Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak (new book)  (Read 67877 times)

Offline Oscar Navarro

Re: I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak (new book)
« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2018, 04:49:13 PM »
Advertisement
My new book, I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak, is now available for purchase.

Fred Litwin recounts how he became a JFK conspiracy freak at eighteen, and then slowly moved to believe that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone assassin. This book demonstrates how the left and the right have used the JFK assassination to drive home myths about power in America. There is also the horrible persecution of a gay man prosecuted for conspiring to kill Kennedy, the ugly story of Oliver Stone?s homophobic film JFK, an expos? of conspiracy nonsense on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, a look at how the Soviets tried to influence American public opinion into believing the CIA was behind the assassination, and the incredible secret why some JFK assassination documents must remain locked up forever. And a whole lot more.

PRAISE for I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak

?As a young man growing up in the heyday of Kennedy assassination theorizing, Fred Litwin believed a conspiracy killed JFK.  And then he grew, and he studied and he researched.  The result is this volume, a thorough, cogent and meticulously argued case for a lone assassin.  A seasoned conspiracy skeptic will learn new things here, and a conspiracy believer open to looking at the other side could do no better than this volume.?
     John McAdams, Associate Professor of Political Science at Marquette University and author of JFK Assassination Logic: How to Think about Claims of Conspiracy

?This is a great book for conspiracy buffs?and, more important, for those who debunk such theories. Fred Litwin does a terrific job in blowing up the myriad JFK assassination scenarios, not least in completely demolishing The Fifth Estate?s decades-long efforts to ?uncover? the truth. The CBC?s lead investigative show is revealed here to be more than slightly unhinged.?
     J. L. Granatstein, Author of Who Killed Canadian History?

?Who killed John F. Kennedy has become the conspiracy theory of conspiracy theories. Despite the many recent books debunking all of them, scores of people still believe Lee Harvey Oswald was not involved or had accomplices, and was directed by either Moscow, the CIA, the FBI, Lyndon Johnson, Fidel Castro,  or whomever one chooses to accuse.

In Fred Litwin?s marvelous book, he charts how he went from becoming one of the earlier skeptics to someone dedicated to dissecting their arguments and carefully tearing them apart. The penultimate chapter is the one in which Litwin takes a scalpel to the vehicle that has unfortunately convinced many Americans there was a real conspiracy. That source is the famous Oliver Stone movie, JFK, in which Litwin shows the director created a nonexistent homosexual cabal planning to assassinate Kennedy, which was also in cahoots with the CIA. The agency, according to Stone, wanted Kennedy dead because he was about to pull U.S. troops out of Vietnam! Exposing Stone?s lies after lies, the director won?t know what hit him if he dares to read Litwin?s book.

Litwin continues to update the many books and new theories that keep coming to prove conspiracy, up to the present. What he has accomplished is to put the final nail in the coffin of all the conspiracy theorists, who develop new ones as old theories are proven wrong. He has given us a beautifully written and compelling book, one in which Litwin tells the bold, unvarnished truth. How anyone reading this can still conclude that JFK was killed by various conspirators, rather than the lone gunman Lee Harvey Oswald, is beyond my comprehension. Everyone still concerned with JFK?s death and thinks it?s a mystery, must read Fred Litwin?s I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak. They will be glad they did.?
     Ronald Radosh, Professor Emeritus of History at CUNY, opinion columnist for The Daily Beast and co-author of A Safe Haven: Harry S. Truman and the Founding of Israel.

?Mr. Litwin?s book is the best in many, many years in dealing with the truth about this horrendous piece of history?and exposing the fakirs, cons and opportunists who often call themselves ?historians.? A fine presentation!?
     Hugh Aynesworth, Author of November 22, 1963: Witness to History and JFK: Breaking the News

Mr. Litwin, first let me congratulate you on writing and getting a book published. Now to the meat of the matter. For someone who is convinced that Oswald was the lone assassin and that there was no conspiracy what is in your book that would make someone want to spend a few bucks? There are plenty of web sites one can use for free and there other books which make the claim that there is no further need to examine the case as it has already been solved.

Sincerely,

Oscar

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2018, 04:49:13 PM »

Offline Fred Litwin

« Reply #257 on: November 11, 2018, 05:39:21 PM »
I believe I tell the story of assassination critics in a new way. And I also tell a personal story. In addition, I have
a chapter of new information about the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and their predilection for conspiracy. People
who believe that LHO was the lone gunman like the book - there are four 5-star review on Amazon and one five-star
review on Amazon.co.uk. For people who believe there was a conspiracy, well, I don't have to worry about
getting any low-star reviews, because they simply won't read my book.

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #258 on: November 11, 2018, 06:49:40 PM »
I believe I tell the story of assassination critics in a new way. And I also tell a personal story. In addition, I have
a chapter of new information about the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and their predilection for conspiracy. People
who believe that LHO was the lone gunman like the book - there are four 5-star review on Amazon and one five-star
review on Amazon.co.uk. For people who believe there was a conspiracy, well, I don't have to worry about
getting any low-star reviews, because they simply won't read my book.

OK...so, instead of CTers being silly you think they're well intentioned nincompoops?  ;D I read the free chapter on Jim Garrison and it was informative but I missed the citations. I'm a stickler for citations. Thanks for the quick response and good luck with the book.

Sincerely,

Oscar 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #258 on: November 11, 2018, 06:49:40 PM »

Offline Fred Litwin

« Reply #259 on: November 11, 2018, 07:27:26 PM »
OK...so, instead of CTers being silly you think they're well intentioned nincompoops?  ;D I read the free chapter on Jim Garrison and it was informative but I missed the citations. I'm a stickler for citations. Thanks for the quick response and good luck with the book.

Sincerely,

Oscar

The citations are in my book. Every source is noted. I just didn't send them to John. I probably should.

I never said they were nincompoops. I said they won't read my book. And, if you go back in this post, you will see many posts from
people who believe in conspiracy saying that they won't read my book.

fred

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2018, 09:11:57 PM »
The citations are in my book. Every source is noted. I just didn't send them to John. I probably should.

I never said they were nincompoops. I said they won't read my book. And, if you go back in this post, you will see many posts from
people who believe in conspiracy saying that they won't read my book.

fred

There's a misunderstanding and it's probably my fault. I'm not accusing you of anything. My attempt at humor was in reference to your statement there's a different take or new way of explaining away how CTers function. That's the way I interpret it anyway.

Oscar

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2018, 09:11:57 PM »

Offline Fred Litwin

« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2018, 01:16:53 AM »
There's a misunderstanding and it's probably my fault. I'm not accusing you of anything. My attempt at humor was in reference to your statement there's a different take or new way of explaining away how CTers function. That's the way I interpret it anyway.

Oscar

By the way, I'll be posting all the notes and sources to my chapter on Garrison in the next few days.

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2018, 02:04:32 AM »
By the way, I'll be posting all the notes and sources to my chapter on Garrison in the next few days.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2018, 02:04:32 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #263 on: November 12, 2018, 03:08:02 AM »
He's either history's Smartest or Dumbest criminal depending on the day of the week

Better to be lucky than good

Not that you lot beleve in luck
Everything needs a failsafe plan to succeed.... Right?