Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: New Discovery The Missing Segment Of The Jimmy Darnell Film  (Read 10261 times)

Offline Barry Pollard

Re: New Discovery The Missing Segment Of The Jimmy Darnell Film
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 01:39:45 PM »
Advertisement
    You think about it and Darnell filmed Both Press Buses on Houston St. He also filmed the 2nd Press Bus/Trailing Press Bus going underneath the Triple Underpass. This means he was moving down the South side of Elm St/looking down Elm St only seconds after the Kill Shot.  As he moved West down Elm, Darnell probably witnessed Officer Hargis traveling to the North side of Elm St/The Knoll, in addition to the movements of The Umbrella Man and The Cuban. At some point Darnell crossed Elm St and then ventured behind the Zapruder Pergola. This means he also probably had a very good look at the Black Dog Man Nook, the Gordon Arnold area West of The Steps, the parking lot behind the Picket Fence, as well as the immediate area directly behind the Picket Fence itself. Darnell is another extremely valuable eyewitness that was Not called to Testify before the WC.   

IMHO he wasn't called because he could not remember the gun in the window event but sorry, the buses on Houston? He caught them on tape and you've seen it?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 01:39:45 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 04:27:03 PM »
IMHO he wasn't called because he could not remember the gun in the window event but sorry, the buses on Houston? He caught them on tape and you've seen it?

A short Darnell Film snippet was discovered by Thurman Lee Storing. This snippet shows the 2 Press Buses on Houston. It is at the :10 second mark on the fuzzy Darnell Film compilation that begins this Thread. I have seen clearer footage of this snippet. The MASSIVE Press Buses on Houston St. are not difficult to distinguish. 

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 06:16:51 PM »
Guess I was too busy focusing on the peeps opposite the TSBD to notice them Royell but ty yes, a bit hard to miss.

Is everyone happy with this being Darnell now?

Between us and the v front of the bus.

Hargis seems to be back at the lamppost before/as Darnell jumped out, as seen in Couch.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 06:16:51 PM »

Offline Nellie Jackson

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 08:08:45 AM »
Jimmy Darnell was my Father and I can confirm that is him in the picture.

Offline Sim Heninger

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 01:28:49 AM »
Jimmy Darnell was my Father and I can confirm that is him in the picture.
Welcome, Nellie.

How did you come to join the forum?  I don't know where to begin with all the other questions I have, and I'm sure many people over the years have wanted to know the whereabouts of any complete version of your father's film in Dealey Plaza, but I'm gonna just stick with: did your father ever make any comments to you about that day?  I hope you don't mind my asking.  Many who were there, including reporters, kept their feelings pretty close, as people in those days tended to, much more than we do now.  It was a frightening and disheartening experience -- not just "the big story".

Anyway, thanks for the i.d. of him in the pic, every fact matters.

Sim 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 01:28:49 AM »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2019, 06:53:08 PM »
Timing is good, suit is a match and what's that shape near his rhand pocket?
Trask's instinct was right on the money.

Jackson got all the credit and reward where Darnell got barely a mention, despite outclassing him as a newsman and when it really mattered too.  I'd be embarrassed to be related to the former because each year that passes his story becomes less and less believable but what's not to like about Jimmy?  I think enthusiasts are realising, finally, just what a solid job he did that day.  His path to the carpark and back are much like that of a detective's, looking for clues then recording them as he goes.

Offline Nellie Jackson

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2019, 08:04:48 AM »
Welcome, Nellie.

How did you come to join the forum?  I don't know where to begin with all the other questions I have, and I'm sure many people over the years have wanted to know the whereabouts of any complete version of your father's film in Dealey Plaza, but I'm gonna just stick with: did your father ever make any comments to you about that day?  I hope you don't mind my asking.  Many who were there, including reporters, kept their feelings pretty close, as people in those days tended to, much more than we do now.  It was a frightening and disheartening experience -- not just "the big story".

Anyway, thanks for the i.d. of him in the pic, every fact matters.

Sim 
I actually stumbled onto this Forum by accident. I was searching for a video of my Dad that my husband had never seen, and noticed that my Dad's name was mentioned a lot on this website and am always on the lookout for articles or pictures that my Mom may not already be in possession of. To be honest, I was a little concerned about posting, but noticed all the questions/discussion about whether or not it was him in a particular video snippet, so I thought I'd try to help. My Dad did one or two big interviews about the assassination, but was very humble and more interested in being behind the camera as opposed to in front of it. I think he also just wanted to move on from it. However, is was a topic of discussion within our family and close circle of friends that he was always very willing to talk about it and recounted details openly. And, yes, there has been a lot of controversy about all the original footage and it's whereabouts. I think that's finally been resolved - or at least close to being resolved.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2019, 08:04:48 AM »

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2019, 09:51:12 AM »
I actually stumbled onto this Forum by accident. I was searching for a video of my Dad that my husband had never seen, and noticed that my Dad's name was mentioned a lot on this website and am always on the lookout for articles or pictures that my Mom may not already be in possession of. To be honest, I was a little concerned about posting, but noticed all the questions/discussion about whether or not it was him in a particular video snippet, so I thought I'd try to help. My Dad did one or two big interviews about the assassination, but was very humble and more interested in being behind the camera as opposed to in front of it. I think he also just wanted to move on from it. However, is was a topic of discussion within our family and close circle of friends that he was always very willing to talk about it and recounted details openly. And, yes, there has been a lot of controversy about all the original footage and it's whereabouts. I think that's finally been resolved - or at least close to being resolved.

Hi Nellie

Welcome to the forum.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 06:00:39 PM by Robin Unger »