Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: If a bullet didn't go through JFK, then exactly how did Connally get hit?  (Read 50770 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: If a bullet didn't go through JFK, then exactly how did Connally get hit?
« Reply #296 on: September 26, 2018, 08:45:34 PM »
Advertisement
There was no sudden action on the part of Rosemary Willis until z202-206 (clip below) when she turns her head sharply to the right, back toward the TSBD.  She said that when she heard the shot she looked back and saw pigeons flying from the top of the TSBD.  Up to that point she was watching the President's limo. She does not completely stop until z199.

---------frames z202 to z206 at 200 ms/frame -------------------->

She does not completely stop until z199.

Why did she stop at all and then what are the chances that as soon as she stops less than half a second later she hears the first shot?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #296 on: September 26, 2018, 08:45:34 PM »

Offline Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #297 on: September 26, 2018, 08:57:36 PM »
In the following stabilized clip I've got the shot in the early 150's which is generally accepted as the first shot and as predicted several frames later we have the first of Zapruder's vertical flinches and virtually simultaneously with Zapruder's flinch Connally quickly turns to look over his right shoulder.

Of course, there is a great deal of evidence that the first shot was when the VP car had completed the turn and the VP security car had almost completed it and when the President was opposite the Thornton Freeway sign, and after z186 (Betzner) and enough after Croft (z161) for Croft to click the shutter again (the latter exposure being at the time of the first shot. Unfortunately, the camera malfunctioned).  There is also evidence (Mary Woodward and her group) that the President and Jackie turned in response to them shouting to them to look in their direction.  There is no evidence that conflicts with this timing.

So why not put "Hey Mr. President, over here!!" in place of the "Bang" and your frames will actually correspond to the evidence.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #298 on: September 26, 2018, 09:00:22 PM »
There was no sudden action on the part of Rosemary Willis until z202-206 (clip below) when she turns her head sharply to the right, back toward the TSBD.  She said that when she heard the shot she looked back and saw pigeons flying from the top of the TSBD.  Up to that point she was watching the President's limo. She does not completely stop until z199.

---------frames z202 to z206 at 200 ms/frame -------------------->

This claim of yours is absolute nonsense.

Gerda Dunckel

Rosemary is noticeably slowing down in the Z160s and her arms are dropping. She already turned away from the limousine and is looking across the street.

What you did with your Z202-206 animated clip was to edit out Rosemary having turned away from the limousine and the slowing down span necessary to safety stop from a run. You then claimed:

"There was no sudden action on the part of Rosemary Willis until
     z202-206 (clip below) when she turns her head sharply to the right,
     back toward the TSBD."

Other than a minute head-turn Z200-202 (which certainly doesn't bring her head to the fore as in Z216), the frames above show Rosemary continued to look to across the street.

I believe she first begins to look to her front in Z313 Z213, getting her head turned that fully by Z216.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 11:23:44 PM by Jerry Organ »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #298 on: September 26, 2018, 09:00:22 PM »

Offline Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #299 on: September 26, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »
Why did she stop at all and then what are the chances that as soon as she stops less than half a second later she hears the first shot?
I am not sure she needed a reason to stop.  She may simply have seen no purpose in continuing to run.

She was obviously running to keep up with the president's car. Maybe she realized she could not keep up.  Also, she slows down as soon as she reaches the grass. Maybe that had something to do with it.  It seems rather odd that it would take her almost 3 seconds to stop running if a shot at z155 (that everyone thought was after the VP car had completed the turn) was the reason for stopping.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #300 on: September 26, 2018, 09:40:12 PM »
Of course, there is a great deal of evidence that the first shot was when the VP car had completed the turn and the VP security car had almost completed it

By Z150. the VP car has completed about 70? of the turn away from Houston. A right-angle turn is 90?. For all practical purposes, the car is off Houston and I would think the occupants would be looking down Elm by then.

and when the President was opposite the Thornton Freeway sign, and after z186 (Betzner) and enough after Croft (z161) for Croft to click the shutter again (the latter exposure being at the time of the first shot. Unfortunately, the camera malfunctioned).

The Croft events were characterized that way in an FBI airtel--though even they didn't claim the latter exposure was at the time of the first shot. According to the airtel, the photo that didn't turn out was "taken simultaneously with the shot which killed the President." Most interpreters of the airtel take that to mean the head-shot (though the car would be some 150 feet away from Croft by then and his view mostly blcoked by the Queen Mary and agents aboard her). But Croft has never said any of that verbatim.

He told Trask in 1988 that "I can't tell you at this point anything about the shots, numbers, or where they were." He said: "I wouldn't think that I'd be changing the f-stop on it much between the corner and down on the side. I don't know why it was blank." Croft's previous picture was taken on the corner of Main and Houston. Which means the next picture he took was the Z161 photo (which did turn out). I think Croft is confused on some things.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #300 on: September 26, 2018, 09:40:12 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #301 on: September 26, 2018, 09:59:34 PM »
I am not sure she needed a reason to stop.  She may simply have seen no purpose in continuing to run.

She was obviously running to keep up with the president's car. Maybe she realized she could not keep up.  Also, she slows down as soon as she reaches the grass. Maybe that had something to do with it.  It seems rather odd that it would take her almost 3 seconds to stop running if a shot at z155 (that everyone thought was after the VP car had completed the turn) was the reason for stopping.

I am not sure she needed a reason to stop.

Maybe like she said, she heard a shot.

It seems rather odd that it would take her almost 3 seconds to stop running

Seriously, that's your argument? She was running at a fair gallop and was trying to process what she heard and you expect her to stop on a dime, you try it.

JohnM
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:02:26 PM by John Mytton »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #302 on: September 26, 2018, 10:25:28 PM »
Maybe like she said, she heard a shot.

Or she stopped because her dad called out.

Shaw trial testimony:

Q: After having taken this photograph, Mr. Willis, what did you do?

A: My two little daughters were running along down the hill paralleling the Presidential car there and I yelled to one of them, which is the first thing I did, and then I heard at least two more shots and then I started looking for them and looking down and hollering for them to come back to me and they came running back crying.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #302 on: September 26, 2018, 10:25:28 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #303 on: September 26, 2018, 10:54:34 PM »
Or she stopped because her dad called out.

Shaw trial testimony:

Q: After having taken this photograph, Mr. Willis, what did you do?

A: My two little daughters were running along down the hill paralleling the Presidential car there and I yelled to one of them, which is the first thing I did, and then I heard at least two more shots and then I started looking for them and looking down and hollering for them to come back to me and they came running back crying.

If Willis was talking about Rosemary, she had completely stopped running by about Z198 so at what point after Willis took his photo did he yell at a running Rosemary?

JohnM