Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If a bullet didn't go through JFK, then exactly how did Connally get hit?  (Read 50883 times)

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
Re: If a bullet didn't go through JFK, then exactly how did Connally get hit?
« Reply #280 on: September 26, 2018, 05:47:42 AM »
Advertisement
Like those witnesses you cite describing slumping on the "first shot" and it turns out they're describing the shot before the head shot.
Like I said, you editorialize. When you say "it turns out" you mean "they really observed what I say they observed, not what they thought they observed"

Kennedy supposedly looking in the direction of Jackie is part of the "severe external stimulus" you cited.

"At approximately Zapruder frame 200, Kennedy's movements suddenly
     freeze; his right hand abruptly stops in the midst of a waving motion and
     his head moves rapidly from right to his left in the direction of his wife.
     Based on these movements, it appears that by the time the President
     goes behind the sign at frame 207 he is evidencing some kind of reaction
     to a severe external stimulus. By the time he emerges from behind the sign
     at Zapruder frame 225, the President makes a clutching motion with his
     hands toward his neck, indicating clearly that he has been shot."                                                                                      (VI HSCA 46)
Again, you are editorializing. Nowhere does it say or suggest in that passage that JFK turned toward Jackie, or turned his face toward, or was looking in the direction of Jackie. He moved his head and body to the left from the far right side of the car. Left happened to be in the direction of Jackie. Powers observed it from directly behind.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 05:50:26 AM by Andrew Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #280 on: September 26, 2018, 05:47:42 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #281 on: September 26, 2018, 07:57:11 AM »
That means no one in the Limousine reacted at all from late Z150s - Z202,

In the following stabilized clip I've got the shot in the early 150's which is generally accepted as the first shot and as predicted several frames later we have the first of Zapruder's vertical flinches and virtually simultaneously with Zapruder's flinch Connally quickly turns to look over his right shoulder.

We had just made the turn, well, when I heard what I thought was a shot. I heard this noise which I immediately took to be a rifle shot. I instinctively turned to my right because the sound appeared to come from over my right shoulder, so I turned to look back over my right shoulder,...
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/conn_j.htm

And as Jerry mentioned Rosemary Willis said she heard the shot, stopped and looked back towards the Depository.

Gerda Dunckel

Ms. Willis has explained, several times since the assassination, that she looked back at the Book Depository and stopped running because she was following the sound of the first shot.
http://www.washingtondecoded.com/site/2013/12/redskirt.html

JohnM
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 08:42:25 AM by John Mytton »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #282 on: September 26, 2018, 09:46:31 AM »
Your definitive evidence for a shot BEFORE Willis took his photo at Z202 equivalent is?

Here we go again, I provide proof of Rosemary Willis who ran around the pool eager to keep up with Kennedy suddenly stopping and looking back towards the Depository BEFORE Z202, Connally's testimony of him hearing a shot and looking to his right matches Zapruder BEFORE Z202 and the first of Zapruder's vertical flinches occurs about the same time as Connally's quick turn and BEFORE Z202 and then with maximum ignorance you ask for "definitive evidence" like as if what was presented wasn't enough. And in return all you got is 1 photo that shows nothing from 1 eyewitness who wanted to give his photo some significance and along with all his and his families documentary appearances he was doing alright.

JohnM
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:14:12 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #282 on: September 26, 2018, 09:46:31 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #283 on: September 26, 2018, 10:36:06 AM »
Like I said, you editorialize. When you say "it turns out" you mean "they really observed what I say they observed, not what they thought they observed"

The Chisms, for example, are two-shot/maybe-three-shot witnesses who describe the slumping-shot as the one before the head shot. You instead cite the first of the two shots they can place in their statements as the "first" in a three-shot scenario.

In their affidavits, the Chisms each describe two shots only. You weakly claim they were not asked how many shots as if it's something that can be surmised from the  affidavits (in a later interview, John Chism said "he heard at least two shots and possibly three"). Since it is two shots initially described, the "first shot" they're describing is the one before the head-shot, in my scenario it would be the Z223 SBT double-hit.

Again, you are editorializing. Nowhere does it say or suggest in that passage that JFK turned toward Jackie, or turned his face toward, or was looking in the direction of Jackie. He moved his head and body to the left from the far right side of the car. Left happened to be in the direction of Jackie. Powers observed it from directly behind.

I think they were getting at his head facing Mrs. Kennedy.

