Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: New Discovery The Missing Segment Of The Jimmy Darnell Film  (Read 4257 times)

Online Thomas Graves

Re: New Discovery The Missing Segment Of The Jimmy Darnell Film
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 04:13:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Allow me to elaborate, by ?missing? I am referring to the fact that the vast majority of clips of the Jimmy Darnell film do not contain the sequence of footage showing a.) the press buses backed up on Houston Street or b.) Camera Cars 1 and 2 moving down Elm (Darnell shot this after he jumped from Camera Car 3 and started running down the street). Most versions either begin with a modified version that shows the front of the Texas School Book Depository (nearly identical to the Malcolm Couch film) but exercise the footage with the press buses and Darnell filming while running, or other versions edit all these sequences out and cut directly to the scene on the north side of Elm Street showing Bill Newman pounding his fist on the ground.

An interesting note to all this is that while Richard Trask reprinted a frame of the Elm Street sequence in 1998?s ?That Day in Dallas,? his description of the Darnell film in 1993?s landmark text ?Pictures of the Pain? does not mention any footage previous to that of the Newmans as I mentioned above.

*excise the footage

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 04:13:44 PM »

Online Thomas Graves

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 04:20:17 PM »
It would be nice if I could "freeze frame" the segment without having Vevo's ad pop up and cover the bottom half of it.

-- Mudd Wrassler Tommy  :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 04:20:54 PM by Thomas Graves »

Online Michael Walton

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 06:54:02 PM »
So all of this work...all of this stabilization.. all of this "look! I've synced up a frame of it with another clip!"... for a 1-second clip of "missing" film when Kennedy'c car is long gone.

And this is....significant...?

Uh....wow(?)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 06:54:02 PM »

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 10:44:06 PM »
So all of this work...all of this stabilization.. all of this "look! I've synced up a frame of it with another clip!"... for a 1-second clip of "missing" film when Kennedy'c car is long gone.

And this is....significant...?

Uh....wow(?)

I believe it has something to do with the Historical Record. To some people the JFK Assassination is more than a reality version of  the board game "CLUE".

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2019, 03:28:14 PM »
I've speculated in the past that the actions of these occupants in this camera car alone, may have influenced at least Brennan and Euins to look up at the building too, too bad the sequence doesn't allow us to see them or anyone looking that way but appreciate the effort James.
25 mins of unseen Darnell though, something to look forward to.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2019, 03:28:14 PM »

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2019, 04:18:20 PM »
I've speculated in the past that the actions of these occupants in this camera car alone, may have influenced at least Brennan and Euins to look up at the building too, too bad the sequence doesn't allow us to see them or anyone looking that way but appreciate the effort James.
25 mins of unseen Darnell though, something to look forward to.

You think about it and Darnell filmed Both Press Buses on Houston St. He also filmed the 2nd Press Bus/Trailing Press Bus going underneath the Triple Underpass. This means he was moving down the South side of Elm St/looking down Elm St only seconds after the Kill Shot.  As he moved West down Elm, Darnell probably witnessed Officer Hargis traveling to the North side of Elm St/The Knoll, in addition to the movements of The Umbrella Man and The Cuban. At some point Darnell crossed Elm St and then ventured behind the Zapruder Pergola. This means he also probably had a very good look at the Black Dog Man Nook, the Gordon Arnold area West of The Steps, the parking lot behind the Picket Fence, as well as the immediate area directly behind the Picket Fence itself. Darnell is another extremely valuable eyewitness that was Not called to Testify before the WC.     

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 01:39:45 PM »
    You think about it and Darnell filmed Both Press Buses on Houston St. He also filmed the 2nd Press Bus/Trailing Press Bus going underneath the Triple Underpass. This means he was moving down the South side of Elm St/looking down Elm St only seconds after the Kill Shot.  As he moved West down Elm, Darnell probably witnessed Officer Hargis traveling to the North side of Elm St/The Knoll, in addition to the movements of The Umbrella Man and The Cuban. At some point Darnell crossed Elm St and then ventured behind the Zapruder Pergola. This means he also probably had a very good look at the Black Dog Man Nook, the Gordon Arnold area West of The Steps, the parking lot behind the Picket Fence, as well as the immediate area directly behind the Picket Fence itself. Darnell is another extremely valuable eyewitness that was Not called to Testify before the WC.   

IMHO he wasn't called because he could not remember the gun in the window event but sorry, the buses on Houston? He caught them on tape and you've seen it?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 01:39:45 PM »

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 04:27:03 PM »
IMHO he wasn't called because he could not remember the gun in the window event but sorry, the buses on Houston? He caught them on tape and you've seen it?

A short Darnell Film snippet was discovered by Thurman Lee Storing. This snippet shows the 2 Press Buses on Houston. It is at the :10 second mark on the fuzzy Darnell Film compilation that begins this Thread. I have seen clearer footage of this snippet. The MASSIVE Press Buses on Houston St. are not difficult to distinguish. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 04:27:03 PM »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 06:16:51 PM »
Guess I was too busy focusing on the peeps opposite the TSBD to notice them Royell but ty yes, a bit hard to miss.

Is everyone happy with this being Darnell now?

Between us and the v front of the bus.

Hargis seems to be back at the lamppost before/as Darnell jumped out, as seen in Couch.

Offline Nellie Jackson

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 08:08:45 AM »
Jimmy Darnell was my Father and I can confirm that is him in the picture.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 08:08:45 AM »

Mobile View