Author Topic: Erasing the past to protect a fairytale  (Read 179429 times)

Arjan Hut and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Arjan Hut

• Nothing personal.
    • Arjan Hut's Soundcloud
Re: Erasing the past to protect a fairytale
« Reply #1162 on: March 16, 2017, 11:30:07 AM »
296     Beverly's Babushka camera

Is it possible that Beverly Oliver was the Babushka Lady, that she wore a black wig masking her own
light blond hair and that she carried an ultra modern color-movie camera that could easily be mistaken for
an old fashioned Tower 120 Box camera?

There is no trace of the camera she claimed to have used to film the motorcade.

"I never said that I used a Super Eight camera. That came from a man named Gary Shaw in a book that he wrote
called The Cover-Up. I might have said to him, and this was 1970, Super Eight meaning eight millimeter. All I know
is that it was a prototype camera that a man I was dating who worked for Eastman Kodak, by the name of
Lawrence Taylor Ronco, Jr., gave me as a present the September before the President was killed in November, a
brand new camera, a magazine load, and I had to send these little envelopes to Rochester to be developed. That's
all I know about the camera, and it was a Yashika. When this came out about the camera, I called Yashika in New
York and spoke to John Storch. I don't know what his position was. He was very excited to do research on the camera.

Posner is right; that camera was not available to the general public in 1963, but it does not mean that I could not have
had a prototype camera of it. I'm not saying it was Super Eight. I don't know what it was. He also made a statement,
and I have it in writing, in talking to his supervisors and people of that time, that they felt like probably if I had used the
word Super Eight in that interview, it's like people going today to get something Xeroxed. After they came out, they just
became the nomenclature for any kind of an eight millimeter camera."

(Beverly Oliver "The Babushka Lady" Interview, Gary James, Mobile Alabama Harbinger, 1998)

Larry Ronco and Beverly Oliver

The relationship with Larry Ronco was short-lived;
Ronco changed after the assassination; his pursuit of
Oliver became so over-bearing that she obtained a
restaining order. Later, she heard that Ronco committed
suïcide.

(John Delane Williams, NIGHTMARE IN DALLAS: A REVIEW)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:46:24 AM
by Arjan Hut
»

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1163 on: March 16, 2017, 02:49:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Do you have a link for that post?

It was posted just a few days ago .....I'll see if I can find it.

Page 144 of this thread.......    It was published in Gary Shaws book ...Cover Up

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 03:04:15 PM
by Walt Cakebread
»

Online Arjan Hut

• Nothing personal.
    • Arjan Hut's Soundcloud
« Reply #1164 on: March 16, 2017, 04:20:49 PM »
Ah Yes, I agree with Richard Douglas and others that that is not the Bandana Person.

Douglas suggests someone else (red square) in the same Murray photograph:

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #1165 on: March 16, 2017, 05:27:01 PM »
Yeah, I don't think that's Babushka Lady.  Her coat and scarf are too dark.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 05:27:41 PM
by John Iacoletti
»

Offline Billy Carr

• TRUTH will return at the time posted above...
« Reply #1166 on: March 16, 2017, 05:56:24 PM »
Yeah, I don't think that's Babushka Lady.  Her coat and scarf are too dark.

I agree. The photo of the lady in profile looking to the right does not have the correct poofy bangs of the Babushka Lady. And according to the location analysis in the thread I posted, the BL was in a different location right then, closer to high school jacket girl.

So neither the location nor the poofy hair are consistent with the BL that was tracked.

In any case, (1) the lady on the wrong side of Houston street with round sunglasses, (2) the old lady crossing the street, and (3) the flat hair/profile to the right lady are all shown to be incorrect identities of the BL.

Online Walt Cakebread

« Reply #1167 on: March 16, 2017, 06:04:50 PM »
I agree. The photo of the lady in profile looking to the right does not have the correct poofy bangs of the Babushka Lady. And according to the location analysis in the thread I posted, the BL was in a different location right then, closer to high school jacket girl.

So neither the location nor the poofy hair are consistent with the BL that was tracked.

In any case, (1) the lady on the wrong side of Houston street with round sunglasses, (2) the old lady crossing the street, and (3) the flat hair/profile to the right lady are all shown to be incorrect identities of the BL.

Do I have to call her on the phone and ask her?

Online Arjan Hut

• Nothing personal.
    • Arjan Hut's Soundcloud
« Reply #1168 on: March 17, 2017, 08:13:19 AM »
297     Document concerning Regis Kennedy

Joseph Newbrough, Jr., another associate of Banister's, said that David Ferrie
visited Banister's office on a daily basis for several months. He recalled that Ferrie,
FBI Agent Warren DeBrueys, and FBI Agent Regis Kennedy frequently traveled to the
MDC (Movemiento Democratica Cristiano aka Christian Democratic Movement) and
the McLaney Camps (named for the owner of the land-William McLaney) on the north
shore of Lake Pontchartrain.

(John Armstrong, Harvey & Lee, p.552)

Garisson also subpoenaed Regis Kennedy and Warren de Brueys, who had already been transferred
to Washington DC out of harm's way. ( … ) De Brueys was gone but Regis Kennedy remained in New
Orleans. In Washington, Regis Kennedy's reports were immediately sealed.

(Joan Mellen, A Farewell to Justice)

Q: What happened to the F.B.I. agent who took possession of your film? 
A: Supposedly, and I don't know the whole story so I'm repeating what researchers have told me,
that he died just a few weeks before he was to appear before the House Select Committee to give
testimony about the film.

(Beverly Oliver "The Babushka Lady" Interview, Gary James, Mobile Alabama Harbinger, 1998)

Additional deaths during the interview period: Apart from the above listed agents, Regis Kennedy who
was a senior agent in the FBI assigned to New Orleans also died during the HSCA interview period. He
was one of two FBI agents in New Orleans assigned as contact men for Lee Harvey Oswald in his role
as FBI informer. Regis Kennedy’s death would be considered curious, not suspicious, due to the
coincidence with his HSCA interview per Jerome A. Kroth. He informed the Assassinations Committee
in 1978 that Carlos Marcello, the alleged Mafia boss in New Orleans, was not affiliated to organized
crime and was a tomato salesman. Regis Kennedy died shortly after testifying before the Committee in
1978. Kennedy is said to have confiscated a film of the assassination taken by what conspiracy
researchers call “The Babushka lady film” which was seized before anyone ever viewed it, and was
never recovered.

(Did Six FBI Agents die before they could testify before the House Select Committee on Assassinations?, Skeptiks)

Regis suffered a heart attack the day before he was scheduled to testify before a grand jury regarding confiscated home
movies of the assassination.

The unreleased files contain an untitled communication from Justice Department files from Regis Kennedy to the special
agent in charge of the FBI’s New Orleans field office on May 18, 1967.

(You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)