"Then during frames 200-202, his head moves rapidly from right to left.
     The sudden interruption of the president's hand-waving motion,
     coupled with his rapid head movements, was considered by the
     photographic panel as evidence of President Kennedy's reaction to
     some "severe external stimulus.""

They don't say his head went from looking to his right to looking forward, an amount of movement hardly worth mentioning.

But if you're right--and the head movement is an inconsequencial amount--then the startling "severe external stimulus" you cited is basically the right hand stopping waving. Geeze, if it actually did stop waving, it doesn't mean he was shot; it would as well mean he simply decided to stop waving and lower his arm to the car rail as he did throughout the motorcade.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #284 on: September 26, 2018, 11:02:02 AM »
Here we go again, I provide proof of Rosemary Willis who ran around the pool eager to keep up with Kennedy suddenly stopping and looking back towards the Depository BEFORE Z202, Connally's testimony of him hearing a shot and looking to his right matches Zapruder BEFORE Z202 and the first of Zapruder's vertical flinches occurs about the same time as Connally's quick turn and BEFORE Z202 and then with maximum ignorance you ask for "definitive evidence" like as if what was presented wasn't enough. And in return all you got is 1 photo that shows nothing from 1 eyewitness who wanted to give his photo some significance and along with all his and his families documentary appearances he was doing alright.

JohnM

Yes, Willis at the time was marketing a set of slides through "Phil Willis Enterprises".

Willis became associated with the capture of the first Japanese POW in 1941. Kazuo Sakamaki survived the stranding of his midget submarine by making to shore where he was captured. Officially, David M. Akui and  Lieutenant Paul C. Plybon are credited with the capture.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #284 on: September 26, 2018, 11:02:02 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #285 on: September 26, 2018, 11:56:05 AM »
The significance of that factoid to when the first shot was fired in Dealey Plaza is?

Willis capitalized on his brush with fame. In promoting his slide set, it was to his financial advantage to make it appear that one of his slides was taken "at the moment" of the first shot.

But under oath, Willis did the right thing and acknowledges the rightward head-turn of Mrs. Kennedy from his side of the side to the opposite side, caused he said by her reaction to the first shot. She begins her head turn in the Z170s.

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2018, 12:46:01 PM »
It's amazing that others in the limo weren't killed in the shooting . I think the only reason that shots were also made from the front of the limo was do to the fact that the shooters from behind had not made a kill shot . JFK might have survived if nobody was shooting from the front. It never helps when Greer slows down to almost a stop . We have all " rolled " a stop sign before so when observers see the limo slowing down to almost stopping then there was a case to believe that things were not what they seemed to be when watching the Zapruder film . Connally just caught a bullet that was intended for JFK . So for those who say that it would have been an easy shot , then there were some, not so experts, firing from behind.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2018, 12:46:01 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #287 on: September 26, 2018, 12:57:07 PM »

The first shot was fired between Jean Newman and the Chisms who were at the corner of the Stemmons Freeway sign. The first shot ocurred directly in front of Calvery, Hicks, Reed, and Westbrook, the secretaries from the TSBD, who were interviewed by the FBI in February and March of 1964. The Chisms, Jean Newman stated there was just two shots. The secretaries never were asked. Woodward places the first shot after Z204 and JBC places the first shot when he is adjacent to the Chisms.

John Chism :  "And just as he got just about in front of me, he turned and waved at the crowd on this side of the street, the right side; at this point I heard what sounded like one shot,"

Jean Newman : "The motorcade had just passed me when I heard that I thought was a firecracker at first, and the President had just passed me, because after he had just passed, there was a loud report"

Gloria Calvery : "The car he was in was almost directly in front of where I was Standing when I heard the first shot."

Karan Hicks : "The car he was in was almost directly in front Of whero I was standing when I heard the first explosion. I did not immediately recognize this sound as a gunshot"

Karen Westbrook :  "The car he was in was almost directly  in front of where I was standing when I heard the first explosion. I did not immediately recognize this sound as a gun shot ."

=====================================================

Woodward said the earsplitting noise happened after JFK turned forward and not before.  JFK does not turn forward until Z204+

Mary Woodward
"After acknowledging our cheers, he [JFK] faced forward again and suddenly there was a horrible, ear-splitting noise coming from behind us and a little to the right.
========================================================

The only children on the right side of the street was first the Chisms and then the Newmans.
Mr. SPECTER. When you turned to your right. Governor Connally, immediately after you heard the first shot. what did you see on that occasion?
Governor CONNALLY. Nothing of any significance except just people out on the grass slope. I didn't see anything that was out of the ordinary, just saw men, women, and children.