Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: LHO - In his own words - free book download  (Read 1045 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: LHO - In his own words - free book download
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2018, 12:21:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
She did work at Reily Coffee Company.

Did she? Do you have any proof? and not that 1963 type evidence like documents, photographs, anything handwritten, government papers or any other such malarky, I want real proof the sort of proof that you would actually accept.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2018, 12:21:03 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2018, 03:42:02 AM »
Martin, there are some things in this life that are so blindingly obvious that they reside in a special place beyond the traditional requirement of debate and research. The earth is round, water is wet, etc.

One of those truths is that Judyth Baker concocted her entire relationship with LHO and has been foisting this charade on a gullible public for decades.

Even a cursory examination of her claims, going all the way back to the beginning, will reveal that she spun a web of BS, changed her story when new facts arose, made very sloppy mistakes that she later attempted to hide, and when cornered, she created distractions, suggesting someone was trying to harm, detain or otherwise derail her holy crusade.

There are so many red herrings and outright stupidities on the CT side of this case but JVB's fiction is among the most preposterous. Anyone who buys into her sham has the discernment power of a drunken gnat.

Martin, there are some things in this life that are so blindingly obvious that they reside in a special place beyond the traditional requirement of debate and research. The earth is round, water is wet, etc.

And yet, you wouldn't believe the  number of people who still think the earth is flat. IMO they are wrong of course, but to them your comment might not seen so obvious after all

One of those truths is that Judyth Baker concocted her entire relationship with LHO and has been foisting this charade on a gullible public for decades.

That might seem obvious to you, but I am sure there are plenty of people around for whom it is not obvious at all.

Even a cursory examination of her claims, going all the way back to the beginning, will reveal that she spun a web of BS, changed her story when new facts arose, made very sloppy mistakes that she later attempted to hide, and when cornered, she created distractions, suggesting someone was trying to harm, detain or otherwise derail her holy crusade.

There are so many red herrings and outright stupidities on the CT side of this case but JVB's fiction is among the most preposterous. Anyone who buys into her sham has the discernment power of a drunken gnat.

All this in your opinion, of course... right?

It doesn't demonstrate that they never met.

But because everything else she claims is bogus, I don't *believe* her claim that they even met is true.

She is not a credible person. And it's not my job to parse her lies as to what's outright BS and what might've, kinda, sorta, maybe, could've happened.

Mark, you do understand that there is a difference between you believing her claim to be untrue and outright stating, as you did in your previous post, that they never met, right?

Offline Mark Valenti

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2018, 04:02:57 AM »
Mark, you do understand that there is a difference between you believing her claim to be untrue and outright stating, as you did in your previous post, that they never met, right?

Martin, people say things because they believe them. And they believe those things based on what they have read, heard or experienced.

Everything that JVB has written leads me to the conclusion that she is lying about knowing Oswald.

Because of her many obvious lies, she is without a doubt, to me, a dishonest person. I don't believe she is delusional. I think she is caught up in a maelstrom of her own creation and can't now back away from it. She's in too deep.

Her lies revolve around her alleged relationship with Oswald. So many of them have been proven to be lies, and much of the other junk she publishes is clearly the work of a fantasist attempting to retrofit her story to match known history.

Therefore, anything she claims about him - having sex, dating, clandestine spy work -- and even meeting him -- is tainted and not worthy of belief.

That's why I believe what I believe. It's a fact for me. So that's what I called it.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2018, 05:42:07 PM »
I think you really are equating "not believing that she ever met Oswald" with "believing that she never met Oswald".  They are not the same thing.

Offline Mark Valenti

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2018, 07:22:20 PM »
I think you really are equating "not believing that she ever met Oswald" with "believing that she never met Oswald".  They are not the same thing.

Do you really walk through your own life with such a mealy-mouthed set of convictions? Are you unable to land firmly - with certainty - that anything is true? Do you believe any fact at all is undeniably correct, or is everything up for grabs in terms of its veracity?

Facts earn their 'factness' by virtue of what an individual perceives to be the truth, based on observation, logic, state of existence and perspective relative to surrounding data.

JVB has taken a small bit of claimed data (I knew Lee Harvey Oswald) that could reasonably, historically have been true, and spun it into a decades-long pathway of deceptions. However...

Based on her lengthy and rich prevarications, which demonstrate her utter lack of shame, along with a willingness to creatively and falsely link many historical events to her own faux autobiography, I surmise that she has taken the origin point of her tenuous "connection" to Oswald (we worked at the same place at the same time) and conflated it into "I knew Lee, we were in love, we had an affair, we were spies" etc.

And that, for me, calls into disrepute anything she says. Including the otherwise harmless "I met Lee Harvey Oswald."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2018, 07:22:20 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 07:37:31 PM »
Do you really walk through your own life with such a mealy-mouthed set of convictions? Are you unable to land firmly - with certainty - that anything is true? Do you believe any fact at all is undeniably correct, or is everything up for grabs in terms of its veracity?

What "mealy-mouthed" about it?  Why is "I don't know" such a difficult thing for some people to admit, when they don't, in fact, know?

Offline Mark Valenti

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2018, 07:43:52 PM »
What "mealy-mouthed" about it?  Why is "I don't know" such a difficult thing for some people to admit, when they don't, in fact, know?

That's my point, you just proved it.

Do you, John Iacoletti, *know* anything?

Or do you just kinda think things may be true, but you're not sure and you wouldn't want to presume to claim them as true?

Cruising through life without beliefs.

That's mealy-mouthed.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2018, 07:46:59 PM »
That's my point, you just proved it.

Do you, John Iacoletti, *know* anything?

Or do you just kinda think things may be true, but you're not sure and you wouldn't want to presume to claim them as true?

Cruising through life without beliefs.

That's mealy-mouthed.

I believe things (accept them as true or likely to be true) if there is a good reason to do so.  If not, then it's the null hypothesis.  Is it rational to do otherwise?  Why?

Is believe without evidence some kind of virtue?  Why?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2018, 07:46:59 PM »

Offline Mark Valenti

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2018, 08:15:09 PM »
I believe things (accept them as true or likely to be true) if there is a good reason to do so.  If not, then it's the null hypothesis.  Is it rational to do otherwise?  Why?

Is believe without evidence some kind of virtue?  Why?

Then all you are really quibbling with me about is that you don't believe the reasons for my belief are good enough. My data doesn't move you. My explanations are not persuasive to you.

And that is nothing more than your opinion about my facts.

Online Howard Gee

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2018, 08:46:04 PM »
Mr. Valenti, your writing skills are extremely impressive.

Props to you.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2018, 08:46:04 PM »