Author Topic: A "mauser" by any other name...  (Read 23873 times)

Online Michael Capasse

Re: A "mauser" by any other name...
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 06:07:19 AM »
Its NO mistake when you bring it back and write it up....

then 23 years later - say this...

Gerry Spence - And it wasn't until after a certain gun in the possession of the FBI suddenly turned out to be a Mannlicher.  That it changed from being a Mauser to a Mannlicher. Isn't that true?
Lt Boone - I would say that's an accurate statement yes, sir
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:20:13 AM
by Michael Capasse
»

Offline Mike Giampaolo

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 06:30:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Its NO mistake when you bring it back and write it up....

then 23 years later - say this...

Gerry Spence - And it wasn't until after a certain gun in the possession of the FBI suddenly turned out to be a Mannlicher.  That it changed from being a Mauser to a Mannlicher. Isn't that true?
Lt Boone - I would say that's an accurate statement yes, sir

I think your under the impression Boone and Weitzman seen this weapon after they observed it on the 6th floor. That is not the case. They were sheriff deputies and the Dallas police controlled the evidence and were in a different building. So they never had access to the information gathered by the police department and filed their affidavits without all the facts. Thats just reality no matter how you want to spin it to win it..

Online Michael Capasse

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 06:37:15 AM »
I think your under the impression Boone and Weitzman seen this weapon after they observed it on the 6th floor. That is not the case. They were sheriff deputies and the Dallas police controlled the evidence and were in a different building. So they never had access to the information gathered by the police department and filed their affidavits without all the facts. Thats just reality no matter how you want to spin it to win it..

I disagree Weitzamn's affidavit description is very specific - does not seem from memory - (specific scope & strap included; he is with the rifle as he writes)

..as well as Weitman saying "German made" again 3 days later to the FBI seems odd..

...and 7.65 is a very specific Mauser

Offline Mike Giampaolo

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 06:50:20 AM »
I disagree Weitzamn's affidavit description is very specific - does not seem from memory - (specific scope & strap included; he is with the rifle as he writes)

..as well as Weitman saying "German made" again 3 days later to the FBI seems odd..

...and 7.65 is a very specific Mauser

Waste..of..time.

Ive already posted the relevant statements from Boone. They both seen the rifle lifted from the boxes and it was photographed and filmed and it was a 6.5 Italian Carcano. Go fish.

Offline Tony Krome

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 07:52:15 AM »
They both seen the rifle lifted from the boxes and it was photographed and filmed and it was a 6.5 Italian Carcano.

They let a TV newsman join the hunt for an armed gunman? WOW!!

We were looking for a sniper, not a rifle. - Tom Alyea

Offline Mike Giampaolo

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 08:17:27 AM »
They let a TV newsman join the hunt for an armed gunman? WOW!!

We were looking for a sniper, not a rifle. - Tom Alyea

Gonna try and say pictures and film lie? It wont surprise anyone. Trust me.

Offline Tony Krome

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 08:50:50 AM »
Gonna try and say pictures and film lie? It wont surprise anyone. Trust me.

I believe the film is genuine footage by Tom Aylea of the recovery of a rifle .... Cameras ... Action!

Do I believe a TV cameraman was allowed to join police in looking for an armed shooter?  Hardly!

Capt. Fritz then ordered us to continue our search back down again. At that time a Sheriff's Deputy who was in our search party went back to the Sheriff's Office to get some flashlights so we could see into the dark recesses inside the stacks of towering book cartons. - Tom Aylea