Author Topic: Erasing the past to protect a fairytale  (Read 151666 times)

Offline Arjan Hut

• Nothing personal.
    • Arjan Hut's Soundcloud
Re: Erasing the past to protect a fairytale
« Reply #1176 on: March 18, 2017, 08:21:41 PM »
298   Most Texas Employment Commission records relating to Oswald

On Monday morning, September 23, 1963  as Ruth Paine and Marina were preparing
to leave New Orleans, Mr. Olin Benjamin Hamilton telephoned the Texas Employment
Commission (TEC). Hamilton requested that applicants for the position of warehouseman
be referred to his company, Semtner Drug Depot (2416 South Central Expressway,
Dallas), for possible employment. One of the applicants sent by the TEC was Lee
Harvey Oswald, who he remembered as a white American, age 27, 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-8,
slender build, dark hair, and wearing a suit.

(From the FBI report on the Hamilton interview)

When Hamilton told Oswald that warehousemen were paid $1.35 per hour,
Oswald said that he would not take less than $1.50 per hour as he had a wife and two
children to support (Oswald's 2nd child, Rachel, was not born until October 20). Lee Harvey
Oswald failed to make a good impression with Hamilton, who remembered that he was
arrogant and unfriendly.

NOTE: The TEC office that interviewed applicants for warehouse positions was the
industrial office at 1206 Ross Blvd. Nobody from this office, including Harry Sanderson
who remembered Oswald, was interviewed by the Warren Commission. Most of the TEC
records relating to Oswald disappeared after they were turned over to the FBI, and none
of the surviving documents show that Oswald was referred to the Semtner Drug Depot.

(John Amstrong, Harvey & Lee, p. 601)

(page from one of Armstrong’s notebooks indicating TEC offices, Armstrong collection, Baylor
University)

Offline Arjan Hut

• Nothing personal.
    • Arjan Hut's Soundcloud
« Reply #1177 on: March 20, 2017, 09:20:33 PM »
299          "The Estes Tapes"

“From his own words, its obvious that, as stated above, a convicted felon and liar like
Estes—who was actually conviced of fraud twice-- had personal motives to implicate a
dead President in the murder of JFK. Therefore we cannot take for granted the word of
someone with a damaged reputation, little credibility, a criminal past and evident
personal self-interest like Billie Sol Estes. In furtherance of this, if, as he said in his
book (pgs 138, 143, 150, 152-3, 165) he had tapes of Carter talking about his carrying
out LBJ’s orders in the Kennedy murder, he could make a million selling them. He never
did so. And the reason he says he has tapes is probably to neutralize the fact that there
is no other credible corroboration for his late arriving story.”

(Evaluating the Case against Lyndon Johnson, by Vasilios Vazakas, 2012)

LBJ aide Clifton C. Carter, second from the right with tie and glasses

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:27:54 PM
by Arjan Hut
»

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1178 on: March 22, 2017, 04:15:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
299          "The Estes Tapes"

“From his own words, its obvious that, as stated above, a convicted felon and liar like
Estes—who was actually conviced of fraud twice-- had personal motives to implicate a
dead President in the murder of JFK. Therefore we cannot take for granted the word of
someone with a damaged reputation, little credibility, a criminal past and evident
personal self-interest like Billie Sol Estes. In furtherance of this, if, as he said in his
book (pgs 138, 143, 150, 152-3, 165) he had tapes of Carter talking about his carrying
out LBJ’s orders in the Kennedy murder, he could make a million selling them. He never
did so. And the reason he says he has tapes is probably to neutralize the fact that there
is no other credible corroboration for his late arriving story.”

(Evaluating the Case against Lyndon Johnson, by Vasilios Vazakas, 2012)

LBJ aide Clifton C. Carter, second from the right with tie and glasses

I believe that Estes became a honest man while in prison......   There's no doubt that he was a scoundrel on LBJ's pirate ship ...but he saw the light.

I KNOW that Billie Sol Estes went and talked to Marina shortly before he died....  I've never learned what he told Marina.

