Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: New Discovery The Missing Segment Of The Jimmy Darnell Film  (Read 10262 times)

Online James Hackerott

Re: New Discovery The Missing Segment Of The Jimmy Darnell Film
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 02:55:02 AM »
Advertisement

James, here is the frame I've been posting about.  It is a rogue item, because it was mistakenly called a Couch frame when I copied it off of the internet years ago.  I have no idea what internet source I got it from, but I did realize that it doesn't fit in Couch's film.  Couch filmed the identical moment from a point just to the left of this one.  Therefore, this must be a Darnell frame...like the same sequence of the front of the TSBD which appears in both their films, almost, but not quite, identical...you get the idea.  The first camera car and the motorcycle cop can, I think, be seen in similar positions in the two frames you have last posted.

The quality of our respective images is very different, but the angle and actions of the cameraman seem the same to me.

Good stuff,
Sim
Sim, thank you for the frame. There can be no doubt it is from Darnell. I matched the equivalent Couch frame by creating stereo pairs until I found a frame that helped to place the motorcycle (Haygood?). There is only a small amount of overlap of those two frames, but enough to get a reasonable anaglyph ? just for fun.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 02:55:02 AM »

Offline Sim Heninger

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 11:49:08 PM »
nice....have to get me some of them glasses.

In the Darnell frame showing Haygood, just below the 2nd cam car's license plate, the corner of the front left fender of cam car 3 can be seen.  It was a '64 Impala, I believe.  This shows that Darnell's/Couch's/Dillard's/Jackson's/Underwood's car was stopped halfway through the turn onto Elm, just as they all said, when they jumped out or started taking pictures.

Thanks again, James
Sim
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 11:52:12 PM by Sim Heninger »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 04:13:44 PM »
Allow me to elaborate, by ?missing? I am referring to the fact that the vast majority of clips of the Jimmy Darnell film do not contain the sequence of footage showing a.) the press buses backed up on Houston Street or b.) Camera Cars 1 and 2 moving down Elm (Darnell shot this after he jumped from Camera Car 3 and started running down the street). Most versions either begin with a modified version that shows the front of the Texas School Book Depository (nearly identical to the Malcolm Couch film) but exercise the footage with the press buses and Darnell filming while running, or other versions edit all these sequences out and cut directly to the scene on the north side of Elm Street showing Bill Newman pounding his fist on the ground.

An interesting note to all this is that while Richard Trask reprinted a frame of the Elm Street sequence in 1998?s ?That Day in Dallas,? his description of the Darnell film in 1993?s landmark text ?Pictures of the Pain? does not mention any footage previous to that of the Newmans as I mentioned above.

*excise the footage

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 04:13:44 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 04:20:17 PM »
It would be nice if I could "freeze frame" the segment without having Vevo's ad pop up and cover the bottom half of it.

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 04:20:54 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 06:54:02 PM »
So all of this work...all of this stabilization.. all of this "look! I've synced up a frame of it with another clip!"... for a 1-second clip of "missing" film when Kennedy'c car is long gone.

And this is....significant...?

Uh....wow(?)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 06:54:02 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 10:44:06 PM »
So all of this work...all of this stabilization.. all of this "look! I've synced up a frame of it with another clip!"... for a 1-second clip of "missing" film when Kennedy'c car is long gone.

And this is....significant...?

Uh....wow(?)

I believe it has something to do with the Historical Record. To some people the JFK Assassination is more than a reality version of  the board game "CLUE".

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2019, 03:28:14 PM »
I've speculated in the past that the actions of these occupants in this camera car alone, may have influenced at least Brennan and Euins to look up at the building too, too bad the sequence doesn't allow us to see them or anyone looking that way but appreciate the effort James.
25 mins of unseen Darnell though, something to look forward to.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2019, 03:28:14 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2019, 04:18:20 PM »
I've speculated in the past that the actions of these occupants in this camera car alone, may have influenced at least Brennan and Euins to look up at the building too, too bad the sequence doesn't allow us to see them or anyone looking that way but appreciate the effort James.
25 mins of unseen Darnell though, something to look forward to.

You think about it and Darnell filmed Both Press Buses on Houston St. He also filmed the 2nd Press Bus/Trailing Press Bus going underneath the Triple Underpass. This means he was moving down the South side of Elm St/looking down Elm St only seconds after the Kill Shot.  As he moved West down Elm, Darnell probably witnessed Officer Hargis traveling to the North side of Elm St/The Knoll, in addition to the movements of The Umbrella Man and The Cuban. At some point Darnell crossed Elm St and then ventured behind the Zapruder Pergola. This means he also probably had a very good look at the Black Dog Man Nook, the Gordon Arnold area West of The Steps, the parking lot behind the Picket Fence, as well as the immediate area directly behind the Picket Fence itself. Darnell is another extremely valuable eyewitness that was Not called to Testify before the WC.