, 01:29:11 PM »

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2018, 02:04:08 PM »
That's not what he said at all.  He said that there a number different cartridges designed for a 6.5mm bore, but the design of these cartridges differ.

There are a number of military 6.5mm rifle cartridges out there: 6.5 Carcano, 6.5 Swedish Mauser, 6.5 Portugese, 6.5 Romanian Mauser, 6.5 Arisaka, etc. There are also a like number of civilian cartridges. While all of the bullets might satisfactorily pass through a 6.5mm barrel, the case designs differ, and a cartridge for one design won't fit in a rifle built for another.

BTW, if you spent a little more time searching, and less time making pointless arguments, you might find that the 6.5 mm round provided by Mrs Penn was a surplus Carcano round made by SMI:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=62272&search=pc-78441#relPageId=72&tab=page

BTW, Mrs Penn only said that "she saw a photograph of OSWALD in the newspaper and stated that a side view of OSWALD does not look like this person. The full face photograph, however, she believes does resemble him."

This is what Nicholas Turner originally said:

6.5mm Mannlicher--Carcano is a piece of ammunition.

This is what I am responding to. If you can't follow along then just ignore.

Your star witness for the JDT murder, Helen Markham, supposedly identified LHO by a profile view only so what is your point?

Still no answer on who the LHO lookalike was, huh?

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2018, 02:06:54 PM »

Can you support your statement or not?

6.5mm Mannlicher--Carcano is a piece of ammunition.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2018, 02:06:54 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2018, 05:37:45 PM »
This is what Nicholas Turner originally said:

This is what I am responding to. If you can't follow along then just ignore.

Your star witness for the JDT murder, Helen Markham, supposedly identified LHO by a profile view only so what is your point?

Still no answer on who the LHO lookalike was, huh?

Even starting from where you'd prefer, you still totally missed it. This is the exchange between you and Nick:

Nick: 6.5mm Mannlicher--Carcano is a piece of ammunition.

Rob: So a 6.5 mm is exclusive to a M-C? Can you support this?

Nick: A 6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano is the name of a particular design of cartridge. There are other 6.5 mm calibre cartridges if different designs. You can look it up online.

Rob: I don't want to. You made it sound like only a M-C could fire a 6.5 mm cartridge. Is this true or not?

His original line simply doesn't assert, imply, or insinuate that "6.5 mm is exclusive to a M-C," as you thought. His reply to your first question should have cleared up that misapprehension on your part, but you doubled down. When he gave you a sage bit of advice, that you could easily look it up yourself, you just "didn't want to," as you put it.

That is, you got it wrong in the first place, refused to accept that you misunderstood even after he clarified his statement (which he shouldn't have needed to do in the first place). Then decided to defiantly maintain your ignorance on the subject at hand. You're a real pro!

That being said, as far as I'm concerned, the star witness in the Tippit killing is Ted Callaway. Markham herself said that she wasn't sure until Oswald turned sideways, which of course implies that she did that the he at least resembled the shooter from the front. Table it out, and the difference should be self-evident:

Full Frontal           Profile
Markham        Maybe                 Yes
Penn              Maybe                  No

The case given the FBI was made by SMI. The only ammo we know that Oswald had was WCC, and the FBI determined that the Penn case wasn't fired from the Oswald rifle anyway. At that point, there was no point in continuing to pursue the identity of the man in Penn's pasture.  Your demand that everyone else identify the man is nothing more than a a way to avoid facing the fact that there was no lead to be found at the Penn property.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 06:33:53 PM by Mitch Todd »