Offline Arjan Hut

• Nothing personal.
    • Arjan Hut's Soundcloud
« Reply #1179 on: March 26, 2017, 06:13:39 PM »
300       One five foot tall KGB file on Oswald

The Soviet intelligence service has a massive file on accused presidential assassin Lee Harvey Oswald that
has never been public, said federal judge John Tunheim, former chairman of a government declassification
panel

Tunheim said he reviewed the file in Moscow in 1994 on behalf of the Assassination Records Review Board
(ARRB), which declassified millions of pages of JFK documents in the 1990s.

“The KGB file stood five feet tall when you stacked all the boxes up,” Tunheim told a Washington press
conference on Thursday.

Tunheim said he was allowed to look at the records, which were in Russian. He was told that they related to
the Soviet security services’ daily surveillance of Oswald, a former Marine who lived in the Soviet Union from
October 1959 to May 1962.

“We came very close to getting it released,” Tunheim said. “But I didn’t get any help from the State
Department, and, in the end, the KGB chose not to let it go.”

Tunheim was the keynote speaker at a conference organized by the Coalition Against Political Assassinations.

JFK conspiracy theories involving the KGB have never been substantiated and are considered by historians to be
among the less plausible scenarios behind the murder of the liberal president in Dallas on November 22, 1963.

(JFKfacts.org, March 18, 2017)

Judge Tunheim

Offline Arjan Hut

• Nothing personal.
    • Arjan Hut's Soundcloud
« Reply #1180 on: March 27, 2017, 09:17:43 PM »
301         "The Edward Bray film"

Bray claims he has a film of the assassination taken from a window of the TSBD.

Edward F. Bray claims that he wrote a letter warning John Connally of a death threat against the
governor in Dallas. After the assassination, BRAY was shown a film, by an organization named
"The Justice for the Tresher Crew", of JFK's head "blowing out". The Tresher was a US nuclear
submarine that sank in 1963.

(Lost, Missing, Over-Exposed, Unavailable Photos and Films and Dubious Claims, Denis Morissette website)

Offline Arjan Hut

• Nothing personal.
    • Arjan Hut's Soundcloud
« Reply #1181 on: March 28, 2017, 12:40:50 PM »
302        Unknown woman's pictures of 'sniper's window'
303        Moving pictures from upper window Dal Tex Building

Two items in one, found on Denis Morissette's wonderful website:

Mr. BELIN. Is there anything else you can think of that occurred at the Texas School Book Depository
that afternoon while you were there that might have any relevancy about where the shots came
from, other than what you have told thus far?

Mr. SAWYER. Well, I had heard some of the officers come to me and said there was supposed to be,
somebody told them about a woman that had taken some pictures of that window, and then one of the
sergeants came to me, and I am not sure who the sergeant is now, but anyway he said that there was
on the building immediately west east, I am sorry cast [sic – east], of the Texas School Book
Depository, that a man up in one of the upper windows up there was taking some moving pictures
of what had gone on. 

“ a woman that had taken some pictures of that window”
Could it have been her?

Mr. BELIN. Did you ever contact this man? Do you know what his name is?

Mr. SAWYER. No; I don't know his name. The sergeant told me that the man would not give
them the pictures, that he was waiting for the Secret Service or the FBI, I forget which now,
and I sent the sergeant and two men back over there with instructions to bring that man
and his pictures to me. 

The Dal Tex Building

When they got back over there, Forrest Sorrels of the Secret Service was already there,
and at least they so reported back to me, and was talking to this man. 

So I told them to go ahead with their normal assignments and since Forrest was already
there and talking to him, I knew that that part would be taken care of. 

Mr. BELIN. You don't know what his name was or what the results of it was? 

Mr. SAWYER. I don't know. 

Inspector Herbert Sawyer of the Dallas Police

(The testimony of J. Herbert Sawyer, April 8, 1964)

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1182 on: March 28, 2017, 06:44:13 PM »
He also may be talking about Mary Ann Moorman's photos.