Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If a bullet didn't go through JFK, then exactly how did Connally get hit?  (Read 50915 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: If a bullet didn't go through JFK, then exactly how did Connally get hit?
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2018, 02:42:12 AM »
Advertisement
In the following stabilized clip I've got the shot in the early 150's which is generally accepted as the first shot and as predicted several frames later we have the first of Zapruder's vertical flinches and virtually simultaneously with Zapruder's flinch Connally quickly turns to look over his right shoulder.

We had just made the turn, well, when I heard what I thought was a shot. I heard this noise which I immediately took to be a rifle shot. I instinctively turned to my right because the sound appeared to come from over my right shoulder, so I turned to look back over my right shoulder,...
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/conn_j.htm

JohnM
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 04:10:42 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2018, 02:42:12 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2018, 03:13:12 AM »
Jerry, you should take some time to read my paper on this.

Thanks for the new bookmark.

This one was working yesterday: Mason | Witness Evidence, but no more.

It appears you made some changes?

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2018, 03:48:39 AM »
That is pretty much how Connally is positioned at the time of the first shot, which, according to the evidence, was after z186 and before z202:

It doesn't look like Connally's chest is facing as far to his right as you have him in your 3-D drawing.

Jack Ready, riding on the right front running board of the QM, said he turned immediately to the rear. In order to do that he has to release his right hand from the right hand-hold. He does that at z199. I put the first shot at z195, at which time Oswald had a clear view of the President as he emerges from under the oak tree branches (through which he could be easily tracked).

Been through this before. Agent Ready said the first shot occurred as:

"we began the approach to the Thornton Freeway"
    "The shooting occurred as we were approaching the
     Thornton Freeway [sign]"

Betzner (Z186)

Willis 05 (Z202)

Which photo better represents Ready "approaching" the Thornton sign? Maybe a shot in the Z150s would better represent to Ready the beginning of the approach to the Thornton sign.

Ready moves his head rightward to a greater extend between Z165 and Z169 than he does just after Mason's Z199 "immediate" turn.

I estimate a 60? head-turn within a one-quarter second time span.

Z200 (clearer than Z199)
Much of Ready's "turn" between Z200 and Z207 is because his right side "expands" due to his right arm filling the area as it lowers. Ready's head turns a fraction. Also, you have Ready hearing a first shot fired at Z195 and reacting to it by deciding to remove his right hand from the handhold at Z199.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2018, 03:48:39 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2018, 04:08:10 AM »

Anyone else in the back seat of the Limo, directly behind Kellerman, that spoke in a Boston accent?

A through and through bullet strike coming out of the throat (an essential requirement for the SBT) and you can clearly speak?

More importantly did anyone else in the back seats of the Limo who were closer to JFK than Kellerman, did any of these people hear the same "Boston accent"?

JohnM

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2018, 04:18:37 AM »
Seven wounds?

Connally's thigh was deep within the Limo, how did a bullet reach his thigh, was this assassin part of your blimp team?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2018, 04:18:37 AM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2018, 04:31:33 AM »
Kellerman

Mr. KELLERMAN. As we turned off Houston onto Elm and made the short little dip to the left going down grade, as I said, we were away from buildings, and were?there was a sign on the side of the road which I don't recall what it was or what it said, but we no more than passed that and you are out in the open, and there is a report like a firecracker, pop. And I turned my head to the right because whatever this noise was I was sure that it came from the right and perhaps into the rear, and as I turned my head to the right to view whatever it was or see whatever it was, I heard a voice from the back seat and I firmly believe it was the President's, "My God, I am hit," and I turned around and he has has got his hands up here like this.

Mr. KELLERMAN. OK. From the noise of which I was in the process of turning to determine where it was or what it was, it carried on right then. Why I am so positive, gentlemen, that it was his voice?there is only one man in that back seat that was from Boston, and the accents carried very clearly.

Mr. SPECTER. Well, had you become familiar with the President's voice prior to that day?
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes; very much so.
Mr. SPECTER. And what was the basis for your becoming familiar with his voice prior to that day?
Mr. KELLERMAN. I had been with him for 3 years.
Mr. SPECTER. And had you talked with him on a very frequent basis during the course of that association?
Mr. KELLERMAN. He was a very free man to talk to; yes. He knew most all the men, most everybody who worked in the White House as well as everywhere, and he would call you.
Mr. SPECTER. And from your experience would you say that you could recognize the voice?
Mr. KELLERMAN. Very much, sir; I would.
Mr. SPECTER. Now, I think you may have answered this, but I want to pinpoint just when you heard that statement which you have attributed to President Kennedy in relationship to the sound which you described as a firecracker.
Mr. KELLERMAN. This noise which I attribute as a firecracker, when this occurred and I am in the process of determining where it comes because I am sure it came off my right rear somewhere; the voice broke in right then.
Mr. SPECTER. At about the same time?
Mr. KELLERMAN. That is correct, sir. That is right.
Mr. SPECTER. Now, did President Kennedy say anything beside, "My God, I am hit."
Mr. KELLERMAN. That is the last words he said, sir.

Mr. SPECTER. You just indicated that you had turned to the left. Had you turned to the left after hearing his voice?
Mr. KELLERMAN. Yes; certainly.

Anyone else in the back seat of the Limo, directly behind Kellerman, that spoke in a Boston accent?

A through and through bullet strike coming out of the throat (an essential requirement for the SBT) and you can clearly speak?

Kellerman was just mistaken about what he heard. His first statement on 11/23 was JFK saying "get me to a hospital." not "My God I am hit." Kellerman just thought he heard something.

Mrs. CONNALLY. In fact the receptions had been. so good every place that I had showed much restraint by not mentioning something about it before.
I could resist no longer. When we got past this area I did turn to the President and said, "Mr. President, you can't say Dallas doesn't love you."
Then I don't know how soon, it seems to me it was very soon, that I heard a noise, and not being an expert rifleman, I was not aware that it was a rifle. It was just a frightening noise, and it came from the right.
I turned over my right shoulder and looked back, and saw the President as he had both hands at his neck.
Mr. SPECTER. And you are indicating with your own hands, two hands crossing over gripping your own neck?
Mrs. CONNALLY. Yes; and it seemed to me there was--he made no utterance, no cry. I saw no blood, no anything. It was just sort of nothing, the expression on his face, and he just sort of slumped down.
Then very soon there was the second shot that hit John. As the first shot was hit, and I turned to look at the same time, I recall John saying, "Oh, no, no, no." Then there was a second shot, and it hit John, and as he recoiled to the right, just crumpled like a wounded animal to the right, he said, "My God, they are going to kill us all."

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2018, 04:44:39 AM »
Connally's thigh was deep within the Limo, how did a bullet reach his thigh, was this assassin part of your blimp team?

JohnM

No problem in CT Wonderland. Just add however many shooters needed, and stir.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2018, 04:44:39 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2018, 07:05:52 AM »
[...you could have omitted this...]
Immediately I heard what I firmly believe was the President's voice, "My God, I'm hit!" I turned around to find out what happened when two additional shots rang out, and the President slumped into Mrs. Kennedy's lap and Governor Connally fell_to Mrs. Connally's lap. I heard Mrs. Kennedy shout, "What are they doing to you?"

I yelled at William Greer (the driver) to "Step on it, we're hit!" and grabbed the mike from the car radio, called to SA Lawson in the police lead car that we were hit and to get us to a hospital.
Nellie Connally, John Connally, and Mrs Kennedy all testified that JFK didn't say a word. Nor did Greer report hearing from JFK, IIRC.