Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's Light-Colored Jacket  (Read 138463 times)

Offline John Anderson

Re: Oswald's Jacket
« Reply #592 on: February 21, 2018, 10:30:54 PM »
Advertisement
That is what happened. Any blanket fibers that had been on the rifle would have fallen off between the time that Oswald removed the rifle from the blanket and the time that Carl Day prepared it to be handed over to Vincent Drain.

We can certainly take it as a possiblity and anyone claiming it's not a possiblity is plain wrong. Thisn't tough stuff to understand.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #592 on: February 21, 2018, 10:30:54 PM »

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #593 on: February 21, 2018, 10:31:47 PM »
"A logical possibility is fibres from the blanket were on the rifle which were then transferred from the rifle to the bag.
No blanket fibres left remaining on the rifle doesn't negate that possibility."

Nice pictures.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #594 on: February 21, 2018, 10:36:51 PM »
We can certainly take it as a possiblity and anyone claiming it's not a possiblity is plain wrong. Thisn't tough stuff to understand.

Anything is possible.  The question is, is there any good reason to believe that it's true?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #594 on: February 21, 2018, 10:36:51 PM »

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #595 on: February 21, 2018, 11:19:49 PM »
Anything is possible.  The question is, is there any good reason to believe that it's true?

I didn't say it was true. I posted it was possible in response to someone who claimed he had 'the only other logical explanation'
which definitely isn't true.

If the bag and blanket were forensically analysed before being photographed together and touching on a table then we have reason to consider it as true. If they were not forensically analysed by that point then no we don't have good reason. Simple. Although time stamping photos isn't necessarily so simple.

Is there any good reason to believe the FBI would be so incompetent?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #596 on: February 21, 2018, 11:52:12 PM »
I didn't say it was true. I posted it was possible in response to someone who claimed he had 'the only other logical explanation'

Agreed.  It was Tim who said "that's what happened".

FBI, no.  Dallas PD, yes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #596 on: February 21, 2018, 11:52:12 PM »

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #597 on: February 22, 2018, 01:53:23 AM »
Agreed.  It was Tim who said "that's what happened".

FBI, no.  Dallas PD, yes.

It was Gary Craig.

"Does this mean that you accept that the fibers came from Oswald's blanket?"

They could have.

The point I was making was, since no fibers from that blanket were found on the TSBD Carcano the ones

found in/on the homemade gun case didn't/couldn't have come from that rifle. Where did the fibers come

from then? The logical conclusion, based on the photo of the blanket and gun case in contact while in LE

possession, is the fibers got on the gun case via cross contamination. If you argue against that proposition

you are left with evidence tampering.

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #598 on: February 22, 2018, 06:09:13 AM »
It was Gary Craig.

You're wrong on both counts.

1st).

It was Tim Nickerson who said "that is what happened".

Quote from: Tim Nickerson on February 21, 2018, 05:29:28 PM

"That is what happened. Any blanket fibers that had been on the rifle would have fallen off between the time that Oswald removed the rifle from the blanket and the time that Carl Day prepared it to be handed over to Vincent Drain."

2nd).

Allegedly the TSBD Carcano was wrapped in the blanket found in the Paine's garage for several months.

It was moved around, opened and closed etc in that time. 

It's a absolute certainty that fibers from that blanket would have been found on that rifle if the above is

true. The rough stock, sharp edges and angles would have snagged and trapped hundreds of fiubers.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #598 on: February 22, 2018, 06:09:13 AM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #599 on: February 22, 2018, 06:17:16 AM »

If the bag and blanket were forensically analysed before being photographed together and touching on a table then we have reason to consider it as true. If they were not forensically analysed by that point then no we don't have good reason. Simple. Although time stamping photos isn't necessarily so simple.

Doesn't matter when the photos were taken.

The photos establish the sloppy careless way the evidence was handled by LE.

The cross contamination could have taken place at anytime while in their possession.